E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

This is the worst loose powder I have ever used. I decided to try it for "baking" as I've heard many good reviews... and BECER AGAIN!!! First off it looks like baking soda, it leaves a horrible white cast on your face, and it basically sucks up all of the foundation/concealer so the coverage is gone. I'll stick to my cover girl loose powder... this one is SHIT

Very good traslucent powder for the price. It makes your skin very silky.

To Read all 736 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/27/2016 11:03:00 PM

So, this powder is very mattifying. So mattifying, that it made the fine expression lines on my forehead look like deep, canyon wrinkles. So mattifying that it made my barely-there BB cream look flakey and cakey around my mouth. It seriously aged me 15 years with the lightest dusting to my t-zone and under-eye area. And it also was oddly whitening on me too.

If you are super oily you might like this. If you have normal to oily skin or drier, it will suck the hydration from your soul.

on 11/27/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I discovered ELF not long ago I Kmart and this powder was so cheap so I thought I would give it a go! I was sceptical but I actually really like it! I have dry skin and this powder doesn't dry out my foundation and doesn't change the colour of my foundation either (a few 'translucent' powders have been known to do this to me). If I put a lot of foundation on, I find it does sink into my smile lines but aside from that it's pretty much perfect!

on 11/17/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I bought this to save myself some money (I had been using LM powder) and I love it. I even like it better than the LM powder. I use it to set my concealer & my t-zone. I have oily skin and I find that this keeps me matte as long as the LM powder did. But my favorite thing is that I don't look powdery at all & my skin (including my under eye) feels and looks smooth. The only thing I hate is the packaging because it can get messy real quick but still worth the buy. I definitely recommend if you're looking for a cheaper powder!

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Only works for baking under the eyes looks horrid allover the face but elf has an actual under eye powder which is way better

on 10/25/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Aaaamazing powder. I have recently been using this after primer, BEFORE foundation, and omg my foundation looks aaamazing. I saw several YouTube gurus using it this way, and the results are incredible. I hear a lot of people say they hate the container. I find that leaving on the clear sticker, and just poking holes in that, prevents over spillage. I prefer to use a big fluffy podwer brush to apply, but sometimes use the puff that comes with it to pat on areas that need extra attention..this product is a must have.

the setting powder worked ok. it didn't crease, but it made me look cakey. the worst part is the packaging. omg. if you're not super careful there will be powder EVERYWHERE. it's so messy and wasteful. don't buy this. nyc translucent powder is so much better and it's cheaper.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

very fine milled powder , works great for setting my foundation, doesn't make me look pale . it's a great price for what you get i just wish the sifter was a twist shut like bare minerals or even the ulta mineral foundation because God forbid this thing to be tossed around in a hand bag a few times lol