E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

on 3/1/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Good for the price, the pckaging is a mess but the product looks nice on the face.

on 2/17/2017 3:27:00 PM

I LOVE this! I mix it in with my powder and it gives me a dewy finish! I use it every day!

on 2/13/2017 3:13:00 PM

I would give this 2.5 stars if I could. I'm really on the fence about it, leaning to NO. I tried this powder today (not the first time) and it was just awful. I had to wash my face at lunchtime and redo my makeup, it was that bad! I used a puff to apply and it just didn't work.

As others have stated, it's not finely milled so you get some chunks here and there. Applied with a brush, it's just awful unless you have a VERY light hand. Use one of those duo-fiber brushes to pick up only a tiny amount (and none of the chunks), and dust your face lightly. If I do that, I get a very nice, poreless finish. When applying with the puff, a light hand is also necessary, otherwise you end up with a white cast.

The price on this powder is great. The packaging is the worst I've ever seen for such a product. The holes are too big and too much comes out. If it goes in your bag, be careful before opening it cause it will fly all over the place. Not a great powder for on-the-go. I'm going to keep trying with the duo-fiber brush and see if I can get my moneys worth from this. I will not repurchase it, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this item because of the great reviews on this site - huge mistake. I know it's only a few dollars but damn. Not even worth that. Firstly, the powder is inconsistent and not all finely milled. There were some large pieces of powder that my brush just could not pick up. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is terrible and very messy. I put this on and it left a very noticeable white cast over my entire face and even seemed to suck up some of the coverage of my very high coverage foundation (Urban Decay's All Nighter) to the point where I could see the redness in my cheeks poking through. I also tried baking my under eye with this product and it actually caused some sensitivity and discomfort to my under eye area. Overall, I know we try to save money where we can with makeup and find good drug store dupes but I'm gonna stick with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. I actually apologized to my skin after using this.

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks

on 12/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

this product works great and does the job u expect it to do. it feels so nice on your face . I love it. I love how affordable it is. I use it to bake under my eyes. great product!!

This is the worst loose powder I have ever used. I decided to try it for "baking" as I've heard many good reviews... and BECER AGAIN!!! First off it looks like baking soda, it leaves a horrible white cast on your face, and it basically sucks up all of the foundation/concealer so the coverage is gone. I'll stick to my cover girl loose powder... this one is SHIT

Very good traslucent powder for the price. It makes your skin very silky.

on 11/27/2016 11:03:00 PM

So, this powder is very mattifying. So mattifying, that it made the fine expression lines on my forehead look like deep, canyon wrinkles. So mattifying that it made my barely-there BB cream look flakey and cakey around my mouth. It seriously aged me 15 years with the lightest dusting to my t-zone and under-eye area. And it also was oddly whitening on me too.

If you are super oily you might like this. If you have normal to oily skin or drier, it will suck the hydration from your soul.

on 11/27/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I discovered ELF not long ago I Kmart and this powder was so cheap so I thought I would give it a go! I was sceptical but I actually really like it! I have dry skin and this powder doesn't dry out my foundation and doesn't change the colour of my foundation either (a few 'translucent' powders have been known to do this to me). If I put a lot of foundation on, I find it does sink into my smile lines but aside from that it's pretty much perfect!