Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.7

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This stuff works! I've started to get menopausal outbreaks on my chin and tried this after reading reviews online. Wow! This really does clear blemishes overnight. It can dry the skin out so im careful to apply only to areas the need it.

on 12/24/2016 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good product but not a miracle worker. I think it's a good option if you don't have access to acne prescriptions. The thing that about this product for me is that it's kind of a gamble of whether it's going to work or not as on some pimples it does but sometimes it's useless. If you want to try this but don't want to shell out the money then I suggest the Mario Badescu drying lotion as I didn't think the difference between these two warrants the $20 more for the eradikate.

on 9/29/2016 12:24:00 AM

I'd say this is a 3 stars. It comes in a little glass bottle with clear and pink liquid. It states on the directions not to shake the ingredients. I dot this onto my pimples before going to bed and it helps in speeding up healing time. Smells like alcohol to me but is bearable.

Mario Badescu also has their version of this pink/white liquid in a bottle but I haven't tried it.

Definitely worth a try if you have some trouble spot zits.

on 9/28/2015 6:54:00 PM

Initially I thought this was working but I was very wrong. Everytime I put it on I would wake up with even more acne and redness. It was almost like a bad rash. I think the alcohol must have irritated my sensitive skin.

on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product helps bring down the inflammation of cystic acne and huge zit outbreaks overnight. It will shorten the life span and reduce the pimple size, but it won't make it disappear overnight (there probably isn't any product that could actually do this anyway). So it's effective and does the best medication could do for pimples.

This product contains mostly isopropyl alcohol liquid in it and then sulfur sediment at the bottom of the bottle. To use this, you will need to dip your q-tip all the way to the bottom to pick up the sediment. Since this product contain alcohol, it evaporates pretty quickly. Make sure every time you open the bottle to use the product, close the lid right away afterwards. The alcohol will still evaporate much sooner than you finishing all the product from the bottom. To prolong/make the most of the product, buy some isopropyl alcohol from your local drugstore/pharmacy and add it to the bottle. Doing this will allow the product to last a very long time for you which will make the price more worth it.

The product is pretty pricey for what looks to be a small bottle. However the bottle lasts for a very long time, especially if you add the isopropyl after it is mostly evaporated. Overall, would recommend!

on 10/29/2014 8:11:00 PM

I've been struggling with acne for years and years and I have tried soooooo many face washes, spot treatments, and even prescription acne treatments. I heard about this product and thought I would give it a try, so I splurged and spent the $32 at Sephora. I found that this worked okay, but not as good as it should considering the price. For me, it works better on "new" pimples/spots, but it does not work on reoccurring spots (pimples that have come back). So it's an okay product, but not great. Personally, I found that the worst part of it is that it makes your skin fairly dry, because it's a peeling type of treatment so it just peels off your face. I put it on before I go to bed and then wash off what is left on my face in the morning and it makes my skin kind of flaky and dry. I hate to say that I would not purchase this again and was not very impressed.

on 10/11/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yay Kate!!! Not a miracle worker but so far my HG product for painful cystic acne - it definitely shortens the lifespan of those suckers. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time and hey, if it works...have repurchased twice and almost on my 3rd bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, and camphor solution is a great addition to any skin care arsenal when a stubborn pimple arises despite your best efforts in preventative skin care. If you've got a nasty zit that you can't get rid of, this concoction is great for reducing the severity of the breakout. I wouldn't say to expect miracles, like how some people claim it makes their pimples go away overnight, but it definitely can help reduce the size, swelling, and duration of the acne spot. Simply use a cotton swab to apply to the affect spots and leave on for as long as possible or overnight. Don't be too eager and apply this more than once a day – you'll just end up drying out your skin which could potentially increase irritation and make the breakout worse.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredient: Sulfur 10%; Inactive Ingredients:Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

NOTE: You'll want to take extra care if you're going to apply this solution anywhere near or above your eye area as this product will dry into a crust and flake off. I once treated a spot in between my eyes and the product flaked off and got into one of my eyes, causing it to burn. It took a lot of effort to wash out – I could see a small crust of pink literally stuck to my eyeball. This is why, if I am applying this product anywhere near my eyes, I will make sure I leave it on for a while and then wash it off instead of going to sleep or laying down, so I have less of a chance of the product flaking into my eyes. Please be careful!

TIP: I noticed that in my bottle of Eradikate, the clear liquid/solution of water and alcohol that floats about the pink substance evaporated completely after a few months. I didn't want the product to eventually dry out completely, so I poured in witch hazel, which is also pretty effective on its own for combatting acne. I noticed this combinations is even more effective on stubborn breakouts. If your bottle is drying out and you want to salvage it, try this!

on 9/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews, I was super excited to try this product. I never felt like it did much to my acne. Compared to what other people say, nothing really changed overnight. I would put it on my big angry pimples and hope for a miracle when I woke up and nothing... I have used almost the whole bottle. I will admit I have not used it consistently the whole time. I tend to go through a few week period when I am good about putting it on my face every day but this is not a long term maintenance product so I don't see why that should make such a difference. I was always very careful about using fresh qtips. But despite my lack of success, I am still thinking about giving this another try .

on 8/13/2013 8:49:00 PM

While it's not a miracle product by any means, this does help me deal with any big, under the skin breakouts I may get. I apply some EradiKate with a Q-Tip onto and slightly around the targeted zit before bed, and by the time I wake up it has significantly gone down. For fresh/big/really deep breakouts, it may take more than one night for it to dry out and start healing, but considering that those types of zits usually stuck around for weeks on me - that's a big improvement!

My skin has always reacted favorably to sulfur on acne, though. Make sure you spot test first, as this could be too drying or irritating for some skin types. The camphor in the formula is problematic, so I wouldn't use this too frequently or you'll probably make things worse as it's really drying.

As an aside, if you get big, swollen mosquito bites like I do - use this product on them! The calamine and sulfur aspect help with the itch considerably, and I've noticed that when I apply this the bites don't stay itchy and inflamed as long as they would otherwise.

So while I don't have to use this product every day, it's earned it's spot as an emergency fix - for big breakouts or bug bites - in my medicine cabinet.

Only reason a lippie is off is because hoo, that smell. It is PERSISTENT! Took me three washings to get the sulfur smell off of my pillow. If you're sensitive to smell when you're trying to sleep, this could probably keep you awake =/

Edit: I've reduced the rating and changed my repurchase to no, as I've found much more success with Etude House's version. The EH version is light-years more affordable (even importing it, it's like $14 compared to Kate's $20+) and doesn't include camphor, which was my main complaint about Eradi-Kate as it can be really drying if you use it regularly. Etude's also is just plain more effective for me, whether it's the absence of the irritating/drying camphor or the addition of hinoki extract, I don't know, either way it's hard for me to endorse Eradi-Kate as much when there exists such a better, more effective, more affordable option.

Popular Face Skincare Products