Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Years ago I used Mario Badescu’s Acne Drying Lotion, and this is the exact same thing, though since it’s sold through Sephora, it’s easier for me to get than trying to find another retailer that sells Mario Badescu (I know I could go straight through MB’s website, but I prefer to use retailers that sell more than one brand). The concept is the same: don’t shake the bottle, dip a Q-tip through the top alcohol layer and into the pink layer, dab the pink stuff on zits, let dry, go to bed, wake up to smaller or gone zits. I liked MB’s version and thought it worked well, but I wasn’t so desperate for it that I’ve been buying it for the past few years. Overall I like Kate Somerville’s is decent. I had a bright zit near the tip of my nose and this spot treatment did nothing, didn’t even stay in place overnight. By morning there was no trace of the stuff. But for a growing zit on my chin (the kind where you can feel a tender spot days before you can see it), it completely killed that in two nights of treatment. I’m on the fence if I’ll buy this again. I might relent and find a retailer for MB first, since it costs less than Kate Somerville and is the exact same product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Yes, Amazing. I'm prone to breakouts on my chin and hate waiting days for them to go away. This stuff gets rid of my outbreaks overnight. A must have for acne prone skin. Works better than any of my acne cream prescriptions.

on 3/14/2017 12:53:00 PM

One I keep coming back to. Treats blemishes overnight. Even nasty ones are significantly improved. Agree the smell sucks but I can handle it due to the results.

on 12/24/2016 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good product but not a miracle worker. I think it's a good option if you don't have access to acne prescriptions. The thing that about this product for me is that it's kind of a gamble of whether it's going to work or not as on some pimples it does but sometimes it's useless. If you want to try this but don't want to shell out the money then I suggest the Mario Badescu drying lotion as I didn't think the difference between these two warrants the $20 more for the eradikate.

on 4/12/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is a little messy and has a pretty terrible smell, but man does it mean business. A dab on breakout overnight, and if it isn't gone by morning (it frequently is) it's down in size and redness so that it can easily be covered with makeup. The only bummer is that this is a spot treatment, not something for the whole face. Wish I could use this as a preventative, not just a treatment!

Prescriptions are expensive, so for the past years I've opted for over-the-counter products. Typical products like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid usually never helped my acne and finally I found something that actually helped!!! It's literally only been one night and my acne has decreased DRASTICALLY. I'll keep using it and update, but I really hope this product is the one.

on 10/30/2016 11:15:00 PM

Ugh I've put off writing this review for a long time. This product does a great job treating breakouts, even those frustrating deep cysts that form on my chin. However, the smell is an absolute nightmare! I can barely sleep when using it because my nose things I'm resting my head on a pillow stuffed with rotten eggs. I know other users don't mind this smell, but I'm always overly sensitive when it comes to smells, so take my opinion with a grain of salt ;) I would use eradicate more frequently if the smell weren't so bothersome. One method I use to cope with this has been to cover the spot where I apply the Eradikate with a small band-aid. This minimizes the smell and doesn't result in me having to wash the comforter and blankets off my bed each time I use this medication. Despite, the drawbacks, I am currently on my second bottle. It is good to have on hand for those pimples that will not go away with benzoyl peroxide or salycilic acid. If there were another product that could be used to neutralize the sulfuric odor after applying Eradikate solution, this would be 5 stars.

on 9/29/2016 12:24:00 AM

I'd say this is a 3 stars. It comes in a little glass bottle with clear and pink liquid. It states on the directions not to shake the ingredients. I dot this onto my pimples before going to bed and it helps in speeding up healing time. Smells like alcohol to me but is bearable.

Mario Badescu also has their version of this pink/white liquid in a bottle but I haven't tried it.

Definitely worth a try if you have some trouble spot zits.

on 3/28/2016 4:22:00 PM

I wanted to try something different for my cystic acne spots and the reviews sounded either really good or nothing special. I wanted to try it anyway since I haven't had much luck with other spot treatments, and it sadly did not do much for me along with the numerous I've tried. I had a fresh spot appear one morning along with one coming to the surface so I decided to try it. Instead of going to sleep with it like what other people do I decided to try it during my day at home for 8 hours. I'm glad I did because it dried powdery and would have rubbed all over my pillow. The spot treatment just dried out the skin and the pain and redness were still there. But what bothered me the most is the scent. Out of the vial and onto the face was fine. It was sort of medicinal/minty which was tolerable. When it was drying I did not think much of it, I could smell some of the sulfur but still tolerable. But when came time to wipe it off, the smell of the sulfur was so strong for me that I found myself sick to my stomach until it went away after a few days. Plus, the scent transfers to other things such as your hands and pillow. So beware purchasing if you have a sensitive nose!

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

Popular Face Skincare Products