Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 3/28/2016 4:22:00 PM

I wanted to try something different for my cystic acne spots and the reviews sounded either really good or nothing special. I wanted to try it anyway since I haven't had much luck with other spot treatments, and it sadly did not do much for me along with the numerous I've tried. I had a fresh spot appear one morning along with one coming to the surface so I decided to try it. Instead of going to sleep with it like what other people do I decided to try it during my day at home for 8 hours. I'm glad I did because it dried powdery and would have rubbed all over my pillow. The spot treatment just dried out the skin and the pain and redness were still there. But what bothered me the most is the scent. Out of the vial and onto the face was fine. It was sort of medicinal/minty which was tolerable. When it was drying I did not think much of it, I could smell some of the sulfur but still tolerable. But when came time to wipe it off, the smell of the sulfur was so strong for me that I found myself sick to my stomach until it went away after a few days. Plus, the scent transfers to other things such as your hands and pillow. So beware purchasing if you have a sensitive nose!

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

To Read all 82 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Worth every single penny. Completely removes the blemish, or drastically reduces it by the next morning. Purchase immediately!

This product does not work miracles, and it isn't without its problems, however it is still the best spot treatment I have tried (including prescription only products prescribed to me by dermatologists). The most important thing to me is that it reduces breakouts WITHOUT stinging/burning like crazy and drying the hell out of all the surrounding skin on my face...seriously, I think the majority of spot treatments do more damage to your skin than the actual pimple you're trying to destroy. Unlike other spot treatments that are aggravating and often painful, this stuff is soothing and seems to bring the inflammation right down. It works well on superficial acne, and if I catch them early, it's also great for nipping cystic-like pimples in the bud. As others have mentioned, it's expensive and the small bottle will often dry out before I've used it all, so you don't get that much bang for your buck. The biggest negative for me though is not really being able to travel with it (due to the nature of the product, it cannot be shaken/turned on its side or upside down at all). I travel a lot for work, and it always seems to be during these trips that I break out, so this is really frustrating for me! All that being said, this is the still the most effective acne spot treatment I have tried that is actually kind to my skin, so I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/12/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this, but this was a miss for me.

I was having those "monthly pms breakouts", and decided to try this. Really didn't help them, just made them super red and dry and swollen! Didn't help with reducing redness at all, and seems to break me out even more. Regret purchasing this, i don't think sulfur agrees with my skin.

Much prefer spot treating with BP, way more effective and less messy!

on 10/3/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a 2 because it did stop my painful bumps from hurting, even though it didn't get rid of them. I'm 24, with combo acne prone skin.

You can only wear at night - it's not to be worn around company. Once all the liquid dries up its difficult to use. Plus, it's expensive and I don't like the packaging. It didn't work on my hormonal cystic acne or random bumps that popped up during the week. Hopefully it works for you!

on 9/28/2015 6:54:00 PM

Initially I thought this was working but I was very wrong. Everytime I put it on I would wake up with even more acne and redness. It was almost like a bad rash. I think the alcohol must have irritated my sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This helps dry my pimples fast and can prevent cystic pimples from growing if you catch it at an early stage. Too bad it can only be used if you are staying home. Unless you don't mind going out with pinkish white spots on your skin. I suggest that you sleep on white pillowcase because it bleached my coloured pillowcases. I leave the product on all night for effectivity. It is pricy. I've tried Bye Bye Blemish and Mario Badescu spot treatments like the Eradikate and the Eradikate is the best in staying on your face and eliminating pimples.

on 4/8/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this didn't do much of anything. my pimples dry up on their own in the same amount of time as they did using this product. i don't understand the positive reviews, honestly. this just didn't seem to do anything for me?

I recently started breaking out horribly, due to hormones and a foundation that hated my skin. I purchased this in Kate's kit to banish blemishes and acne. I love it! I dab this on with a q-tip and let it sit. I'll even reapply after a few hours. It sucks the life out of my horrible cystic acne and it is gone within a day or two. My husband also loved it. Sulfur is great for drying out cystic acne. At $25, it seems expensive, but it lasts a LONG time. I will repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products