Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Filtered by age: 19-24
Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

3.9

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

on 12/24/2016 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good product but not a miracle worker. I think it's a good option if you don't have access to acne prescriptions. The thing that about this product for me is that it's kind of a gamble of whether it's going to work or not as on some pimples it does but sometimes it's useless. If you want to try this but don't want to shell out the money then I suggest the Mario Badescu drying lotion as I didn't think the difference between these two warrants the $20 more for the eradikate.

on 3/28/2016 4:22:00 PM

I wanted to try something different for my cystic acne spots and the reviews sounded either really good or nothing special. I wanted to try it anyway since I haven't had much luck with other spot treatments, and it sadly did not do much for me along with the numerous I've tried. I had a fresh spot appear one morning along with one coming to the surface so I decided to try it. Instead of going to sleep with it like what other people do I decided to try it during my day at home for 8 hours. I'm glad I did because it dried powdery and would have rubbed all over my pillow. The spot treatment just dried out the skin and the pain and redness were still there. But what bothered me the most is the scent. Out of the vial and onto the face was fine. It was sort of medicinal/minty which was tolerable. When it was drying I did not think much of it, I could smell some of the sulfur but still tolerable. But when came time to wipe it off, the smell of the sulfur was so strong for me that I found myself sick to my stomach until it went away after a few days. Plus, the scent transfers to other things such as your hands and pillow. So beware purchasing if you have a sensitive nose!

on 3/23/2016 11:48:00 AM

Did not work for me. The smell is strong but tolerable, it sting a little but nothing extreme. I followed directions, did not mix of shake the bottle before using but I did not see a change. Didn't finish the product and will not be purchasing again.

on 10/12/2015 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this, but this was a miss for me.

I was having those "monthly pms breakouts", and decided to try this. Really didn't help them, just made them super red and dry and swollen! Didn't help with reducing redness at all, and seems to break me out even more. Regret purchasing this, i don't think sulfur agrees with my skin.

Much prefer spot treating with BP, way more effective and less messy!

on 10/3/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a 2 because it did stop my painful bumps from hurting, even though it didn't get rid of them. I'm 24, with combo acne prone skin.

You can only wear at night - it's not to be worn around company. Once all the liquid dries up its difficult to use. Plus, it's expensive and I don't like the packaging. It didn't work on my hormonal cystic acne or random bumps that popped up during the week. Hopefully it works for you!

on 2/8/2015 9:44:00 PM

Definitely a holy grail spot treatment. Dip a qtip into the product, put a light layer over my problems areas, sleep with it on and my spots look significantly better in the morning. Draws out the swelling of pimples, redness and sensitivity. Most of my problems areas only need a treatment or two of this stuff and they're gone. Love it, will absolutely repurchase when I run out of it.

on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product helps bring down the inflammation of cystic acne and huge zit outbreaks overnight. It will shorten the life span and reduce the pimple size, but it won't make it disappear overnight (there probably isn't any product that could actually do this anyway). So it's effective and does the best medication could do for pimples.

This product contains mostly isopropyl alcohol liquid in it and then sulfur sediment at the bottom of the bottle. To use this, you will need to dip your q-tip all the way to the bottom to pick up the sediment. Since this product contain alcohol, it evaporates pretty quickly. Make sure every time you open the bottle to use the product, close the lid right away afterwards. The alcohol will still evaporate much sooner than you finishing all the product from the bottom. To prolong/make the most of the product, buy some isopropyl alcohol from your local drugstore/pharmacy and add it to the bottle. Doing this will allow the product to last a very long time for you which will make the price more worth it.

The product is pretty pricey for what looks to be a small bottle. However the bottle lasts for a very long time, especially if you add the isopropyl after it is mostly evaporated. Overall, would recommend!

on 12/31/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice spot treatment. Overall, it's not a miracle worker, but I've yet to find a skin care product that is. I don't have horrible acne anymore, but I do still occasionally get spots or a big cystic thing on my face. The one thing I don't particularly like about this product is how much it flakes off after I apply it. Maybe I'm applying too thick a coat, but it seems like it just flakes off as soon as it dries. Very strong alcohol/sulfur combo smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Overall, a decent spot treatment that does what it says.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, and camphor solution is a great addition to any skin care arsenal when a stubborn pimple arises despite your best efforts in preventative skin care. If you've got a nasty zit that you can't get rid of, this concoction is great for reducing the severity of the breakout. I wouldn't say to expect miracles, like how some people claim it makes their pimples go away overnight, but it definitely can help reduce the size, swelling, and duration of the acne spot. Simply use a cotton swab to apply to the affect spots and leave on for as long as possible or overnight. Don't be too eager and apply this more than once a day you'll just end up drying out your skin which could potentially increase irritation and make the breakout worse.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredient: Sulfur 10%; Inactive Ingredients:Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

NOTE: You'll want to take extra care if you're going to apply this solution anywhere near or above your eye area as this product will dry into a crust and flake off. I once treated a spot in between my eyes and the product flaked off and got into one of my eyes, causing it to burn. It took a lot of effort to wash out I could see a small crust of pink literally stuck to my eyeball. This is why, if I am applying this product anywhere near my eyes, I will make sure I leave it on for a while and then wash it off instead of going to sleep or laying down, so I have less of a chance of the product flaking into my eyes. Please be careful!

TIP: I noticed that in my bottle of Eradikate, the clear liquid/solution of water and alcohol that floats about the pink substance evaporated completely after a few months. I didn't want the product to eventually dry out completely, so I poured in witch hazel, which is also pretty effective on its own for combatting acne. I noticed this combinations is even more effective on stubborn breakouts. If your bottle is drying out and you want to salvage it, try this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this treatment has been the only way I've shortened the life span of my breakouts. If I feel a cystic acne bump forming on my chin I put this on and it actually stops it from emerging. I have suffered with acne for quite some time and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil spot treatments but none are as effective for me as this sulfur product. Will buy this over and over.

Popular Face Skincare Products