Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/19/2014 10:18:00 PM

Just adding yet another positive review for this little gem of a polish! You can't go wrong with the price either, I got this for about $2 at Target. You get great coverage in just one coat and the color is so opaque that it's a dream to use for nail art as well as other fun nail looks. Right now I'm wearing this color on the tips of my nails (like a silvery French Tip Mani!) over a clear basecoat and China Glaze Techno on top of the tips to add a bit of a holographic gradient glitter look. I can definitely see myself purchasing this again when I run out, great price, great coverage, great wear and application is a dream. LOVE!

Stunningly gorgeous silver chrome shade with very fine microglitter/shimmer. Super impressed with the opacity and length of wear. With two coats and a top coat I can wear this up to a week without chipping. Looks awesome on its own, or paired with a chunky glitter top coat, and I've even used it as a french manicure tip colour paired with black polish. For $1.99 this is a steal of deal for a high quality polish.

on 8/11/2011 11:26:00 PM

Although the color was exactly how it was advertised on the outside of the bottle, I found that the consistency was very cakey and thick, I'm not sure if the brush had anything to do with it but it was difficult to get it to how I want it. I might use this for detailing in the future, overall I would give it a 4/5.

This is a very lovely polish! It only takes two quick coats for really vivid sparkle, but it's also great as a single coat over another opaque colour. My only issue is that it does tend to chip after a few days, but this is usually remedied with a good top coat. Will repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this really cheap ($1.50) during Bogo at WalGreens.... thought it would be cute on my toes for summer. It is definitely gunmetal silver... very very metallic-y.

Just not for me, but nothing wrong with the polish in general - gave it a 3.

*EDIT* Ok, after 3 weeks, this polish has faded into a cooler, muted silver that is very pretty. Still not that chipped! impressive, even for a glitter polish. Might be a nice fall back for the summer.

on 4/8/2011 5:36:00 AM

So pleasently surprised by this! I usually don't like silvers because I dont like duochormes (I know I might be the only one lol) but this isn't a duochrome. It is like a foil! and it's opaque in 1COAT! staying power is alright, nothing special..

This one is def. in my top 5 favorite polishes of all time - it's that good! It's the perfect shimmery silver, it's CHEAP, the brush is good, and the formula is fantastic. What more could you want?! This is a one coat wonder if you do a somewhat thick layer, but 2 thin coats is better. Try this under neons too instead of white! I've already bought a back up, so it goes without saying that I would repurchase. I love the Sally Hansen X-treme wear line, and I especially love this little nail polish :)

on 9/22/2010 6:23:00 PM

$2.99 at Riteaid, but buy 1 get 1 free.
2 coats.
A hilarious foil / robot silver. I may not get too much use out of it but it's really fun!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It's pure silver sparkle like others have said.. It can be a bit overwhelming, but I really like it! It didn't chip or fade for 2-3 days on me without a topcoat. I think that's pretty great because everything chips or fades on me within 1-2 days. It looks much shinier when you first apply it and it wears down without a topcoat.

It's a really unique color and I bought it for only $3.

I adore this color! My mom came over the other day and was going through my stash of np and also fell in love w/this color! :) She wants to wear it in Vegas this July! :) Silver sparkle delight would be the way I would describe this color...

Popular Polishes