Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Aloe barbadensis leaf gel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

on 5/5/2018 12:01:00 AM

I tried this when my skin hated/would break out in response to EVERY moisturizer (I finally figured out that (I think) I have Malassezia Folliculitis). So, by far to its credit, this definitely didn't make my skin worse, and therefore gets 5 stars. However, I didn't feel like it helped very much either--it doesn't actually seem to be very moisturizing.

BUT, I wholeheartedly recommend Sebamed's "Extreme Dry Skin Relief Face Cream 5% Urea" moisturizer. I tried that after the clear face gel and it is AWESOME! Doesn't seem to aggravate my skin and usually my face actually looks "glowy" when I wake up (I'm assuming from the urea). I'm writing this review now because I ran out and am currently deeply regretting not having reordered in a timely manner. :/

on 3/10/2018 11:14:00 PM

It’s odd to me that this is marketed for breakout prone skin because it made me breakout like crazy.
My skin is sensitive, dry, and acne-prone in the chin area. This moisturizer was recommended to me and amazingly has zero red flags for its ingredients on COSdna.
Yet, I used it for about two weeks and developed quite a few whiteheads and blemishes (more than 10).
It is also not a very effective moisturizer. I still had dry patches, even moments after application.
It’s a light, fragrance-free, colorless moisturizer at a reasonable price that may be great for some but for me it was not a winner.

on 2/7/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Because I’m a teenager I’m prone to spots and I really struggle to find something that works for me. This product does the job, didn’t think it was working at first but I was patient with it and now my skin is the most clear it’s been in ages.

on 1/5/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I always had dry and slightly sensitive skin but barely any breakouts while I lived in Australia. Now that I have moved to Singapore, my face has become oily with dry patches, sensitive and acne prone. Many products now give me pimples that I never had even as a teenager.

Sebamed Clear Face gel has been a godsend. It moisturises lightly but does not make my skin inflamed or break out. It also does not clog my pores.

Recently I have been trying to find a moisturiser or lotion that is cheaper and more moisturising than this gel. I tried Simple Light Hydrating lotion and Cerave moisturising cream. I really hoped they will work but they clogged my pores and Cerave gave me 2 pimples on my nose. I also tried Clean & Clear Essentials lotion but my skin look inflamed and unhappy (probably not liking the salicylic acid) So I went back to using the Sebamed Gel and I noticed how it calmed my skin down overnight and no more clogged pores. Even the pimples on my nose seem to be healing faster.

So even if I find another more hydrating moisturiser ( i need more hydration for aging needs but cant really use anti-aging products due to my sensitive skin), this will always be my go to moisturiser. Almost HG! 😄

on 7/10/2017 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This gel moisturizer provides light hydration and it's not enough for me; however, it's one of the only moisturizers I've tried that won't break me out (and that's huge for me). I've experienced slight stickiness with this product, but it all depends on how much I am applying. Since this isn't breaking me out, I use it as a light moisturizer at night or when I'm not applying foundation. If you're acne prone and can't find a moisturizer, I would give product this a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was quite disappointed with this product on my dehydrated skin. It feels comparable to aloe vera gel, but unlike plain aloe it balled up under makeup, caused little pimples around my mouth and is more expensive. For the slight amount of moisture it provided it simply isn't worth those side effects. Edit: It also makes my eczema flare up terribly, it seems so simple but there's clearly something in it my skin doesn't like. I prefer Reviva or Skinceuticals serums.

on 11/28/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Kind of expensive, but it is one of the only moisturizers that I can use with my irritated, acne prone skin without worrying about it causing acne or drying it out. Currently am on tretinoin, so I have very irritated and dehydrated skin. This put moisture back into my skin and is allowing it to heal slowly.

The texture is a light gel that for me is very hydrating on its own (draws moisture into the skin), but it does not have any occlusives (prevents the water from evaporating). You don't need a lot to cover the face, so in the daytime I wear a thin layer and put a sunscreen on top of it, which has enough occlusive properties to prevent my skin from drying out. If you don't use a lot of it, it doesnt feel like a thick layer on the skin. At night I put a thicker layer on and my skin always feels nice and calm the next day.

Whenever I switch to other moisturizers, my skin condition always slowly starts to get worse, so this is my go-to moisturizer if I want a no-frills, calming, gentle moisturizer that wont break me out and is hydrating. Will keep repurchasing :)

on 11/8/2016 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Why can't I find decent products like this in my province? I am forced to order it online for twice what it's retailed in stores. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I really like this gel moisturizer. It is free of oils, fatty alcohols, and emulsifiers. The ingredient list is really simple and it actually moisturizes my skin. I can't use anything much heavier, maybe a little Impruv cream mixed with a dab of this or niacinamide gel.
These last three months I have managed to get control of my skin and it rarely reacts *touch wood* the way it used to. I have spent a lot of money to get to this point: calm, clear skin. It will never be perfect, I have facial scars and so on but because of these flaws it's important to me that my skin is as clear and healthy as possible.
I recommend this moisturizing gel for acne-prone skin, combo skin or congested skin. It's very basic, so don't expect it to do more than form a film over your skin and protect it.
That is in fact, the nature and function of moisturizers. The hard part is finding a film forming ingredient that doesn't irritate your skin.
UPDATE~Still liking this gel a year later. I just wish I didn't have to order it online.

I really really want to love this moisturiser. I love the consistency. The packaging and infos looks promising. Even many dermatologists talked about it. BUT, it doesnt really absorb into skin and causes break out on me. My friends noticed that my face become really red and bumpy. Its not enough for dry winter and become sticky and produces film during hot and humid weather.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was recommended by my derma and so far the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out or irritates my face (I have super sensitive skin). I use this in conjunction with the Sebamed Clear Face Tone. Im currently on my 2nd bottle and will keep on repurchasing until I find a better one because it's really expensive in my country :(