Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Aloe barbadensis leaf gel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

on 8/9/2018 6:30:00 AM

After years of struggling with breakouts on my cheeks I've finally decided to minimize the ingredients in my skincare products. This face gel doesn't include a high number of ingredients that could potentially irritate my skin and offers just enough hydration for my skin. No new breakouts and my face is finally starting to clear up. Love this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like Sebamed care gel because it doesn't have fatty alcohols and moisturizes pretty well. I'm using this gel as my morning moisturizer most days in the summer because of the humidity.

on 6/22/2018 1:55:00 AM

This does not sting like dr lin gel. I prefer this. Although not moisturizing for medicated(drying, flaky) skin, it sinks in pretty quick but stays a bit tacky. It does not go well under makeup. But aslong as it doesnt give me acne i will continue to use this.

Background of why i looked into this:
Pregnancy and post pregnancy break out was terrible. Started on progesterone only pills for breastfeeding needs and ruined my skin. I did not have one pimple before pregnancy or birth control. Came off the pill to go on yaz which is suppostly better for skin. One month later skin is still bad enough to make me cry. Tried benzoyl peroxide plus mandelic acid. Horrible exprience with purging and flaking/dryness. Now i am trying curology.
I use the sebamed gel after curology just as an extra moisturizing step. I havent flaked since stopping mandelic acid and bp so it goes on top of curology pretty well. Will update after 1 month

Edit. It stays sticky and too tacky for my liking. I cant stand it. I returned this. It also isnt moisturizing enough. Going to get eltamd pm. Im really liking eltamd clear spf46 so i am excited to try more from the brand.

on 5/5/2018 12:01:00 AM

I tried this when my skin hated/would break out in response to EVERY moisturizer (I finally figured out that (I think) I have Malassezia Folliculitis). So, by far to its credit, this definitely didn't make my skin worse, and therefore gets 5 stars. However, I didn't feel like it helped very much either--it doesn't actually seem to be very moisturizing.

BUT, I wholeheartedly recommend Sebamed's "Extreme Dry Skin Relief Face Cream 5% Urea" moisturizer. I tried that after the clear face gel and it is AWESOME! Doesn't seem to aggravate my skin and usually my face actually looks "glowy" when I wake up (I'm assuming from the urea). I'm writing this review now because I ran out and am currently deeply regretting not having reordered in a timely manner. :/

on 3/10/2018 11:14:00 PM

It’s odd to me that this is marketed for breakout prone skin because it made me breakout like crazy.
My skin is sensitive, dry, and acne-prone in the chin area. This moisturizer was recommended to me and amazingly has zero red flags for its ingredients on COSdna.
Yet, I used it for about two weeks and developed quite a few whiteheads and blemishes (more than 10).
It is also not a very effective moisturizer. I still had dry patches, even moments after application.
It’s a light, fragrance-free, colorless moisturizer at a reasonable price that may be great for some but for me it was not a winner.

on 2/7/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Because I’m a teenager I’m prone to spots and I really struggle to find something that works for me. This product does the job, didn’t think it was working at first but I was patient with it and now my skin is the most clear it’s been in ages.

on 1/5/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I always had dry and slightly sensitive skin but barely any breakouts while I lived in Australia. Now that I have moved to Singapore, my face has become oily with dry patches, sensitive and acne prone. Many products now give me pimples that I never had even as a teenager.

Sebamed Clear Face gel has been a godsend. It moisturises lightly but does not make my skin inflamed or break out. It also does not clog my pores.

Recently I have been trying to find a moisturiser or lotion that is cheaper and more moisturising than this gel. I tried Simple Light Hydrating lotion and Cerave moisturising cream. I really hoped they will work but they clogged my pores and Cerave gave me 2 pimples on my nose. I also tried Clean & Clear Essentials lotion but my skin look inflamed and unhappy (probably not liking the salicylic acid) So I went back to using the Sebamed Gel and I noticed how it calmed my skin down overnight and no more clogged pores. Even the pimples on my nose seem to be healing faster.

So even if I find another more hydrating moisturiser ( i need more hydration for aging needs but cant really use anti-aging products due to my sensitive skin), this will always be my go to moisturiser. Almost HG! 😄

on 7/10/2017 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This gel moisturizer provides light hydration and it's not enough for me; however, it's one of the only moisturizers I've tried that won't break me out (and that's huge for me). I've experienced slight stickiness with this product, but it all depends on how much I am applying. Since this isn't breaking me out, I use it as a light moisturizer at night or when I'm not applying foundation. If you're acne prone and can't find a moisturizer, I would give product this a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was quite disappointed with this product on my dehydrated skin. It feels comparable to aloe vera gel, but unlike plain aloe it balled up under makeup, caused little pimples around my mouth and is more expensive. For the slight amount of moisture it provided it simply isn't worth those side effects. Edit: It also makes my eczema flare up terribly, it seems so simple but there's clearly something in it my skin doesn't like. I prefer Reviva or Skinceuticals serums.

on 11/28/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Kind of expensive, but it is one of the only moisturizers that I can use with my irritated, acne prone skin without worrying about it causing acne or drying it out. Currently am on tretinoin, so I have very irritated and dehydrated skin. This put moisture back into my skin and is allowing it to heal slowly.

The texture is a light gel that for me is very hydrating on its own (draws moisture into the skin), but it does not have any occlusives (prevents the water from evaporating). You don't need a lot to cover the face, so in the daytime I wear a thin layer and put a sunscreen on top of it, which has enough occlusive properties to prevent my skin from drying out. If you don't use a lot of it, it doesnt feel like a thick layer on the skin. At night I put a thicker layer on and my skin always feels nice and calm the next day.

Whenever I switch to other moisturizers, my skin condition always slowly starts to get worse, so this is my go-to moisturizer if I want a no-frills, calming, gentle moisturizer that wont break me out and is hydrating. Will keep repurchasing :)