Essie Angora Cardi

Essie Angora Cardi
ESSIE 700 Angora CardiAngora Cardi

on 4/23/2017 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this color. I do find I need 3 coats to get a solid even look on my nails but that seems to be the norm for all the Essie polishes I own. It is a great deep dusty rose color. I love it for fall and winter however I have no problem using it year round. I top all my polishes with seche vite and get a good 4 days or so of wear. If I was actually proactive and did things like wear gloves while cleaning and washing dishes I'm sure it would last longer.

on 3/30/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: Tried applying this color again 4/8/17 - it applies 10 x better on my nails with a different brush. I used a Wet n Wild Megalast polish brush from a similar pink shade and for me, the nicer brush made this color glide on my nails perfectly. I did one coat - no polish ran into my cuticles, no mistakes at all. A different brush made all the difference. I will probably do this with all my other Essie polishes now.

I do think I may have an old batch of this color or maybe the formula is different than other Essie colors; this shade is extremely thick and almost gooey - one coat came off so thick, there was no way I needed a second coat. Very strange. But it is a beautiful fall color. Wish it pulled more purple than brown. When i woke up the next day and saw my nails in the natural light (i painted them at night) I immediately took the color off. Even with good application, this color looks nothing like the purple mauve in photos. It pulls so red poop brown on mine that Im saving this only for fall. Ugh. Dissapointed. If the application wasnt so gooey, Id rethink buying Essie but - Waste of $9!

--—-----------------
Well, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I had been waiting for months to finally pull the trigger and purchase this beautiful color, after passing it in the drugstore and thinking to buy it, but putting it back on the shelf. I finally bought it yesterday- and was so excited to paint my nails today with it.

As for the color - that's the biggest let down. It pulls so purple-mauve in the bottle, but on my nails (even with one coat) it looks almost BROWN. I have tons of brown polishes - so this really upsets me. I love the dark color, but not the brown-ish undertones that it's giving off once on the nail. Pink and purple should be what's showing - not brown (like some others have mentioned).

SO BUMMED. For a $9 nail polish - what a rip off. Sorry, but Essie's formula sucks as well as their nail polish brush applicators. I think they are majorly overpriced. After using WnW Megalast nail polish with their amazing wide-one-swipe applicators - you realize how badly Essie's brushes SUCK as well as their formula.

This will probably be one of my last Essie polish purchases. I'd like to grab Clambake/Meet Me at Sunset and a great plum purple and be done. Too pricey for a basic polish. So many other cheaper great options out there.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A really nice darken pinkish mauve- like shade. It's really beautiful, only requires one coat to be fully covered. It does apply more thickly like an OPI NP than the typical runny Essie NP. I'm not sure if Essie has changed the formula but I like the old formula as I hate a thick NP that takes forever to dry. Get it and love it. Great color for Fall.

on 9/28/2016 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It chips almost immediately, I went ahead and polished them all over again last night and I am at work today with chipped nails. I like the color, but not worth it

on 11/29/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had such high hopes for Essie Angora Cardi but I was left feeling rather underwhelmed. The colour in the bottle looks pretty, a deep dusky rose colour, but on my nails it pulls a bit darker and turns into a somewhat basic maroon-mauve colour, in some lights looking quite brown. It applied easily, opaque in one coat (though you should always wear two for extra strength) and dried quickly. The formula was very easy to work with. However, this polish seemed to chip very easily, much more than all of my other Essie polishes have. This was annoying and disappointing. The chipping issue, and the way the colour pulled on me, are my reasons for the low score.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I cannot get enough of this one, and it is definitely in my top fives. It's bold, but muted in the most subtle of ways. It's versatile, classy, and very mature without being out of style. It looks excellent on pale hands and flatters both short and long nails.

As with most darker Essie polishes, the drying time is excellent. I would definitely recommend this one for anyone who likes browns, berries and muted off-reds.

on 5/25/2015 10:26:00 PM

I was expecting a mauve color but upon application I was surprised to see a dark purple color. The color is still nice but just not what I was looking for. Unfortunate because the color in the bottle really is pretty. It chipped pretty quickly by day 3 which was a bit of a disappointment but the formula actually seemed great. Not too clumpy nor too runny so I don't really know what happened. An okay polish but I would not repurchase.

on 12/28/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This color chips quickly on me. It only lasts one or two days. However, the color is still one of my go-to's because it works beautifully with a Soft Summer palette.

on 12/20/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a beautiful deep rose color that leans more dusty purple. It's darker on the nail than in the bottle, so be aware. This isn't a unique color by any means, but it's very classy.

Opaque in two coats and is very modern and grown up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was obsessed with this shade for a long time because it's just such a beautiful plum colour. I have the same problem with this as I have with Geranium, it chips after a few days of application. However, the application itself is really great with amazing coverage and it's not too clumpy or runny. It's a lovely deep colour that really works well with my skin tone and so I love it.

Popular Polishes