OPI Hot and Spicy

OPI Hot and Spicy

4.4

Gorgeous coral with a gel finish. My absolute HG OPI. Formula is perfection. No streaks in coat one. I'm on bottle 3 and have 4 backups. I'm olive skin toned. It does not look neon on me. On me, it's a bright splash of color. I'm complimented on it each time I wear it (which is from Febrauary - September). I get about 8 days with no chipping with a base coat and 2 coats of Color). This is on my finger nails. On my toe nails, I get a month or more. This color is gorgeous on both long and short nails. I would never plop nail art on top of this. It's perfection all alone. If I knew how to post a picture of my nails, I would! It's that pretty on me. If you are a pale skin tone, I don't think this would work for you. Think JLo skin tone - if you got this skin tone, consider this your new HG.

I love this colour. It is an obnoxiously bright coral colour, neon even. Looks great on my super pale person skin, which a lot of summer colours don't. Perfect for spring or summer or when you're dreaming of spring and summer in the fall and winter.

Creamy and a bit more runny than some OPI polishes.

Takes 3 coats to get a non-streaky application.

Lasts a lot longer than most polishes on me. (As do all OPI)

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/6/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely an HG polish for me. I would die without this and pictures on google don't do it justice; you gotta try it on yourself. I also refuse to call this orange - it's basically as orange as coral can get without being orange. It looks like a non-neon colors from the brazil collection. Can be worn any season, in my opinion. Looks good with and without a tan. Coral is a unique and refreshing color on women and the fact that this is very orange-leaning makes it so different! BUY THIS.

My HG colour, especially great for summer, a little streaky during application, but dries fast and is opaque after two to three coats. What really impresses me though is how well it wears without chipping! My OPIs and Essies usually only lasts two to three days on me. Hot and spicy looked good for ten days, and during that time I went swimming and hiking and didn't protect my nails at all.

on 4/14/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Ah yet another gem from opi's hong kong collection :) hot and spicy is a gorgeous orange creme! As others have said, it is a truly unique colour and hard to describe... I think it also depends on your skin colour how this colour will come out on you... But on me it is definitely more of an orange with coral and pink undertones... This would be a great colour to try out if you usually stick to "safer" pinks and corals but feel like trying something a bit different but are a little scared (if that made sense) it is bright but not neon bright... A perfect colour for summer :) application is perfect... Streak free, smooth and even... It does take about 3 coats for complete opacity but totally worth it abd it dries fast anyway :) it also wears extremely well! At least a week with top and base coat... All in all it's probably my favourite orange polish of all time... Give it a go! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had been looking for a coral/orange color for AGES, and when I found this little gem I was so excited! This color is just what I wanted and more!

Inside and under certain artificial lights this color looks like a pretty standard orange color, but in natural light it has the most wonderful orange/salmon tone that is wonderful and summery!

If you are looking for this kind of color stop by anywhere OPI is sold and check this one out!

on 6/19/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I just recently acquired this shade and it's like no other orange polish I own. Actually I wouldn't lump this in the orange category, at least not after comparing them to my other orange polishes. I would describe this as a bright, medium salmon color. It has just the right balance of peach, melon and pink. Awesome summer color that looks great against my tan and doesn't look a bit garish or bright. It adds just a pop of cheery color to my manicure and also pedicure. It looks stunning against contrasting wardrobe colors. Two coats is all I need to get even coverage and applied with a top coat, it lasted over a week with minor chipping on the edges which is typical on me. Of course, with OPI's wide and flat brush, application was easy. I didn't get it on sale but since the color is quite unique I felt it's money well spent.

on 6/19/2012 5:10:00 PM

This is one of the best polishes I own, in terms of both color and formula. Being a lover of all things coral, this is a great shrimpy orange coral cream. It's definitely bright, but not in your face.
This is also one of the longest wearing polishes I own. I have other OPI creams, but this one lasts well over a week with only the slightest bit of tip wear. I always end up taking this off before it even chips because the growth at the base of my nail is too long.
This color went on a little patchy looking in one coat, but it was totally even and opaque with two. I don't love OPI's Pro-Wide brush since I have small nail beds and I make more of a mess around my nails with this brush, but regardless, this is one shade I'll never be without! Great for fingers and toes in the summer!

I love this. I was afraid to get a color that was too orange, but this is gorgeous. It looks like melon in the bottle, but looks more salmon when you put it on. Also, I've had this on for 2 weeks and NO CHIPS! This is practically unheard of for me. I only used a clear coat over it, and it has stayed on beautifully. I've gotten several compliments, and I am absolutely loving this for spring and summer. It looks great on my toes too.

on 4/19/2012 10:33:00 PM

I adore this polish! The color is like nothing I have or can even find a dupe for. Its a cross between coral and orange and salmon. Its just so different and unique. Its gorgeous in the spring and summer. I always tell everyone to get this color! Application takes several coats but it isnt too streaky. After two coats it evens out. If you dont have this GO now and buy it!

Popular Polishes