Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation

Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation

4.2

Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tribehenin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Saccharomyces Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Magnesium Sulfate, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, (+/-) Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide

on 5/24/2017 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have 60 plus year old dry and sensitive skin. I'm a fan of more radiant and moisture providing foundations. I do usually have to powder my nose during the day as it tends to show shine fairly quickly if I don't. My coloring is NW15-20.

Some of my other favorite foundations are Estée Lauder ReNutriv cream in Ecru 1N2 and Giorgio Armani Crema Nuda in 02 For a great tinted moisturizer, I also like NARS in Finland.

I first purchased this Koh Gen Do foundation with the sample packs to get the best match. For me, it is 002. With all the reviews and the "moisture" in the label, I figured this would go on more wet or oily. I found it to be a more powdery type cream. It smoothes nicely with the finger tips and seems to dry down and set quickly. On my skin it leaves a semi-matte finish with no glow. It's not totally flat but pretty close. It does look like skin though and doesn't look dry like some foundations do. I find that I use my fingers for the best finish. A brush or sponge seems to take off the foundation, whereas my fingertips push it into my skin.

For me this foundation is long lasting through a full work day. What I really like is that my skin feels as moisturized at the end of the day as is does right after I put my foundation on. I find that the coverage is light and somewhat sheer.

The amount you get in the little tube makes this foundation pretty expensive but not more so than my other favorites ReNutriv or GA Crema Nuda. However, I do like the tube with no pump. It makes it easy to not waste and just get the small amount you need. A little bit is all I need.

This is a nice foundation but I still like my Estée Lauder ReNutriv cream foundation better. It has a more radiant finish and smooths over any pores and textured skin leaving them looking blurred. It also provides more of a medium finish that still looks natural.

My sister ordered me this foundation for my birthday, and I have long been wanting to try it out. I've been using it a few weeks now and I am in love. It provides sheer to medium buildable coverage and looks like lovely, glowing skin when I have it on. It wears really well and hasn't broken me out. When I want more coverage and a more matte finish, I layer this over the Tarte BB primer, this combo gives me perfect matte glowing skin with a natural finish. I only wish it were cheaper, as it is as of now HG material.

on 12/3/2016 1:44:00 PM

For the upcoming cold season, I'm looking for a foundation that is a bit moisturizing with a dewy finish. I was previously using GA's Luminous Silk (which I still love) but I find that it doesn't last very long and doesn't provide enough coverage for basic redness. I bought samples of this from their website - it's super cheap and allows you to try all shades before committing to such an expensive foundation. This foundation fulfills all my wishes for a winter foundation.

The shades are not, I repeat, they ARE NOT the same shades as its Aqua Foundation counterpart, so be attentive. I have tried Aqua and while it's lovely as a foundation, it tends to cater to skin tones NC25 or lighter, or NC35-40, nothing in between. I am an NC30 and shade 123 in Aqua is a shade too light (NC25), while 143 was a shade too dark (NC35-40).

Shade 123 in the Moisture Foundation is a *perfect* match for NC30 skin tones. For comparison, I wear GA Luminous Silk 5.75, UD Naked Skin 4.0, Loreal True Match Lumi W3, and Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo in Camel. My Sephora color IQ is 3y06 (or any 06 for that matter, since I'm neutral). Shade 123 in Moisture Foundation is 2y07 in coloriq, but trust me, it's a great match.

The consistency is a little thick, and while it's off-putting that a full tube is less than 1 oz for 60+ bucks, a little goes a very, very long way. I can't imagine using a sponge or even a brush for this foundation since it would be so wasteful. I just use my fingers and the consistency of the foundation is such that it blends really really well. It's basically a highly pigmented tinted moisturizer.

It lasts all day. Without even setting. To me, for a light-med coverage foundation, that's quite amazing.

I gave only two lippies for the packaging because it looks so cheap. There are drugstore foundations that look more expensive than this awful-looking tube. But it's the inside the counts, folks! Highly recommended if you have dry-ish skin. I'm not sure how well this will work in warmer months, but we will see, as I have purchased the full-size from my experience with the samples.

on 9/24/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite foundation.

After using it for about an month i can say now that this is a keeper.

For reference my skin is very sensitive dry reddish cheeks which is prone to clogged pores.
I was looking for something that is not too heavy for my skin so it can be used for everyday.
I moisturize my face before using thisfoundation. I def have to say if u are looking for something that covers blemishes and heavy acne or dark circles this one is not for you.
This works only for skin that need light coverage and dry sensitive skin. it gives you a healthy look, not matte but neither dewy, its just your skin but better. You can build it to a light medium coverage- but you will have to use a lot.
I agree with the girls here saying that after you remove the foundation your skin is still hydrated.
I dont break out from this which is fantastic.this foundation is in my opinion expensive and too hard to get.
I am an NC 23-25 and bought it in shade 113 which is a good match.
Ingredients wise this foundation is just nice.
I will def buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Helps moisturize, although I use another moisturizer underneath as well :) In love with the packaging. In my opinion, this is so much better than a pump!! If you are looking for maximal coverage, this product isn't your best bet. If you just need light coverage and to get some moisture in the skin, give this a go!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use koh gen do aqua fondation in 123 for my Nc 20-25 medium skintone and the color matches perfectly my skintone But then I bought the moisture manfashi in 123 thinking that the color would be the same as the Aqua foundation but the color was way too dark for me so I changed to 113 and it matches my skintone .
The coverage is medium and it kinda looks like a tinted moisturizer but it Stays all day without being cakey in the end of the day . It Has more coverage than the Aqua foundation and has a semi-matte finish .
I personally prefer the aqua foundation but both delivers a really natural finish and makes your skin fresh and flawless !
I highly recommend this foundation for people who wants to have a natural look and wants to feel like they have nothing on their face .

I first bought the samples of this and the Aqua foundation from the website. I liked both but the Aqua foundation is more sheer and I wanted a bit heavier coverage . I have pretty good skin except for the occasional breakout or clogged pore, so I don't need a ton of coverage - just enough to refine my pores, even skin tone, and brighten me up. I wound up buying the full sized version of the Moisture foundation and so far I am loving it. I use about a pea-sized amount for my entire face after moisturizing and covering any problem areas with IT Cosmetics concealer. It spreads smoothly and at first I didn't think the coverage was good enough, but about 15 minutes later I checked my face in the mirror and it looked flawless and just...glowing. I am NC15-20 in MAC and the shade 002 matches my skin more perfectly than any other foundation I've ever had. My problem is usually that shades oxidize and turn orangey on me, but not this one. It blends in seamlessly and matches my skin tone so well. It truly doesn't look like I'm wearing anything, just like I have great, even, glowing skin.

My only issue with this foundation is that I can wind up looking greasy in my T-Zone by the middle/end of the day. I set it with powder in the morning but even so it's such a moisturizing formula that it has a tendency to get more of a sheen to it than I like. It also isn't very long-wearing due to the light texture. I put it on at 8 AM and when I get home from work around 5:30-6 PM it has worn off quite a bit. Setting with powder does help that but I might try a setting spray for maximum staying power.

Overall if you're thinking about trying this expensive foundation I'd suggest getting the samples from the website. There was enough in each little container for a few uses and it gave me an idea of how it would look/hold up before I caved and bought the full size.

on 4/19/2016 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My absolute favourite foundation!
As a pro makeup artist I try everything. The Koh Gen Do foundations are everything I have ever needed to create a flawless finish.
After I cleanse, moisturize, and prime the skin, I squeeze out a dime size amount on a palette. Using a foundation brush I paint the foundation on, starting in the centre of the face. Using a buffing brush I blend and swirl as I go, this creates the most beautiful glow.
I love the buildable coverage it gives. I can use a concealer to spot cover any stubborn blemishes.
The foundation lasts all day, after I set with powder. It is HD friendly and looks amazing on camera and in real life!
I absolutely love this product and have purchased the entire line of Koh Gen Do!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is about as close to a miracle foundation as you're going to get. I received a sample and was hesitant because I'm fine with what I currently wear. I decided to give it a try and I was blown away. It makes my skin look absolutely perfect. It's a bit hard to describe but it's truly a miracle foundation.

I see a few people commenting about the coverage and I have to disagree. I found the coverage more than sufficient. It's not cakey and appears like natural skin if you had the most beautiful skin in the world. The compliments I received that day were unprecedented. Friends that have known me for nearly 20 years asked me what I had done.

Bottom line, the coverage is great, the texture is great, the longevity is great and it will change the way you view foundation.

A big negative is the lack of shades. If you're darker than a deep tan, forget about it. However, they do have other foundations that have darker shades.

on 3/20/2016 3:57:00 PM

I often have a hard time trying to find my shade. The people working at make-up stores often tell me that I have neutral or a cool undertones, which I find to be very odd as 1. foundations with either often turn up super grey on me 2. my friends often comment that I have a warm complexion.

I had originally intended to purchase the Maifanshi Aqua Foundation, but couldn't find the shade of my requested "warmth". The salesperson proceeded to introduce me to this foundation line, which had ONE more shade than the other range. Well, her tiny (but super kind) effort proved futile. The lack of shades for all their foundation lines didn't help at locating the right shade. I think it's an Asian-brand thing, they often assume that all Asian ladies are super fair or at the very most, "light-skinned", or that the consumers of Asian beauty brands WANT to be fair-skinned.

So the lady matched me up with a couple of shades that she felt would be appropriate. However, I insisted that they were too light and ashy, and ended up going home with their darkest, warmest shade, #123, which at that time seemed like a great match in store. Boy was I wrong. When I used it for an event the next day, it looked too light and ghostly on my skin. Needless to say, I was DISAPPOINTED.

I should have been smart enough to steer clear from this foundation which had the word "moisture" in it. I have combination skin, with my T-zone and undereye area being oily. This foundation made me oily super quick in those areas and accentuated the pores and made me look gross at the event. This foundation seriously needs a mattifying primer or loose powder for it to work for oily/combi skinned folks.

I wore this foundation to the event thinking that the lack of SPF would be great for photo-taking. While there wasn't any flashback, for some reason I looked like I had a white/grey cast and I was oily all over. A wrong choice of foundation to wear to an event. And the fact that my pores looked SO VISIBLE was horrid.

There is NO SCENT to the product, and it offers a light to medium coverage, which is great for people with nothing much to cover up. It is slightly thicker, almost creamier, than the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. In my opinion, this should be renamed as a tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way and I would not recommend this foundation for oily people. Building up several layers is not a good idea as it gives you an extremely SLICK and ALMOST CAKEY look. The foundation looks like it never sets.

For the price I paid, I wanted it to work SOOOOO bad. I've heard wonders about KOH GEN DO's foundations and how they work like a dream. But it was just a no for me.

Earlier this year I dug this out from the back of my drawer and prayed that it would just work since I had gotten a little fairer. NOPE. Didn't work. I looked crappy and my pores were just like in everybody's faces. Super oily too. My bare skin looks better, and it isn't even that great lol.

The only good thing about this is that it does provide skincare benefits. On the site it says that the product hydrates and conditions the skin, and that I felt to be true. Upon removal my skin was plump and moisturized. So in that light, it lived up to its name. And I'm a sucker for foundations with skincare benefits :( so, 2 stars for that added aspect.