Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation

Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation

4.2

Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tribehenin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Saccharomyces Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Magnesium Sulfate, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, (+/-) Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide

on 6/16/2018 11:45:00 PM

Incredible foundation. It's really not that moisturizing. At least, not nearly as much as one would think given its name. Coverage is incredible. I seem to get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear it. People think it's my skin. No heavy scent (love), no skin reactions (really love) and easy to remove. The shade range is excellent. I wear the lightest shade 001. Although I am not that fair I prefer to add blush and bronzer and let my skin seem bright underneath. It's not cheap but what is these days? As I "age" my likes of foundation are more skin like, soft, needs to blur my pores and give decent coverage without being cakey. Wear time is all day ++. And that includes my skin care underneath which is a collection of serums and a somewhat thick'ish Sunscreen (Obaji Matte Sun.) This checks all the boxes for my current needs and wants and if Kate Bosworth approves...sign me up. I can see why it's an MUA fav.

on 1/28/2018 6:42:00 AM

I`ve been using the Aqua version of this for years, but this is the first time I`ve tried this Moisture version of it. I`ve hesitated to buy this because the amount of product seemed relatively small in relation to the price. Also, I didn`t think I had a skin type that warranted a foundation targeting dry skin. However, at this time of year I usually get away for two months and spend the coldest months of the year somewhere tropical, so I`ve never really experienced a full on winter until now. My skin has been dry and reactive (irritated and breaking out), so in a bout of desperation I decided to reach out for my trusty Koh Gen Do. The Aqua version never clogs my pores and helps my skin heal, but is too dry for winter, so I decided to check out the moisture version. First off, I love how easy it is to apply, just with fingers. It blends easily and color corrects really well. Surprisingly I use a small amount, just on the center of my face and it looks really natural. Coverage is pretty light, but I cover up under the eyes with Sisley`s Phyto Concealer and any blemishes get taken care of with Catrice Camouflage. So I use a really small amount of product to achieve the look I want. It doesn`t sit in lines and doesn`t emphasize texture or pores. It wears well, except for my nose, but then nothing lasts on my nose when it`s constantly runny and is wiped. Touch ups are easy: just toss the tube in my bag and use fingers to blend. Not that touch ups are much needed: for a moisturizing base, it really lasts. I would totally repurchase.

on 12/27/2017 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My Favorite Foundation Ever: But Read My Combo Formula. I like it very much on it's own. Then I mixed it with 2 things and BOOM I got the BOMB! My formula makes it perform better, and brings the cost down a lot. Here it is:
1. A pea of this KGD in Shade 002.
2. An even larger pea of "It Cosmetics" Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF
50 in the Color "Light".
3. One drop of Josie Maran Argan Oil (Wayne Goss video recommendation)

I finger mix the 3 with no great precision. I apply on clean, dry skin with no primer necessary, placing it with my fingers in mini blob-streaks. I wet and squeeze the Beauty Blender with a final towel light squeeze. I quickly and non-expertly move it or "bounce + twist" across my face, including much of my undereye area. Done. I add Chanel concealer or this KGD twist click brightener that is SO much better than YSL or others. To finish I use 1 of 3 things: 1. Guerlain BLUSH (Rose Aux Joues) in 01 Morning Rose and am a bit careful with "where" as it is a light pink. It works fantastic! I am a level 2, or 20 Cool. I still use a blush next. 2. The KGD powder foundation in my tone. 3. The KGD clear loose powder which can be your solo choice, or even a bit put atop the other options. I did not think I would like this one bit, but it's "hot-damned" great at leaving a gorgeous finish. Mind you: All of this is done in thin layers. It is a light feeling outcome where your pores feel the air. It lasts, looks no make-up but perfect skin, and took me 52 years of experimenting with "everything" to find. It is a "medium coverage" outcome with some sheer beauty. I gave up on full coverage long ago as "rubberized face" was never a better look for me than "highly improved face". I want a touchable face with the caveat that no one actually touches it!

on 5/24/2017 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have 60 plus year old dry and sensitive skin. I'm a fan of more radiant and moisture providing foundations. I do usually have to powder my nose during the day as it tends to show shine fairly quickly if I don't. My coloring is NW15-20.

Some of my other favorite foundations are Estée Lauder ReNutriv cream in Ecru 1N2 and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 4.75 For a great tinted moisturizer, I also like NARS in Finland.

I first purchased this Koh Gen Do foundation with the sample packs to get the best match. For me, it is 002. With all the reviews and the "moisture" in the label, I figured this would go on more wet or oily. I found it to be a more powdery type cream. It smoothes nicely with the finger tips and seems to dry down and set quickly. On my skin it leaves a semi-matte finish with no glow. It's not totally flat but pretty close. It does look like skin though and doesn't look dry like some foundations do. I find that I use my fingers for the best finish. A brush or sponge seems to take off the foundation, whereas my fingertips push it into my skin.

For me this foundation is long lasting through a full work day. What I really like is that my skin feels as moisturized at the end of the day as is does right after I put my foundation on. I find that the coverage is light and somewhat sheer.

The amount you get in the little tube makes this foundation pretty expensive but not more so than my other favorites ReNutriv or GA Crema Nuda. However, I do like the tube with no pump. It makes it easy to not waste and just get the small amount you need. A little bit is all I need.

This is a nice foundation but I still like my Estée Lauder ReNutriv cream foundation better. It has a more radiant finish and smooths over any pores and textured skin leaving them looking blurred. It also provides more of a medium finish that still looks natural.

My sister ordered me this foundation for my birthday, and I have long been wanting to try it out. I've been using it a few weeks now and I am in love. It provides sheer to medium buildable coverage and looks like lovely, glowing skin when I have it on. It wears really well and hasn't broken me out. When I want more coverage and a more matte finish, I layer this over the Tarte BB primer, this combo gives me perfect matte glowing skin with a natural finish. I only wish it were cheaper, as it is as of now HG material.

on 12/3/2016 1:44:00 PM

For the upcoming cold season, I'm looking for a foundation that is a bit moisturizing with a dewy finish. I was previously using GA's Luminous Silk (which I still love) but I find that it doesn't last very long and doesn't provide enough coverage for basic redness. I bought samples of this from their website - it's super cheap and allows you to try all shades before committing to such an expensive foundation. This foundation fulfills all my wishes for a winter foundation.

The shades are not, I repeat, they ARE NOT the same shades as its Aqua Foundation counterpart, so be attentive. I have tried Aqua and while it's lovely as a foundation, it tends to cater to skin tones NC25 or lighter, or NC35-40, nothing in between. I am an NC30 and shade 123 in Aqua is a shade too light (NC25), while 143 was a shade too dark (NC35-40).

Shade 123 in the Moisture Foundation is a *perfect* match for NC30 skin tones. For comparison, I wear GA Luminous Silk 5.75, UD Naked Skin 4.0, Loreal True Match Lumi W3, and Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo in Camel. My Sephora color IQ is 3y06 (or any 06 for that matter, since I'm neutral). Shade 123 in Moisture Foundation is 2y07 in coloriq, but trust me, it's a great match.

The consistency is a little thick, and while it's off-putting that a full tube is less than 1 oz for 60+ bucks, a little goes a very, very long way. I can't imagine using a sponge or even a brush for this foundation since it would be so wasteful. I just use my fingers and the consistency of the foundation is such that it blends really really well. It's basically a highly pigmented tinted moisturizer.

It lasts all day. Without even setting. To me, for a light-med coverage foundation, that's quite amazing.

I gave only two lippies for the packaging because it looks so cheap. There are drugstore foundations that look more expensive than this awful-looking tube. But it's the inside the counts, folks! Highly recommended if you have dry-ish skin. I'm not sure how well this will work in warmer months, but we will see, as I have purchased the full-size from my experience with the samples.

on 9/24/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite foundation.

After using it for about an month i can say now that this is a keeper.

For reference my skin is very sensitive dry reddish cheeks which is prone to clogged pores.
I was looking for something that is not too heavy for my skin so it can be used for everyday.
I moisturize my face before using thisfoundation. I def have to say if u are looking for something that covers blemishes and heavy acne or dark circles this one is not for you.
This works only for skin that need light coverage and dry sensitive skin. it gives you a healthy look, not matte but neither dewy, its just your skin but better. You can build it to a light medium coverage- but you will have to use a lot.
I agree with the girls here saying that after you remove the foundation your skin is still hydrated.
I dont break out from this which is fantastic.this foundation is in my opinion expensive and too hard to get.
I am an NC 23-25 and bought it in shade 113 which is a good match.
Ingredients wise this foundation is just nice.
I will def buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Helps moisturize, although I use another moisturizer underneath as well :) In love with the packaging. In my opinion, this is so much better than a pump!! If you are looking for maximal coverage, this product isn't your best bet. If you just need light coverage and to get some moisture in the skin, give this a go!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use koh gen do aqua fondation in 123 for my Nc 20-25 medium skintone and the color matches perfectly my skintone But then I bought the moisture manfashi in 123 thinking that the color would be the same as the Aqua foundation but the color was way too dark for me so I changed to 113 and it matches my skintone .
The coverage is medium and it kinda looks like a tinted moisturizer but it Stays all day without being cakey in the end of the day . It Has more coverage than the Aqua foundation and has a semi-matte finish .
I personally prefer the aqua foundation but both delivers a really natural finish and makes your skin fresh and flawless !
I highly recommend this foundation for people who wants to have a natural look and wants to feel like they have nothing on their face .

I first bought the samples of this and the Aqua foundation from the website. I liked both but the Aqua foundation is more sheer and I wanted a bit heavier coverage . I have pretty good skin except for the occasional breakout or clogged pore, so I don't need a ton of coverage - just enough to refine my pores, even skin tone, and brighten me up. I wound up buying the full sized version of the Moisture foundation and so far I am loving it. I use about a pea-sized amount for my entire face after moisturizing and covering any problem areas with IT Cosmetics concealer. It spreads smoothly and at first I didn't think the coverage was good enough, but about 15 minutes later I checked my face in the mirror and it looked flawless and just...glowing. I am NC15-20 in MAC and the shade 002 matches my skin more perfectly than any other foundation I've ever had. My problem is usually that shades oxidize and turn orangey on me, but not this one. It blends in seamlessly and matches my skin tone so well. It truly doesn't look like I'm wearing anything, just like I have great, even, glowing skin.

My only issue with this foundation is that I can wind up looking greasy in my T-Zone by the middle/end of the day. I set it with powder in the morning but even so it's such a moisturizing formula that it has a tendency to get more of a sheen to it than I like. It also isn't very long-wearing due to the light texture. I put it on at 8 AM and when I get home from work around 5:30-6 PM it has worn off quite a bit. Setting with powder does help that but I might try a setting spray for maximum staying power.

Overall if you're thinking about trying this expensive foundation I'd suggest getting the samples from the website. There was enough in each little container for a few uses and it gave me an idea of how it would look/hold up before I caved and bought the full size.