St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

3.6

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff. I've been looking for a product that would give me that ultra-dark, borderline unnatural tan you see on WAGS or "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." This product will give you that effect.

I used this in Dark. It goes on with a slightly greenish tone, as another reviewer mentioned, but it washes off. The product doesn't smell bad, and it hasn't given me an asthma attack like Ulta's spray tan, so we're winning thus far.

Make sure you follow the directions and exfoliate and moisturize before using -- i personallly slather my feet in baby oil, and wear old socks for an hour prior to applying. If it gets on your palms, make sure you wash it off right away.

The color this gives me wears evenly, and is really sexy. It's instantly slimming. This is the best product I've used, especially for the money, and I've been self-tanning since 2003 (St. Tropez). I noticed a few reviewers mentioned getting this shipped from the UK -- it is available Stateside at Ulta (at least in CA).

on 4/5/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely flawless product! I'm a tanning guru, I've tried everything from le tan to st tropez and I can say that this is definitely my new favourite! I previously used bondi sands (which is also great) but st moriz has a one up over it.
The colour is fantastic, I use dark because I like my tan to be reasonably noticeable. It dries so quick which is helpful if you're like me and put it on before going to bed! The smell was barely noticeable, some fake tans have a shocking stench like 'le tan' does, but this one was really subtle and pleasant I found. I have sensitive skin and didn't have any problems with reactions from the product. It's semi sticky on your skin while it dries but after 10-15 minutes, tops, it's gone. I haven't had any problems with it being streaky or had issues with applying it before it dries, maybe this is just because I tan so often. The product didn't mark my sheets or clothing.
I've seen a few reviews saying that this tan comes off in the rain, but that definitely does not happen if you wash the product off before you go out (after 4-6 hours), like you're supposed to with nearly every mousse tan!
All up I'd highly recommend this tan even to beginners. I think it's a fantastic product for such a low price and everyone should appreciate it. :)

on 2/10/2014 4:17:00 PM

I'be never written a review but I am the biggest beauty guru.St.Moriz looks better than the actual tanning bed and way better for your skin.I had a deep brown color not orange or green.Hands down the best self tanned I've ever used.The price was only $6 INCLUDING SHIPPING!.I used latex gloves and kept rubbing in the mouse in circles making sure it was applied evenly.I've never looked better.I will continue to buy this!

on 3/24/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is just as good as St Tropez in my opinion and is about a tenth of the price! I bought this for £2.75. It is easy to apply and gives my skin a lovely light golden tan (I'm naturally very pale with skin that doesn't tan naturally). I will buy this from now on instead of St Tropez to save my pennies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a review of the DARK mousse

Pros:
-dries fast
-bright colour guard
-leaves a nice dark colour after washing off the colour guard

Cons:
-sits horribly on pores , especially on your face
-the colour is patchy from day 1
-fades too quickly, 2 days after application all the tan is gone
-dries out skin
-can get streaky because it dries really fast

I bought this because of all the good reviews I found online combined with the cheap pricetag, but I was disappointed and I would not buy it again.

First off I highly advise you against application on your face: it is too drying; it makes you look like you put mud on your face when you have the colour guard on (believe me,although temporary, this is very depressing) and when you wash it off it leaves your pores (especially on the nose) horribly dark like you've never had a facial in your whole life ( and I don't have oily skin, and my pores had never looked so blatant in my whole life).

It is very patchy on the rest on the body too, as if the mousse had not sank properly all over. This is clearly the product's fault because I scrubbed vigorously before applying and did not moisturize(because they say that moisturizing before application of self tan does not allow the product to sink in properly) and nevertheless the result was not good.

I ended up mixing it with a cheap moisturizing lotion (1/4 of this mousse and 3/4 of lotion) not to dump it directly to the trashcan. I now use this mix sparingly in between proper tanning lotions of other brands, but I look forward to finish this a.s.a.p.

I usually use Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe Lotion and this is an awesome product to which I will stick. I've never had any issue with it.

I would not recommend St. Moriz mousse.

on 7/22/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from Amazon after hearing all the hype on beauty blogs. I've had horrible luck with it. It's patchy, dries too quickly, and is barely noticeable. I think my bottle has gone bad since it's been really hot here lately. The one pro though is that I didn't turn orange. But overall this product is not worth the effort or the price (even though it was cheap).

on 6/30/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

St. Moriz is an amazing fake tanner and one that I would highly recommend. I'm not exactly a fake tanning pro and often approach it with caution as I'm so pale and live in constant fear of looking like a tangerine, but this is honestly such a brilliant tanner to use if your a newbie, I can't see how anyone could go wrong with it!

It comes in 3 shades; light, medium and dark. The light is perfect for a very natural tan on those who have a nc15-nc25 skintone. I initially bought light but I often found myself craving a slightly more noticeable tan so when the time came to repurchase I went for medium. There isn't a massive difference between the two, the medium is only marginally darker but you can build it up very easily to create the intensity of tan that you want.

The colour is slightly off-putting on the mitt, a deep brown with a green tinge, however, translated onto the skin it is a lovely olive without a hint of orange insight. It also dries in record time, no standing around waiting for it to stop feeling sticky.

You do definitely need to give yourself a good exfoliation before applying this as it sinks into dry areas very easily and leaves them a darker colour than the rest of your tan, not a good look! That would probably be my only qualm with it though, as in terms of easiness of application and colour it gets top marks! Will definitely continue to repurchase, the price tag (around £4 from semi-chem) is unbeatable and it gives wonderful results! x

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a HG for me.

I am an N10, and tanning can be a daunting thought. It was my cousin who recommeneded this to me. She is crazy about tanning - never seen without that bronze glow. She said, "It's the exact same as St Tropez, but a fraction of the price!"... Normally I wouldn't believe someone that something worked as well as a trusted brand such as St Tropez, but since it was her, I was a believer.

So, off I went - to Semi-Chem, a discount chemist in the UK where they sell this gem for £2.99, and it's a A LOT of product. I also bought the ''Tantastic'' tanning mit there too. I am unsure of how much I paid, but it was not expensive. The glove is reallt good too, but that's not what I am reviewing - but if you are going to apply a self tanner such as St Moriz, then I do urge you to buy one.

After I showered, exfoliated and moisturized, it was time to apply. When I first pumped the product out, it was a dark mousse like consistancy. I like the fact that it is dark because then you can see where you are applying it. It spreads far and you don't need a huge amount. Although you may want to top up at the end if you have missed anything.

Initially I ''dotted'' the product over my body and then blended with the mitt. The only problem I have is that this stains hands, and I wish I had actually bought two mitts, so that one of my hands wasn't completely brown. But a little soap powder (yes, the stuff you wash your clothes in) takes it off very easily. A trick my mumma showed me ;)!

It only took me about 20 minutes to apply to my whole body. I got my sister to do my back where I couldn't reach. And then I went to bed.

My boyfriend made fun of me because it looked very odd at this moment, but the magic is when you wash it off in the shower.

The only downside to this is that although the smell isn't as bad as most self tanners, it was irritating me when I was trying to sleep... All I could smell was the St Moriz as I was drifting off.

In the morning I wash it off. It left a very natural glowing tan that suited me well, for one being so fair... Or should I just say white.

Other girls who are not as pale as my N10 may want to try the "St Moriz Dark". But I can see anyone being satisfied up to an NC30. Anyone above should try the St Moriz Dark.

I am very happy with the results of this product. And the application was fool proof, for a self tan virgin like me. Or I was before this stuff converted me!

on 7/4/2011 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

One of the worst self-tanners I have tried! I'm an NC25 with natural golden tones so I find that most tanners do not appear orangey on me. However St Moriz does indeed turn me orange...how people say this is a completely brown tanner is beyond me, on me it's probably 30% brown and 70% orange. 1 coat does not leave me that dark (brings me up to about NC27) but if I use 2 then I just turn radioactive orange so there is no medium here. The mousse formula is very easy to apply with a tan mitt but it's so drying...my skin was always left feeling dry if I used this often, no matter how much I moisturized. It faded very ugly even with regular exfoliating and moisturizing - scaly and patchy. It rubbed off on my clothes even when I was not sweating. Lasting power was virtually non-existant, I was having to top up my tan every day or two which was a constant hassle. The smell was soapy upon application but within minutes had turned to one of the most strongest DHA biscuit/wet dog smells I've ever experienced with a tanner not to mention it transferred all over my sheets and pillows. I've never had a mousse that transfers everywhere until St.Moriz. Yes the price is cheap but I think that just reflects the quality of this tbh...I would not repurchase!

on 2/13/2011 5:26:00 AM

This was my first selftanner for the body. It gives me a nice colour, I apply in the night and in the morning after shower it leaves a hint of color, very discrete and natural. For some it might not be enough, but for me, its good because I like it natural. Maybe I had bad luck, but the package and pump is horrible. The product mostly comes out in a watery runny consistency instead of a mousse. Also, I have to apply it very quickly to avoid uneven application because it dries very fast. You should definately exfoliate and moisturize well before using it. I wish it could be alot easier for me to apply, it makes me so lazy to think about it. However, it's very very cheap and gives a nice natural color.