4.5

price range

Reviews

from

9 years ago

Chrome Carmine is a golden pink color, strong golden sheen. Similar colors are TKB Trading's Apricot and The Conservatorie's Gold Earth. I would buy this again only if I did not already have the similar colors. If you have the dupes already, do not bother.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

11 years ago

<p>Overall rating: This comes very close to HG material for me because I love golded pinks on my hazel green eyes! Interestingly, despite that it looks cool-toned in the sample baggie, the base is more of a salmon pink, rather than the golded cool pinks or golded peachy pinks I usually wear. <p> <p>Applied dry over UDPP: It went on as a light golded salmon pink. Compared with the other CS shadows I've tried, this one did not seem quite as pigmented: I needed about 3 coats to get it to my desired coverage and also had to touch it up in the afternoon. Even with UDPP underneath, it traveled a bit into my crease, so oily-skinned beauties should beware! <p> <p>Applied wet: It performed much better. With one coat, it showed as a gold-glazed salmon pink, a tad darker and brighter than when applied dry. It also showed more gold shimmer than my usual such shadows reflect. This application stayed all day until I removed it and would probably be best for evening wear. <p> <p>Applied dry over UDPP Sin: This made it look closer to how it appeard when applied wet! I think this is my favorite application. <p> <p>Applied dry over color base: The fleshy pink base muted down the shimmer factor quite a bit, but the pink and gold shades came through clearly. It looked velvety/suede-ish. This application would probably be best for daytime/office wear. <p> <p>Price: $1 for a huge, honking 1-teaspoon (or more) sample. <p> <p>Packaging: Small baggie with a zip-lock top; annoying but could easily be transferred into a sample pot. <p> <p>Would I buy again: Yes, if I lost this or spilled it, I would buy another sample again because I doubt I could ever use up a full jar of this!

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age44-55