3.7

$47.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I¨ve sampled this foundation for the first time about 3 years ago and then kept on returning to more sampling because there were several things that I did like about it: the obvious yellow undertone in the shade that matched well with my skin (Fiji) the balance between it being liquid enough but not too runny sufficient coverage Having said that, when I ran out of my old foundation and was ready to try something new, I finally dared to invest in this one. I really really wanted to love it but frankly I haven't moved past 'i like it, it is kind of OK', and here is why: it comes without a pump! I knew it beforehand, so bought one but, frankly, this is annoying: why make us pay extra for a pump when it is an expensive foundation? All day luminous one has basically an identical bottle and costs the same and comes with a pump. NARS, I don't get it...Next, the title is very misleading: if you expect sheer-this one is matt and is definitely a medium coverage; if you want a glow, you don't really get one... I have to give credit to NARS, though, they do say that this is a product for dry to normal skin, so perhaps if you fall under these categories, you WILL see some glow. On my combination skin, though, all I see in a while is my oily T-zone:) Overall, though, I can say a few positive things about it- when applied and blended well, it does look nice and it is VERY easy to blend. I have read that NARS foundations are supposed to be applied with fingers; however, I learned that a brush or a sponge works just fine as well. As i¨ve already mentioned though, it does not do a perfect job of controlling oil but on some days it lasts pretty long. Either way, I can't see a reason to re-purchase it since it does not really match my skin type and it is way more expensive than it deserves performance-wise in my case:) But at least I have formed an opinion and won't keep getting samples for years:D

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesOther

2.0

2 years ago

Sooo wanted to love this product, and thought i would because it is liquidy and dewy and those foundations usually work with my dry skin. Origibally I set it with loose powder which massively dried out my skin within two hours or less, and broke apart all over my face. After trying it without a setting powder it does the same thing and looks awful and cakey and transfers without powder. Would love to know if there was some way to make this work because the colours and application is so good! But would not recommend to anyone with any slightly dry skin as it clings to dry patches and breaks apart.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

My holy grail one of the BEST foundations I have used. I have been using this for past 8 months on a daily basis, the bottle is still not empty. Medium/Full coverage without feeling to heavy. Covers my acne scars and blemishes well. Works even better with the concealer range also. Perfect for daily wear without looking too cakey and heavy. I have oily skin and suffer from acne scars and it blends well on my skin. The shade/colour ranges are wide as well.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlack

2 years ago

I learned this foundation from watching Nikki Joy from Australia over Youtube. She raved this as one of the best foundations for oily skin. True enough, honestly I have to agree with her. Just don’t be deceived with the words “sheer glow” if you want medium coverage and you have oily skin. Coverage is sheer to medium depending on how you build it up. Plus this is also good for oily skin cause it gives that enough hydration but not making your face into an oily gunk. I also did not get pimples from using it. My co-workers even complimented how healthy my skin looks and I look glowy. So I can say this is an HG foundation and will definitely repurchase once I ran out.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I much prefer foundations with a lighter texture. Looked cakey and gross around my nose. I have normal to dry skin with mild texture in the t zone. This went straight into the trash after three applications. Looks great on some people, but not for me.

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I think I found my best foundation finally. Even though my T zone is oily I still like the way this foundation looks on my skin. It has a medium coverage and last all day on my face, by the way I never touch my face unless I wash it or apply cosmetics. So, I noticed it applies much better on a silicon base. My T zone develops its shine throughout a day but I’m fine with it

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I've purchased this foundation three times now. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and rosacea so I love that it's fragrance free and doesn't contain chemical sunscreens. It doesn't break me out at all. I wear this in Siberia and it's the best colour match I've ever had. Most other foundations are too dark and/or too pink for my skin. The foundation gives a really natural finish and provides medium coverage. I found this foundation a little tricky to work with at first so it's worth reading the directions. When I first tried it, I put it straight on like I would any other foundation and it settled in my pores. The directions say to warm it together between your fingers first then press it on, and this works so much better. I have combination skin and the foundation doesn't break down at all in oily areas, even after a long day. It can exaggerate dry patches ever so slightly but as long as I exfoliate first and moisturise properly it glides on fairly smoothly. Siberia is a little lighter and more olive than MAC NC10 in the Studio Fix Fluid. I tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 110 Porcelain which is supposed to be similar but I found that it was initially lighter and pinker than Siberia. However, the Maybelline one oxidised after a while to a similar tone to Siberia, and perhaps even slightly darker. I much preferred the texture of the Nars foundation because it gives a more natural, perfected finish - Maybelline looks a little heavier on the skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have tried many foundations in search of the correct colour for my face. I finally found Fiji, and will never change. Sheer Glow is expensive, but it is buildable and long lasting.

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I decided to buy this foundation after researching non-comedogenic high-end alternatives after using Revlon Colorstay pretty much religiously for about two years. The main issue I had with Revlon was that I'm very yellow and it's hard to find a match in their range, but I also loved the finish of it and it did not seem to break me out. Now as for Nars, I loved loved loved the colour match in light 6 Ceylan, it basically was the exact shade of my skin. Sadly, that was pretty much the only thing I liked about it. Usually I stay away from primers as they tend to break me out, and with the colorstay on its own I managed just fine for everyday wear. This, on the other hand, just goes on very patchy and stays on top of my skin in an odd way, so for example I can see my pores possibly even more than without foundation on and even though I do not really struggle with redness, it just leaves any redness uncovered somehow. I just can't seem to push it in so that it blends into my skin and it ends up looking super cakey once I set it. I've tried just fingers but that was too streaky, I've tried just a beauty blender sponge but it used up so much product and did not cover, and then I mixed the two methods ie applied mostly with fingers and used sponge to blend in by tapping but that left me patchy... This is all mostly an issue with my T-zone, and on the sides of my face where the skin is drier it looks fine, but nothing special. All in all I'm off to try out other high-end non-comedogenic yellow-based foundations because this has sadly not worked for me at all despite all the great reviews!

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

Love this foundation, i have combination skin and it gives a nice full coverage without looking too cakey. I also don’t tend to break out with this foundation. Tried many other foundations such as Mac but don’t have the same glow and coverage after applying.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18