3.7

$47.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I've tried many foundation before ranging from Revlon to Guerlain and GA, this is by far the most disappointing one. It wears off easily even with the help of Laura Mercier's loose powder and setting spray from UD, especially around the T zone, and the foundation does not go along well with oily/combination skin as the layer of foundation will turn into muddy patches later in the day. The foundation is no where near "sheer glow", it's not sheer and it looks pretty heavy on the face. It's better when I apply it with wet sponge. The foundation leaves my skin in a bad condition with bumps after I have been using it for half a year, which is what I did not expect as this is so much more expensive than Revlon which I have experienced the same condition (and Revlon does not wear off this easily..) So, definitely an under-average product for me.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

2 years ago

I really wanted to like this foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. I have oily skin and this made my skin much more oily than usual. It also broke apart and became patchy on my fast after a few hours. It didn't make a difference what I used to apply it (fingers, blender, brush), the result was always the same. It also transfers really easily regardless of whether I use a setting powder. It's really dissapointing as I like how it looks when it's first applied, but it's staying power is not enough for me. It might work better for those with more normal/dry skin types. I will stick with Estee Lauder Double wear which is cheaper, and, in my opinion, far superior.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I'm late to the Sheer Glow party and I wish I hadn't been because this may just be my new favourite foundation. I love how lightweight this feels! It's more pigmented than the name suggests, this is a medium coverage foundation for sure and it's buildable to your liking. It hides everything while also looking very natural, it just sinks in and looks like skin. Gives a beautiful glow. I'm NC20-25 and I use the shade Ceylan, which is the best shade match I have ever found for my skin tone.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I made an account just to warn others how absolutely overrated this product is and how terrible my experience with it has been. I haven’t had a breakout since my puberty days, but guess what happened days after starting this makeup?? I’m experiencing the worst breakout probably of my life...big NASTY pimples all over my chin and jaw line all thanks to this crappy makeup. I can’t believe I bought into the over hype of this makeup. It’s a complete waste of money. Save yourself from a nasty breakout and don’t purchase this makeup.

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I bought this foundation after reading some great reviews online. I am someone who likes using foundation almost every other day just to even out skin tone and make me keep looking fresh throughout the day. The medium coverage works perfectly for me. I use my fingers to apply it and I need a very little quantity to cover my face. I like the slight glow that it leaves, perhaps works on my skin type. It does appear to be a bit too dewy for my liking, so needs proper setting powder application. It lasts me a Long time (around 10 hours easily) so have to give it credit for being Long wearing. However, transfers easy and needs another setting powder application around 6 hours in. May not purchase it again as I have sampled other products and appreciate their finesse more. Also the no pump applicator is a complete bummer and such a time wastage. I have never heard of any product of brand to be experimenting in such a consumer unfriendly manner.

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

This used to be my favorite foundation before I tried the Radiant Longwear. I like the texture, coverage and shade selection in this foundation. It feels slightly creamy but not greasy. Finish is natural/dewy and the coverage is about medium. I have dry skin and it applies equally well with a brush or a sponge for me. Love the abundance of yellow tones across the shades; lots of companies seem to think once you’re past “Tan”, your undertone can only be red. It does transfer easily if you don’t set it which can lend to patchiness throughout the day. Overall, this is a solid foundation. The only reason I switched to Radiant Longwear is that RL has slightly more darker shades and I found one that’s a more exact match.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This foundation tends to stick to any dry patches and does by the end of the day has worn off around the t zone. It looks good when first applied to non dry skin but isn't particularly luminous but can look downright oily by the end of the day. You need to buy the pump separately which seems cheap considering the price is already fairly expensive. Also not great for very sensitive skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

Definitely not worth the price and is very heavy looking on dry skin. Looks very matte and clings to dry patches. The name of this foundation is very misleading

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

2 years ago

I love this foundation. this is my go to foundation because you can build the coverage to what you like. The only thing I don't like is because it doesn't come with a pump.

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

2 years ago

For years I'd been wearing foundations that were always slightly off and Nars has changed my life. I tried Sheer Glow on impulse but now that I have, I can understand the hype it. It has been one of the most flattering foundations for my skintone (I wear Barcelona) and generally makes my skin look great. I have dry patches that Sheer Glow doesn't emphasise but it isn't quite forgiving either as it isn't a dewy foundation. It has a natural finish, which on my dry skin reads as demi matte. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and is my current go-to foundation. Of course, if the packaging was changed to include a pump it would be perfect.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Neutral