Maybelline Great Lash BIG

image 1image 2image 3

3.5

on 3/28/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've ran through quite a few bottles of this mascara, I really love it for my eyelashes. It's my go-to no matter what look I'm going for. It seperates my eyelashes without clumping them too much. I use it lightly on my bottom lashes though because if you use too much it does stick together and doesn't look too attractive, which is why I would recommend one or two coats. It's lovely, package is a bit boring but definitely a great product!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My go-to mascara for school mornings. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this product is pretty effective at separating my lashes and making them longer. It's smooth enough to go on quickly, but thick enough to create definition. I like to apply one coat of this mascara horizontally, the normal way, and then go over my lashes again vertically to lengthen the fibers of each eyelash. My only problem with this product is that I find it isn't effective for my lower lashes, so I have to use another mascara on them. Still on the search for my perfect mascara, but I would definitely buy this one again.

To Read all 249 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/15/2015 1:15:00 PM

I really don't get what the commotion is all about! This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used, the formula and wand are both equally awful.. This did nothing for me at all (no volume, no length, not even a fuller look) , I was more impressed by a tiny VS mascara that came in one of their kits than this..
I only used it once after purchasing and ever-since have had it sitting in the corner of my makeup drawer...Whoever among my friends/family have tried this have all complained about it.
This was nothing but a huge disappointment..
The only pro to this product is the price, but I've used better mascaras that were cheaper than this one..

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't understand what the big hype is about this mascara or the original version of it. It has a minimal effect on my lashes. I recently purchased this because this is what the salon recommend to on my real lashes, once my extensions fell out. it was a huge disappointment.

on 4/21/2015 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this instead of the "regu;ar" $4.99 greatlash - as i was intrigued. I got it in "Blackest Black" and I like the formula - but.

The brush is too big for me.

Drat!

Back to the "normal" one i go.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My go to mascara, I've tried other Maybelline ones, Rimmel, MAC and I will never use anything but this.
I already have quite long thick lashes, so I just really want a mascara to blacken them and add volume after I've put on my makeup. Doesn't clump or give the spidery look (unless you put on too many layers, of course).

Tip: to save on money, just keep the BIG brush when your mascara is finished and put it in the normal Great Lash tubes (saves me about NZD$4)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So far, this has been my go-to mascara. It might be helpful to mention that I have long and thick lashes already and will sometimes go without mascara because it can look like a bit much. When I want/need a mascara that doesn't clump, flake, and can just emphasize my eyes with a clean look, I reach for this one.

on 3/31/2015 8:46:00 AM

The packaging is cute and the price on special was great ($4.99). But this is another Maybelline Great Lash disaster. It didn't clump or flake, made my lashes longer but wouldn't thicken them if it's life depended on it. To add insult to injury it made my lashes very crispy. I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A great day time mascara. I do prefer the REG smaller brushed one, but this one is alright. I'm one of the few people who likes and requires a clumpy-ish mascara as my lashes are so puny / skimpy (yet long) and I find that I can get that thickness / volume w/ the ORIG kind. I find the BIG just emphasizes my already long-ish lashes. But that's ok as I love how the "Blackest Black" is soooo pitch black. Also, like it's predecessors, the washable formula's nice and easy to remove yet does not flake nor smudge when on. Oh, and @ only $4.50 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart when it's regularly like $7.99 is a fab (discounted) price. Perhaps I'll receive thicker lashes as the formula dries out a little, which is often the case :)

UPDATE: After only about 5 wks the formula is un-workable. Not dried out, but clumpy, thick, flaky & OFF! I did not use it much, so not sure why it's off. I find the same occured w/ my most recent "Mega Plush" too. Being that GL sells for, I kid you not $7.99 in Toronto Shoppers Drug Marts now this is un-acceptable. Won't be purchasing either anymore. CG Mascaras I recently have found to be better consistencies. Sorry Maybelline :(

on 1/15/2015 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

My holy grail mascara. This makes my tiny lashes appear normal and is not clumpy at all. I find it long lasting and holds a curl really well. I used to buy Clinique and Estée Lauder mascaras and this is honestly as good but for less than half the price.