Maybelline Great Lash BIG

Maybelline Great Lash BIG
Great Lash BIGGreat Lash BIGGreat Lash BIG

3.5

on 11/19/2016 10:57:00 PM

Its a pretty good mascara, I bought it in the ``blackish brown`` shade. At first I thought it was quite clumpy, but i learned to just wipe it on the sides as i take it out of the tube. It`s definitly not waterproof, and I cant trust it to not be underneath my eyes at the end of the (school) day, if I sweat or smt. Thats like 8 or so hours later tho. My thoughts on this mascara are neutral, i mean its just a average mascara overall. If i apply it right its quite natural. Perhaps if it was waterproof, I would like it 10x more.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like the previous reviewer, I also like the original Great Lash, but this brush makes it even better for me. It's even easier to add volume, length and definition with this brush. I get the Blackest Black color. My lashes have a natural curl and I don't have to use an eyelash curler. I don't like super wet formulas typically. This formula is a great mascara I can use everyday and also build in coats if I want more definition. I have found myself using this over less than thrilling mascaras when they disappoint me. I've been using Great Lash for years and will continue to use this formula with the luxurious, big brush. It's not as volumizing as some from Rimmel, but it's pretty darn good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like the original Great Lash, however I LOVE this big version. It curls beautifully, and I can add several layers to create thickness without getting clumpy on me. Plus, it separates them to get that sort of "fanned out" falsie-esque look. Love. This is similar to the look Lancome "Doll lashes" gives (a high end favorite of mine), although the brushes look different. I feel this is a less expensive version that actually compares in quality.

I do naturally have long, full eyelashes, however, without any mascara on them they are just blah and this mascara really just curls, darkens, thickens, and lengthens. What else could I ask for!

Of course the packaging isn't particularly pretty or luxurious looking but it does the job and the pink/green tube has become iconic for the "best drugstore mascara" so I doubt they will be changing it up any time soon. Which I'm fine with. Definitely a must try from the drug store!

****Side note:I must add, I'm not sure why, but I tend to like the formula even better after it has dried out slightly. When freshly opened, the formula is more on the wet side but still works great for me. It just needs a few minutes to dry after applying. Whereas, after having the tube for a couple weeks I notice once it dries out, it layers even nicer and quicker.

I don't understand the bad reviews on this mascara at all, I personally love this mascara as i feel it beautifully curls your lashes up with volumized lashes that don't look clumpy!
This is one of the first mascaras I ever used and I'll always keep rebuying to have around as it is so easy to apply and look good.

on 8/11/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Smudges

This is my all time favourite mascara wand. It achieves very big thick lashes and clumping isn't an issue. The formula is okay but starts to run during the day and I end up with black marks underneath my bottom lashes.

on 3/28/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've ran through quite a few bottles of this mascara, I really love it for my eyelashes. It's my go-to no matter what look I'm going for. It seperates my eyelashes without clumping them too much. I use it lightly on my bottom lashes though because if you use too much it does stick together and doesn't look too attractive, which is why I would recommend one or two coats. It's lovely, package is a bit boring but definitely a great product!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My go-to mascara for school mornings. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this product is pretty effective at separating my lashes and making them longer. It's smooth enough to go on quickly, but thick enough to create definition. I like to apply one coat of this mascara horizontally, the normal way, and then go over my lashes again vertically to lengthen the fibers of each eyelash. My only problem with this product is that I find it isn't effective for my lower lashes, so I have to use another mascara on them. Still on the search for my perfect mascara, but I would definitely buy this one again.

on 6/15/2015 1:15:00 PM

I really don't get what the commotion is all about! This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used, the formula and wand are both equally awful.. This did nothing for me at all (no volume, no length, not even a fuller look) , I was more impressed by a tiny VS mascara that came in one of their kits than this..
I only used it once after purchasing and ever-since have had it sitting in the corner of my makeup drawer...Whoever among my friends/family have tried this have all complained about it.
This was nothing but a huge disappointment..
The only pro to this product is the price, but I've used better mascaras that were cheaper than this one..

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't understand what the big hype is about this mascara or the original version of it. It has a minimal effect on my lashes. I recently purchased this because this is what the salon recommend to on my real lashes, once my extensions fell out. it was a huge disappointment.

Popular Mascaras