Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing

Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing

4.3

AQUA, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, , PETROLATUM, DIHYDROXYACETONE, ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE, TOCOPHEROL, OLEA EUROPAEA, AVENA SATIVA, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS, PERSEA GRATISSIMA, OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE, STEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, BHT, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ERYTHRULOSE, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA.

I picked this up last summer when I finally got the courage to give self tanners a go- I am incredibly fair skinned, and I always burn and never tan, resulting in nothing but a face full of freckles and disapointment. I grabbed a mini tube at Wal-Mart and I didn't read closely to identify the shade which was a mistake- I grabbed the medium to dark, and within three days I was tan but with an orange-y tinge to it due to how pasty I was before. The color just wasn't suited for somebody pale, so when I realized that I had the wrong shade I gave it a few days to scrub off and then got a tube of the light to medium. This one offers a more subtle color, only like a shade or two above what I am naturally, but enough to give me a really good, natural looking glow. It's super hydrating too which I love because when I'm tan I want my skin to straight up GLOW through the summer.
My only qualms with this product would be the packaging being too similar, and the shade options. Because they are in literally the EXACT same tube, with only a minor difference where the shade name in, it is super easy for people to make the mistake that I made and grab the wrong shade, and one bad experience can definitely put people off of self tanning. The shade options really aren't much of anything either- I'd really like to find a happy-medium between the two colors, something that would be darker than the light, but lighter than the dark, more of a "spent a long weekend at the beach" kind of vibe that I could wear through the summer.
Overall I definitely liked this one, it applies so smoothly and I just make sure to scrub my nails and palms right after to keep them from getting discolored, and once it's to the shade that I want I just drop back to applying it every other day instead of daily to maintain. It fades evenly, it tans gradually, and it is essentially goof-proof!

This formula in the med/dark is the best of the Natural Glow line. My favorite for the winter or as a tan extender for a more intense self tan. Also good for beginners.

on 7/23/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really great gradual self tanner. After my horrible encounter with L'oréal Sublime Bronze airbrush, I was really scared of self tanners but I'm not anymore. I really love the fact that it's moisturizing in the same time as tanning. As a really fair girl (NW10) I was afraid that the medium one will be too dark, but I really want to try it next, as this one give me a little tan, but not a lot. I still look really white, but not as white as before, if that make any sense ! I know that some people don't really like the smell, but it did not disturb me. I even actually almost like it.

It doesn't streak at all, and overall, it's an amazing product for the price. I will definitively repurchase.

I'll update when I use the medium one.

UPDATE 2016-09-18:
I used a whole bottle of the medium one and it was perfect. No streak, not too dark on my really fair skin, smells ok. Overall, a nice buy in light or medium :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As an extremely pale-skinned girl (NC 5-10) who burns but never tans, this self-tanner is a great way to get a nice glow for summer. At first I tried the Fair to Medium version, but it had no effect at all, even after consistent application for over a week. I read a few recommendations that I should try out the Medium to Dark version, and I'm so glad I did!

PROS:
-Gives a nice, natural-looking tan when applied daily for a few days
-Minimal streaking
-Least offensive smell I've come across
-Inexpensive and easily accessible
-Very moisturizing

CONS:
-Inevitable self-tanner smell
-A few streaks (mainly on my wrists, for some inexplicable reason)
-Takes a few minutes to dry fully
-Must be applied every day or every other day to see results

Tips for Application:
-Exfoliate with a scrub and/or loofah in the shower beforehand
-Put a little moisturizer on your driest parts (i.e. knees, elbows, etc.)
-Apply from the feet up to avoid streaks

Overall, I think this is a good gradual self-tanner for many skin types that gives consistent and natural-looking results. Definitely a repurchase!

My CVS had this in travel size so I bought it after my disaster with Sallys Airbrush Tan (long orange and ugly story there haha).
I use it sparingly to enhance the bit of sun I got au natural. I love the sparkles! The smell is absolutely amazing! I used to be a self tanner addict but the stench finally got too much for me. This new fragrance is way way better than the old. I'd tried this stuff before but it stunk badly and made me splotchy. This new formula smells dreamy going on, and then settles into that familiar self tanner funk...its not bad though and way way better than before! I love too how smooth and nice this formula feels. It applies like a soft, smooth lotion...not sticky like alot of ST's. The texture really is light years ahead of most ST's out there.
It gives me a nice, sparkly glow, and the sparkles wash off when I shower, so I'm left with pretty nice glowy skin.
I only am buying the travel sizes though...I dont trust ST's anymore and God knows one missed exfoliation will turn me into an orange zebra.lol. So right now I'll just play with the travel size til I decide I'm going back to ST's or natural sun.
The one nit pick is the tube. Although its cute and well made, it doesnt look different enough between formlas....Theres this one and some other that firms or whatnot...The revitalizing is the one I'm digging, so I have to read the bottles to make sure I'm getting the right one. Othet than that, I'm pretty happy overall with this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a HORRIBLE sunless tanner.
I was looking for one in the stores and I had a coupon so I bought this along with the face self tanner that came with it. Altogether it was $15 which is ridiculous. I squeezed some out and as it turns out, there are sparkles in this. I hate sparkly stuff. They were small, but noticeable.
I rubbed it in and waited for 15 mins. for it to dry but it never did. I turned the fan on and waited 20 minutes and it still wasn't dry. Finally, I put my clothes on and went on with my day.
The next day, I found out that my bra was stained orange, my dry patches were highlighted. and it creased unevely on my body where my clothes were and where my muscles flexed. I decided to scrub in the shower to wash off dead skin cells and wear extra lotion to help with dry patches and apply at night. It still didn't work. It turned my skin yellow and orange and the tone was all uneven.
I tried everything possible to make it work but I end up throwing it in the trash. I guess I'll try L'oreal next.

Generally it worked well for me. I bought it in the medium to tan skin tones and got noticeable color in about 2 days.
It was streaky on my feet and looked rather fake but I don't blame the product because I never really took much time with applying this.
The smell to me was different from other self-tanners, they usually have a biscuit-y smell in my opinion and this one smelled like maple syrup?! But it was easily covered by my vanilla lotion and wasn't noticeable at all.
Price was affordable: compare it to a month's membership at a tanning salon and you'll be happy!
I prefer getting darker than this gives me, but this will definitely be my go-to self tanner, especially in winter months.

on 5/17/2012 5:45:00 PM

I wish I loved this as much as everyone else seems to. :(

The color I do get from this is great and looks very healthy and natural on my fair skin.
HOWEVER, on me this is VERY streaky and blotchy. I have no idea why I have this problem when no one else seem to. I follow all the directions, I apply it at night, I exfoliate beforehand, blah, blah, blah... No matter what, I end up with noticeable streaks and blotches in random parts of my body. I'm starting to wonder if it's just something in my body chemistry that causes this.

I won't be repurchasing this, and am going to experiment with other self tanners. Everyone's skin is different, so I think this product is worth trying. It's obviously popular for a reason. It just doesn't work on my skin.

on 5/10/2012 3:42:00 PM

I will buy this when I can't find Loreal Sublime Glow....the color is fine, delivery fine, I just don't like the smell....if it had a better smell, and a slight sparkle, I would give it a 5....I am pale, but use the Medium, cuz the Fair did not work for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cant express how impressed i am with this. I have a very pale complexion and was a little worried about buying this in Medium thinking the color might be too dramatic. Glad i took the gamble though .... on the third day of applying i had a gorgeous color that usually takes me 3 weeks of laying out in the sun every day! Even my boyfriend who is always the first to ridicule those painfully noticable fake tans started calling me his little golden goddess lol. As for the smell, i dont mind it at all and actually think its somewhat pleasant. Definatly reccommend this to anyone wanting to add some nice color to their skin .. its reasonably priced too!