74%

Reviews

2.0
from

3 months ago

I had bleached a section of my hair & it was a little brassy so I picked up the So Silver shampoo & conditioner. I've been growing out color on the rest of my hair, so there was faded brown color on the ends that weren't bleached & toned. Pro: My hair was soft & silky. CON!!! It stripped the rest of my old color from everywhere else & left my hair red. The blonde/toned sections were yellow instead of toned. 100% don't use if you have high and low lighted color.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2 years ago

a little drying but not too bad. this shampoo is so pigmented that even the lather is purple. I leave it on for 5 minutes twice a week and it makes my recently red hair stripped back to blonde look shiny and bright with hardly any orange tones. it's so pigmented though that it stuck on to certain parts of my hair and made it look really white, almost like silver, while other parts remain to look like a more even toned, beige blonde.

About reviewer (418 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Awesome good quality product for the price

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

Amazing shampoo! I balayage my own hair using the Revlon Frost & Glow kit in the shade Honey. My hair did not turn out yellow by any means (the kit is seriously great) but it was a tinge brassy and warm for my liking. Unfortunately the only other shade Revlon carries is Platinum but I didn't want to go that extreme, so I decided to tone my hair. I walked into a beauty supply store with the intention of buying an ashy blonde toner, but was recommended this instead. Immediately after the first wash, my highlights were lifted into a beautiful shade of ashy blonde! I did leave the shampoo on for a few minutes, but any longer and it might turn your hair purple so be mindful of that. Bonus: I have a really oily scalp and this shampoo has managed to keep my hair looking clean for 3 days! It was also very affordable at CAD $12.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I use to always use Redken BodyFull shampoo and conditioner, but it is discontinued. I tried and tried to find something new. I finally asked my salon and they suggested this since I do have natural silver streaks. I love this shampoo. It is gentle, gives my great shine, bounce, and lift. The scent is very gentle and nice. I highly recommend if you are silver like me. I know that some people mentioned it dried their hair, not me. My hair with other brands is dry, this is very moisturizing for me. I wash my hair everyday and sometimes twice a day. NOTE: The shampoo is purple. That does not bother me, but I will let you know that it will stain and it will not come out. I did not realize I left some in the white grout of my shower stall, my grout is now purple. Apparently I am a violent scrubber to the point that some of the purple got on my bathroom door. My interior doors are catalyzed white lacquer and I scrubbed and scrubbed and it won't come out. UPDATE 1/22/2018: After constant use it feels like it builds up and removes all bounce from my hair. And with constant use it dyed my gray hairs blue. I had people ask if I was dying my hair blue. And sometimes I don't feel like sitting on the bathtub floor to wash my hair since it stains so bad. I decided to stop using this.

About reviewer (249 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

5 years ago

I have been using this Matrix So Silver Shampoo for about 6 months now, previously I was using the John Freida version. I do like this shampoo, however, I feel like there is prob a lot better ones out there, its a very drying shampoo, I have to deep condition after ever use of this stuff. A girl I work with has always used the Paul Mitchell Silver SHampoo and I suggested she try the Matrix So Silver and she said it dried her hair out too. So, I don't think its just me that has that problem.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

As a brunette I like this shampoo, but for the price I prefer Pro:voke Touch of Silver twice a week Brightening shampoo treatment - less than half the price of the Matrix shampoo. Because both are so potent, even when mixed with my Avalon Rosemary shampoo (two thirds Avalon to one third silver shampoo) I only need a small amount. I leave the concoction in for two or three minutes and it really tones down my coloured hair, which currently has slightly brassy roots. Any longer and it gives my darkest brown hair a subtly gorgeous aubergine tinge. No dryness whatsoever. Other tricks I use every few days to counteract brassiness and colour-fading are Shikai Colour Reflect shampoo in Deep and L'Oreal Chroma Care conditioner in 23 Cool Brown.

About reviewer (480 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

Another good Matrix product. So silver definitely cuts through the brassiness in my hair and leaves me with a nice clean blonde. It takes a bit of work to get a good lather and it does leave my hair dry but I find this is common with purple shampoos. I think you just need to follow up with a extra moisturising conditioner like Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm. The price is reasonable but the bottle is smaller than other purple shampoos that I've purchased. Overall I am happy with So Silver and would repurchase in the future.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

2.0

6 years ago

Love how it makes my hair ashy but after using it I began breaking out around my hair line, neck and scalp. It wasn't until I stop using it my skin went back to normal. Overall great for its silver purpose and price, wouldn't buy it again after all the acne.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

6 years ago

This does work well- it is certainly a good dark purple color. It does the job. But it is difficult to use- it doesn't easily coat all of your hair. Also, when i rinse, it makes my hair SO tangly and straw like. WARNING! This burns the heebe jeebies out of your eyes. It literally feels like you are shoving tiny solid masses into your eyes if there is any contact. BE CAREFUL!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium