Avene Very High Protection Cream SPF 50+ (Uploaded by Jyoan)

2.9

32%
would repurchase
4.0/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I see that many people dislike this product, but I think that people don't understand that a good SPF should not be rated based on how well it blends or how it smells or whatever superficial cosmetic reason. A good SPF needs to be safe and needs to protect you from the sun. Those are my criteria and I'm very happy with this product.

I don't have dry skin per se, but I do …

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

6 months ago

I don't like how it applies on the skin.I have dry,flaky skin and even though I always apply sunscreen after moisturizing my face extremely well(and the flakes become invisible due to the moisture),this sunscreen "clings" onto my flakes and accentuates them.It's strange because it's advertised as being for "dry,sensitive skin".

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

1.0

8 months ago

Gives me some sort of reaction... Skin feels raw and dry after application. Had to toss it

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

Jul/31/2018

It's not dry touch, it's actually quite tacky on the skin and it leaves a white cast on my skin. Smells very strongly of spf too, but I wouldn't mind that so much if it wasn't so icky feeling and grey on my skin.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

May/10/2018

This sunscreen offers a high level of SPF, which suits my fair skin. It also did not agitate my sensitive skin. What I disliked about this product was the texture. It was very goopy and did not run into my skin easily. For this reason, I would not buy it again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesGreen

3.0

Jul/23/2017

Karma ciltliyim. Bende sivilce yaptı. Cream formulu ile içindeki sarı yağ kısmı ayrişiyo..

1 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

Feb/10/2017

too thick, hard to blend, leaves you a sticky feeling. would looking for less expensive sunscreen with a lighter formula

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

fromTiaR

Oct/18/2016

I seem to be the minority!
I have the orange tube, untinted. Yes, it leaves a white cast. I'm NC25 and it's not that bad, and I wear makeup anyway.

White cast aside, this sunscreen does. It's. Job. it's fantastic. I barely tanned while I was in Maui. It was smoldering sun every single day and didn't burn once. I tried to be diligent about reapplication …

8 of 8 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinOily

3.0

Apr/12/2016

I first tried the product of the white tube, but it left a terrible pink cast. Can't imagine anyone being that pink except Peppa Pig.

After that, I tried the orange tube despite having a fragrance. It does its job nicely protecting my skin, but the scent is ghastly. It lingers along for quite a while, unfortunately. I've repurchased once, but won't repeat that.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesHazel

Oct/04/2014

Mine is the "dry sensitive skin" one (as the fist photo).

Just't didn't like it, to thick, always leave me the white cast, not confortable.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral