Avene Very High Protection Cream SPF 50+

Avene  Very High Protection Cream SPF 50+
Very High Protection Cream SPF 50+

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (10.78%) (Sunscreen), Zinc Oxide (2.40%) (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Decyl Oleate, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), BHT, Butylparaben, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Citrus Dulcis), Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride Citrate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491), Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Octyldodecanol, O Cymen 5 OL, Ozokerite, PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 3 Myristyl Ether, Propylparaben, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Glucoside, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Glutamate

on 2/10/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

too thick, hard to blend, leaves you a sticky feeling. would looking for less expensive sunscreen with a lighter formula

on 10/18/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I seem to be the minority!
I have the orange tube, untinted. Yes, it leaves a white cast. I'm NC25 and it's not that bad, and I wear makeup anyway.

White cast aside, this sunscreen does. It's. Job. it's fantastic. I barely tanned while I was in Maui. It was smoldering sun every single day and didn't burn once. I tried to be diligent about reapplication but wasn't always. Still no burn.

And the second best thing....absolutely NO breakouts. If you have acne prone skin and you aren't sensitive to titanium dioxide, try this.

I first tried the product of the white tube, but it left a terrible pink cast. Can't imagine anyone being that pink except Peppa Pig.

After that, I tried the orange tube despite having a fragrance. It does its job nicely protecting my skin, but the scent is ghastly. It lingers along for quite a while, unfortunately. I've repurchased once, but won't repeat that.

on 10/4/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Mine is the "dry sensitive skin" one (as the fist photo).

Just't didn't like it, to thick, always leave me the white cast, not confortable.

I use Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+ and its perfect for normal/combinated skin.. It doesn't dry my skin! Great ingredients ( paraben free, alcohol free,octobenzone free)
I use it everyday,instaed my mousturizer.. Cons:contains perfume

on 12/25/2013 1:57:00 PM

Hmmm, I think there is a bit of confusion on this review page about WHICH of the Avene spf 50's reviewers are using. There seems to be the physical spf, the tinted, and the untinted chemical spf 50. I believe this page is for the latter, which is the one I am reviewing. It contains a photostable blend of avobenzone, octocrylene and best of all Tinosorb S and M- which not only is the best protection available today but also helps stabilize avobenzone even further than the octocrylene already does. From my reading, I remember that the Tinosorbs were apparently remarkably stable, lasting all-day. However, the avobenzone may need a top-up and I also think to have the best protection a second application throughout the day would be advisable- if only for peace of mind! As other reviewers have noted the consistency of this sunscreen is pretty great- it is not greasy, doesn't 'build up' so you can layer a lot for great protection and have it all dry down to a nice matte-glow. I rotate a lot of suncreens but this is the one that is always trustworthy, no-fuss and great for when you need to apply an spf and be out the door! Even when I use other spfs for the face, this is the one that gets applied on hands and neck. A similar spf to this (ingredients-wise) is Vichy Aqulia Thermal SPF 15. I know the spf sounds low but it has a PPD of 18 and contains the Avo/Octo combo but instead of the Tinosorbs, it contains the Mexoryl's (SX/XL). I use that sometimes for days when I need more moisture as the base is shea butter. HTH.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

best sunscreen i have ever used ..i'm nc 40 skin ..i do tan very easily and fast in the sun and that doen't make my face tan after hours in the sun so i suppose it does a really good job in protecting my skin... t never looks greasy and it leaves my skin feeling and looking like there's nothing on it. I use it everyday, rain or shine. Also, it does not make my skin break out, and just about every product on the market does.will def buy again

My review is for Avéne HIGH PROTECTION MINERAL CREAM SPF50 (the white tube). I have very sensitive skin to sunlight, this sunscreen did a good job in preventing me from getting a sunburn on my vacations in the beach (I reapplied every 2 hours or after swimming, perspiring or using a towel) but... Is a real MESS!!! A horrible white cast all over my face and body (this sunblock is tinted, but leaves a white cast anyways), it stains everything: clothes, shoes, furniture and anything that goes in contact whit it.... I was happy because I didn´t burn at all, (I'm very responsible taking sun anyways and try to stay in the shadow most of time, and avoid the most dangerous hours in the day), but I was looking like a ghost all the time and all my clothes, my swimsuits were ruined, I couldn´t even approach to other people without staining them or their clothes, definitely won´t repurchase.

on 2/23/2011 9:25:00 PM

I had a horrible reaction to this product. After one day of use my skin broke out in huge swollen welts so badly that my doctor put me on prednisone for five days. My skin is sensitive to chemical sunscreens but I have used Clinique City Block 25 for years with great results but was looking for something a little stronger so I tried this. I have never had such a bad reaction to a sunscreen before. If your skin is at all sensitive, stay away from this product!

on 12/6/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This sunscreen, in a mixture of tinted and untinted, is now my daily ss. Color: The untinted version can be whitening when used in the proper amounts, but it is easy to mix in the desired amount of the tinted version. It has a peachy tint which warms up my cool complexion... much peachier than the Bioderma tinted. Pink cream blushes skew peach when worn with this.
Finish: (My skin has become drier, and is not clog-prone.) This ss gives a dewy, healthy finish, and though I often choose to lightly powder over it, I don't feel it is absolutely necessary. In fact, the Avene spf 50 creme is less shiny than the emulsion on my skin. It stays on the skin, making use of liquid or cream foundations hard, but a mixture of tinted/untinted can be used to give the effect of a medium-coverage foundation. This blends very well ( unlike the emulsion).
Protection: spf 50, ppd is given as 20. Contains Tinosorbs and avobenzone.
Irritation factor: The onlt time I have had any irritation with this is when I applied to red, swollen skin ( don't try that at home). It doesn't irritate when used near my eyes.
Tenacity: Strikes a good balance between staying through perspiration and being easily removed. Does not require oil cleanser or scrubbing.
Repurchase: I have, and will continue to.