NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

on 4/20/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadow! Very flattering on olive skin, I use MAC paint pot in Nubile before I apply and its beautiful for either a brow bone shadow or all over lid shadow. Only complaint is the glitter fall out which I pick up after application with dome tape but other than that its my daily HG shadow!

on 2/8/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Nars "Night Star" has been a staple in my makeup arsenal for several years now. Despite how some feel about glittery eyeshadow, I think it's perfect for those with deeper, warmer complextions as a highlight or on the lid. I was tickled to see Sam Fine using it so much in his DVD. That said. I think I've found a dupe that I like even more. Sephora single shadow in "Glittering Sand No.9" is just as beautiful on the eye and only cost $12.00. I see no reason to spend more when I can get the same amazing results for half the price. Sorry Nars.

on 12/22/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its so glittery. I love glittery eyeshadow and this was it. It shows up too well on my NW45 eye and it's the most beautiful color I've ever seen/used! This is my favorite eyeshadow. I use it for night or day!

Update: This is terrible now. As soon as I wrote this review it started getting major fallout. It such a shame, It wouldn't even get onto my Hakuhodo brushes and it applied matte. For such as high end brand, I didn't expect this. I won't be buying this eyeshadow in a single. I'm so glad I didn't. It didn't even help that I used Nars eyeshadow primer and Nars Unconditional love shadow creme. I used my fingers and that helped put the glitter back on, but then it fell out leaving it matte once again.

Not worth the money.

UPDATE 2013: Okay so I've been meaning to update for a while, but I figured out a way to stop the fallout. It's a shame it even has fallout to begin with because it a great highlighter, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG every day eyeshadow and im surprised at how quickly im getting to the pan, then again i wear it every single day. I have very olive skin, i dont wear mac but i believe im an nc40 and i wear this every day as an all over lid colour, sometimes mixed with mac's Orb eyeshadow to give it more of an opaque look with mac's cork in the crease. I also use this to blend out smokey eye looks when using navy, purples, browns and other warm toned eyeshadows. I will continue to buy this as it is my fav eyeshadow!

I am not an eyeshadow girl. I like wearing very dark and dramatic lipstick so my eyeshadow is usually very natural looking or I just go all natural and not wear any at all. This is the dream eyeshadow I have been searching for. It is the perfect creamy color that matches my skin tone. It looks so natural and it wakes up my eyes. It is virtually undetectable but you see the difference it makes while you are applying it. It had these specks of glitter which also help in waking my eyes up. I love how clean and polished this makes my eyes look. I can completely imagine myself hitting pan with this eyeshadow. I have been using it for 1 month and I haven't looked back once. This color is also a great highlighter. It really was worth my money.

on 2/20/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i love it! although i wouldnt buy it, night star is perfect as just an overall lid eyeshadow as it doesnt show up very well. but this is good if you want to create some sparkle to your eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For an expensive price tag NARS eyeshadows are definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!!! The colors don't show up very well on the skin, and it's very difficult to apply and pack on the color...Not good for blending...it's not even good as a base color. Spend your money on a better shadow

on 11/23/2008 2:43:00 PM

This shadow isn't very pigmented, and it looks soooo very pretty in the container too. Its still a lovely shade though, and it makes your eyes sparkly and one color. Still love it, I just don't think I'd use it all up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually love my NARS shadows. Really I do. But I completely regret the $25 I spent on Night Star because frankly, it doesn't show up on my MAC NC 30/35 skin. At all. In the pan it looked like a gorgeous shimmery light beige that would create a polished but not glitzy look - Night star pretty much creates no look period. It's pigment level is really really low and any shimmer in the pan is undetectable on your skin. Pretty much any color in the pan is undetectable on your skin. To make things worse, it crumbled horribly in the pan after a while. I would have expected this from a $5 drugstore eyeshadow, not an eyeshadow from NARS. BIG dissapointment.

I love Night Star. From reading the reviews, it seems like most people think it's really light and I think that's the point of it. I like it for a bit of glimmer. Or I use it as a highlighter on the brow.

I do tend to use it over NARS Danceteria glitter pencil which deepens that pale glittery color. Surprisingly, this color goes well with a light gray in the crease. I've been thinking it would also look really stunning with a bright green on the lower lash line.