MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

on 11/21/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just WOW! This is my HG and I promise, that you can't find any better loose powder on the market!

I cannot describe what it does with my skin, but after putting this powder on, my face looks just flawless and healthy. You don't need to put on a lot. Just a tiny little bit and it does what it promises. It minimizes pores and makes the skin very even.

And the best is, that it didn't break me out at all. On the contrary I think that it helps to improve my acne prone skin, because it gives a mat finish, so that your skin gets less oily during the daytime.

This is absolutely the best product from mac that I have ever tried. Would buy it again and again and again and again. I hope they will never change the formula.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I brought this months ago and never used it because I didn't know how...man what took me so long! I have oily shiny greasy skin (t-zone) and I apply this with a blending brush (I would like to use a better brush) to my nose, cheeks, under eyes and eye lids...I am oil-free for HOURS. Sets make-up well too. I use it over liquid and powder foundation. There is no white powdery cakey look on my NC45 complexion. This MAC product is the truth.org

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

At first this was a seemingly amazing product for me. It instantly seemed to hide my pores and other imperfections, made my skin look and feel velvety smooth. I looked flawless and glowy. But as the day went on I started to feel sort of dissappointed. I thought this would help control shine, but after two hours I was a greasy mess. My crater-like pores were back, and my skin didn't look velvety or glowy anymore. Dissappointing. Already returned it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love. Sets my foundation without looking cakey and doesnt dull or change the finish of whatever foundation I use it over.. Does not look like I have on makeup. With this powder my makeup does not transfer onto my clothing (winter here in NYC, ruined a cream colored scarf with my Studio Tech) or onto my cell phone.

To use and avoid fallout, I turn the container upside down, tap and then turn it back upright. Tap the cover once or twice, then unscrew it and use whatever powder is on the cover. The amount on the cover is enough for my whole face. Using a fluffy face brush, 1 dip on the cover covers one side of my face, and then I swirl the brush in the cover again to pick up the last bit and use it on the other side of my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i took a leap and bought this product, hoping it would become my HG powder. and i LOVE this stuff. i also have he mac MSF natural, and idk why ppl buy that stuff! it gets cakey so easily, it doesn't look particularly natural, and it doesn't do ANYTHING for oil control. but this powder is amazing! it feels so silky and when i put it on my skin, it doesn't feel sticky (from the liquid foundation). it glides on so smoothly, and doesn't give you an ashy white look. it's completely invisible. it hasn't caked up once, and doesn't interfere with the color and texture of the makeup you put on prior. i thought it would be very expensive, but it's actually really cheap for a mac product! ($22). one thing that annoys me though, is the packaging. i'm so afraid to tilt or be rough with it because so much powder would come through the sifter. but i guess if you put tape over half of the holes (which is what i did), it would work. i also like how small the packaging is. i can fit it anywhere.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this stuff! I don't know how I lived without it for so long or why I never tried it sooner! My MA recommended this over my Studio Fix Fluid, and under MSFN and it's amazing! I was using the Allison Rafael transparent powder from Sephora for a few years and the MAC is 1000 times better! I can't even believe it! I live in FL and it's so humid so after few hours my foundation would ALWAYS look shiny before, but this really sets it and it lasts WAY longer and looks nice all day long, even if I am outside!

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with combo to oily skin or who lives in a humid area where you need something to set your foundation. LOVE IT!

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Amazing powder! It really sets my foundation/concealer well and gives me a soft, glowy look. I love this--haven't tried MUFE or any of the other HD powders, so I can't compare them, but this one is absolutely great!

on 12/23/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

For reference, I have hectic skin. It's combination, sensitive and very acne-prone. Cut short, I really like this powder and would definately repurchase.

Anyway. I use my 187 brush to apply this all over my face, 3 swirls in the pot is good enough for me. I'm an NC42-44 and this doesn't leave my face looking white or chalky, so I imagine all skintones could carry this off as it really doesn't leave any traces behind.

Last night I went clubbing for 8 hours, non-stop dancing. It was hot as fire in there! When I went to the toilets to check up on how I was looking, my face had barely oiled up. Honestly! My cheeks/forehead were a little dewy, and my nose was kinda shiny, but no oil spills! Seriously, I was amazed. I have the type of skin that usually oils up in the t zone just driving to my university, yet 8 hours of bumping and grinding in some hot sweaty club and the oil had been kept pretty much under check.

In combination with my blot powder, it makes my makeup last all day aswell. I have long days at university and only wear a TM which isn't known for it's longevity, but with P+P ontop, it lasts all day until I get home.

I don't get any breakouts from it either, even with my incredibly acne-prone skin. I really like this and would recommend it for anyone with oily skin :) Bad sides are, it's expensive and very easy to waste product as the packaging lets loads of the powder be wasted.

on 9/11/2009 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As much as I love the actual product, I REALLY hate the packaging! Every time I use it I manage to make a mess. The powder just FLIES everywhere, which is a pain because I use this every time I put on foundation and concealer, and the price is a bit hefty as well so I wouldn't want to waste any of the precious powder. I wish MAC would modify the packaging and make it easier and neater to handle.

But packaging aside, I love the powder and how it makes my makeup last and last and LAST. I have really oily skin and this powder has this tremendous staying power, foundation concealer and all will still be on at the end of the day. I also use this on my eyelids after I apply my eye makeup, and of course my eye makeup wouldn't budge the whole night. I use Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and it usually runs down a bit to below my eyes, but when I apply MAC's transparent finishing powder, I don't get horrible black circles under my eyes. And I can be using my most smudging mascara and it'd still stay.

So like I said, I love the product, and I think it's worth the price. But I hate the packaging.