4.3

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Bought this powder as the last one I had gave me major flashback in photos and I wanted that wouldn’t. I went into the Mac store and ask for any good setting powders and got recommenders this one as the woman in the store said it gave no flashback paid £18 for it to get home use it and realise it gives off the worst flashback ever to be recorded I’m very disappointed and will definitely not purchase it again

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0

2 years ago

This powder is just OK. I use it a lot because it's cheap. But it's certainly not the best out there. It's pretty good at absorbing oil, but kind of dries out my skin and makes it look very powdery. Also creates flashback in photos with flash and makes me appear super white. I also go through it very quickly. I probably go through a box a month with somewhat regular use, which negates the moderate pricing.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

i used this for years, but i feel like i'm losing my 'youthful glow' and need something a bit more brightening now. if i don't find anything better i will do back to it because it's pretty decent.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

3 years ago

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

3 years ago

Just looked at the reviews from users with dry skin like I have. Guess I'm the odd man out on this. Absolutely hate it and am throwing it out after using it three times. The pros: it's not expensive and is very finely milled. The cons: sucks the very life out of my skin, making it look flat, dry, and lifeless and exaggerating any and every tiny flake in sight.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This is great and it doesnt break me out. However it is extremely expensive, u only get 9 grams. Laura mercier is 29 grams and it costs 400 sek, it is more affordable in the long run. HORRIBLE for pictures with flash, u look crazy white!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Amazing powder - this sets make up really well and gives a wonderful finish, particularly for photos! Transparent too so never looks cakey or affects foundation. You can never apply too much!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy. As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm