Sephora Collection Blotting Papers

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have used these in several scents and am generally happy with how they perform. This is one of the very few Sephora brand products I would recommend, although I shop almost exclusively at Sephora and love all their other product lines. The only thing I don't like (and this is a fairly big problem) is that they're difficult to get out of the envelope they come in and I often end up with three or more sheets. They're hard to push back in, so you need to be careful getting them out.

I feel like a sucker. These are exactly the same as the Clean and Clear sheets and cost twice as much! Great product, but only if you feel like handing $5 to someone! Oh well, at least it got me up to the free shipping amount for Sephora :-(.

These papers work! I have tried several brands and have concluded that "film" type blotting papers sound better than they are. IMO they just don't perform as well. Sephora papers absorb oil and leave a matte finish without powder. I have the yellow kind and can't discern any scent from them. The cardboard packaging is flimsy, but if you keep them in a MU bag or special pocket in your handbag it should be OK. Would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for Sephora Natural Tea Tree Blotting Papers, which I neither like nor recommend for the following reasons:

1. Texture and absorbancy. These blotting papers are very thin and, while they do technically absorb, they are so thin one paper doesn't go far. My t-zone is genuinely oily, especially 1-2 hours after applying sunscreen and I need to use at least 3 of these to even begin taking care of matters.

2. Shape. These are square, rather than the usual rectangle. Who knew using every last inch of a square would be more challenging than doing the same with a rectangle?

3. Packaging. Good luck removing just one of these wafer thin sheets at a time. These come in cardboard package, which takes its cue from origami. The bottom "flap" has a dot of tape on the back and the instructions tell you to remove the tape backing and press the flap against the stack of papers to remove one sheet at a time. This worked at first, then the adhesive wore out.

4. Tea tree. I use a mixture of tea tree diluted with water on my skin every evening, so the thought of tea tree on a blotting paper sucked me in hook-line-and-sinker. What was I thinking? The green tea just gives these an odd scent and no other benefit so far as I can tell.

Unlike others, I do not agree these are a good value for the money ($8/100 sheets). I simply have to use too many at one go for them to be cost effective. If I listen closely, I'm pretty sure I can hear the oil on my face laugh at the sight of these blotting papers. I'll stick with Palladio.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools