OPI Miami Beet

OPI Miami Beet

4.7

on 8/29/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A comparison of some other colors, under a skylight, side by side:

Full Size Image

And by a window:

Full Size Image

Reds can be polarizing. This one is a crowd favorite. it's a red for those who are nervous about red (like me!)

It is a red, yes, but with the perfect touch of a blue, just enough to give it a slight purple-berry-wine-beet color in some lighting. It is very, very flattering. Not too dark to be vampy (like Malaga Wine - which looks terrible on my warm skin). Not bright, or obnoxious, and oddly, doesn't scream "red", either. It is a very rich, saturated, classy color. Somehow, it stands on a fence of red, berry, and who-knows-what-else. Indoors: it's more reddish; outdoors: I see the purplish tone in it a little more.

I wear this year round, too. Oh, and it goes with everything. Some/most reds clash with your wardrobe. Not this one! And I really think it could look good on all skin tones, and all ages, too. I love this color, because it's so pretty and versatile. Kinda vixen, too.

Formula is self leveling, one coater, even though I always apply 2 coats. Thick, but not gloopy. Doesn't stain me after removal, either. Big Plus. Always deep, rich, and shiny. But I use Seche Vite base coat and top coat, so that helps. Chip resistant.

I've gone through a whole bottle, and I love it more each time I wear it. Yes, will repurchase (when on sale and with a coupon, of course). Five lippies. One of my favorites, and I'm glad it's a part of the permanent collection, and easily available.

on 11/9/2015 8:49:00 PM

This is one of my favorite colors. I am medium skin olive skin color and it looks great on me. I have already run out of my first one and have not had any money to buy a new one. I just got a new job and I am planning to buy another Miami Beet and Feelin' Hot Hot Hot and Modern Girl if I can find it.

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I LOVEEE THIS COLOR! It certainly is one of the best of Opi nail polishes and I would recommend to everyone. It is highly pigmented and lasts well on the nails. I would definitely buy it again.

on 7/23/2015 11:14:00 PM

Miami Beet applies like a dream and lasts longer than most of my other OPIs - over a week without chipping. It is a beautiful deep red-purple-burgundy colour. It reaches opacity in two coats and is very shiny. The formula is perfect and this is definitely one of my Top 5 OPI colours!

on 7/11/2015 9:23:00 PM

From OPI's South Beach Collection for Spring 2009, Miami Beet is a deep purplish-red creme. Gorgeous shade. Reminds me of Manicurist of Seville but it's a little bit darker. Looks amazing on the nail, this is one of my favorite OPI's.

Excellent formula. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.
I love this one and I'd definitely buy it again.

I love this color. It's perfect for those days when red is too bright and the deep reds are too dark. It's a perfect in between color. I use too coats but the color payoff is good enough for one!!

This is one of my HG nail polishes. The colour is a deep, beet colour, more red than purple and has an incredible shine which lasts for days on both fingers and toes - even without topcoat! Application is a breeze, opacity in one coat, though I would recommend two for extra shine and durability. This colour is very Autumnal though I for one will be wearing it all year round as it is very classy and, in my opinion, work appropriate. It dries very quickly as well due to the fact that the formula is quite thin. I cannot speak highly enough of this polish. It suits my NC20 skin perfectly. The brush is quite wide meaning I can use one stroke per nail (I have quite skinny nails). I would recommend this for anyone looking for a red, for an Autumn/Winter colour, for office appropriate polish or anyone who has never tried OPI before. In fact, I recommend this to everyone! 5 out of 5!

on 5/17/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This color is definetely dead on!!!! I mean this nail varnish makes hands look so glamorous, and accesorize every everyday outfit! I love the texture which is not always the case with OPI's nail varnish. & for my dark skin ladies, this is so flattering on our skin tones!!!!!
Once I ran out of it, I will be on the cashier on the same day purchasing again!

on 2/18/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

The name is dead-on - a nice beet color, pinkish red with slight blue undertones. Looks nice on my NC30-35 skin in winter. I like it more in fall and winter than in summer. It's a nice change to my usual burgundy reds without being too out there.

Quality is as with most OPIs. It's opaque in two coats. I get chips after two days, but I get that with all polishes, no exception (so far). I'd pay a fortune for OPI in Switzerland (where I live) - but I buy my polishes at Chinese beauty supply stores in the US (as I'm there frequently). There, I pay 5$ per bottle, which is totally fine. Would also pay regular retail of 9$ for this.

on 1/21/2013 9:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this several years ago and remember not being all that thrilled with it. I thought maybe it was because it was summertime and the shade is more fall and wintery. I put it on again last night to give it another chance and it may just be that it doesn't agree with my skintone but it looks "off". The formula is smooth and opaque in 2 coats, I just do not like the shade and will be giving this one to my stepdaughter who is more cool toned.

Popular Polishes