Eyeko Vamp Polish

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This navy blue (almost black) cream polish is such a beautiful colour. I do agree that the consistency is a little bit thick, but it was very shiny and you could easily get away with not using a top coat. I wash my hands constantly so all nail polish chips on me within 3 days tops.
I also own the red colour Hot Hot Hot! and it's consistency and quality is almost exactly like Vamp.
Overall given the price around $5 (3 quid) for 10ml I think it's worth it and would definitely purchase more polish from them. I just ordered their new shades so I'll let you know if the quality is any different.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm going to start with the packaging, because everyone who is familiar with eyeko products knows the packaging is really really cute! I'd read a review about these nail polishes before saying because the lid is quite small that it was hard to apply but i didn't have that much trouble, though i do prefer the normal bigger lids.
I got this for 1.99 in Superdrug (I think it was on promo) because i was looking for a nice dark dark blue navy cream, and saw this and was like hmm I'll try. The colour in the bottle is gorgeous, unfortunately it doesn't come out like that on my nails surprisingly. On the first coat it is the perfect blue colour i want, but it applies unevenly, though when I'm on my second coat, it totally evens up but darkens so so much you can hardly tell its dark blue. It really just looks black, and I'm not much of a black polish person, I don't know why just doesn't seem to match my skin tone(asian tan).
Also, even though i have topcoat it doesn't last very long, starts to chip and there is tip wear the next day. So not that pleased, I am gonna try the lighter blue pastel shade because it looks really nice for summer, will do a review on that.

I'll be honest, part of the reason why I bought this is because of how cute the bottle looked. I love dark colours and this polish does deliver. It's a very dark navy blue, almost black. This is a creme with no shimmer in it. The actual quality of the polish is so-so. It doesn't really last long and chips quite easily...I used base coat and top coat too! The consistency is a tad thick, making it difficult to apply and the brush is only ok. Although the bottle is uber cute, the downfall is that the cap isn't the easiest to hold when painting and the opening of the bottle is rather large. I would repurchase however because it's rather cheap, ~$6.

Popular Polishes