CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup SPF 15

CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup SPF 15
Even Better Makeup SPF 15Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 1/30/2019 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I should have waited until the weekend to review this, when I've applied and seen it in natural daylight, but I was so impressed by my first application this morning that I couldn't wait!
I rarely wear foundation but have been trying out some old samples recently - an extra layer of skin protection in cold weather can't hurt.

I liked Clinique's Beyond Perfecting (BP) but my heavy handed application yesterday made me look for a lighter option. I went to my local Boots and got an Even Better sample in my shade, Golden Neutral.

First thing I noticed is it's actually a lighter shade than the BP but is an even better match to my skin and made me look fresh and glowing. It's lighter in texture and blended easily and quickly over my skin. One reason I don't wear foundation often is that it often makes my pores look worse but this didn't - just amazingly smooth.

Looked great all day and when I checked at the end of the day it didn't look as if it had obviously broken up or worn off (I'd set it with Clinique Invisible Blend loose powder).

I'll give this the daylight test at the weekend to make sure but this is a foundation that I'll probably buy and use regularly. The best I have tried for a long time (love The Ordinary serum foundation for summer).

Update 05/02/2019; tried this again at the weekend in natural daylight. Beautiful natural finish again, but I thought the Golden Neutral was a tiny bit too light (my sister said it looked fine). Lesson learned - the same shade in a different formula won't necessarily look the same. I've tried Even Better Glow in Oat which is even better, pardon the pun - I'll post a review.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have mixed feeling about this foundation but they are generally positive. I bought this recently because I have been reacting really badly around my eye area to other foundations and know Clinique foundations are meant to be good for sensitive skin.

Pros
Gives good coverage, it evens out my skin tone nicely and covers blemishes.
Has a lovely finish, I always used to wear matte foundations because I have oily skin but this has more of natural finish and I think it makes me look healthier.
It generally stays in place all day which I’m impressed with and it doesn’t look too oily and greasy.
When I take it off at the end of the day I think my skin looks nice and healthy.
I like the packaging, I'm not a fan of glass bottles that are heavy to carry round.

Cons
I was finding it quite difficult to apply at first because I’m used to using a brush but I find it goes on and blends much better if I just use my fingers. It took far too long using a brush and I was getting through a lot of product because it doesn’t spread easily.
For some reason it does come off my nose over the course of the day even though it stays everywhere else.
I’m wondering whether it oxidises, I think my face looks slightly more orange at the end of the day but not dramatically so.

Overall I like it and I think I will purchase again. I think the finish of the foundation is it’s real perk, a nice healthy natural glow while still being relatively matte.

on 10/1/2018 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ótimo

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recently discovered I'd run out of my Juice Beauty CC cream, panicked and rushed over to the nearest Clinique counter on my lunch break to find a match for me (I'm Mac NC42). In the end the SA settled on two shades: Butterscotch and Tawny, neither of which were the right color for me. I had to settle for a constantly evolving, odd-looking skin tone for a few days until after a couple more trips we found the right match. Phew! Isn't it madness how foundation can look right in store lighting yet so different in other lighting conditions?!

Anyhow long story short, as a foundation it works really well. Coverage was medium but buildable and without using a primer beforehand or setting powder after, it still stayed put from 8AM in the morning until 5.30PM when I got in from work. One of the downsides is that on oilier areas like my t-zone, especially on hotter days, it didn't last as long as it did on my u-zone. My pores became fairly visible within a few hours, still considering the absence of primer this was good going. But perhaps most surprisingly - when I washed it off at night, my skin tone looked brighter than it had before applying, specifically I guess down to the Vit C, Grapefruit extract etc in here, making this not just a foundation but a 'Treatment foundation' if ever there was such a thing!
Only the inclusion of sillicones prevented me from giving it a full 5 lippies as I wouldn't be able to use everyday due to the breakout they cause me, otherwise a great product.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I created this account just to review this foundation because I love it so much and it has been my HG ever since I bought it 3 months ago.

My skin is acne prone, sensitive and very very dry in my cheeks, chin and around my mouth. However, I have an oily forehead with quite a few closed comodones. This foundation feels very lightweight on my skin, does not cause discomfort, does not have any unpleasant smells, does not break me out at all and when I take it off at the end, I feel like my skin looks better than it did in the morning before putting it on. My skin is light (not too pale) and quite neutral. I'm a CN 28 (ivory) in this and it is my perfect match, not too yellow or pink. I don't find this oxidizing on my skin. This evens out your skin tone and provides light-medium (buildable) coverage while providing a "lit from withtin" glow dewy finish (not greasy). It does not accentuate my pores or fine lines and does not grab onto flaky skin. Does not look cakey or heavy and looks like real skin.

I use it with the ELF Mineral Infused Primer and I do a light dusting of powder on my whole face and especially T-Zone to set it. Products such as bronzer, highlighter and blush blend beautifully over this foundation. Packaging is great as it's a squeeze tube which I find easy to use and hygienic. I find the price very reasonable as I have had it for 3 months and I've been using it everyday and I still have almost half a bottle.

I took off a lippie as the wear time is not the longest, for me it lasts about 8-9 hours and it does transfer a little bit, although for people with oilier skin this might not work at all. It does fade away gracefully though. Wear time could possibly be extended with more powder, by blotting excess oil and with a setting spray.

TIP: I apply this first with a flat foundation brush to maximize coverage and then blend into the skin with a beauty blender. If an area of my face needs more coverage, I'll apply a second layer with a brush again and then blend it with the sponge.

on 2/21/2018 3:21:00 PM

I love how this looks on my skin. It does what it says - makes it look even better. It doesn’t look like a mask and has a natural/dewy finish. I tried using a brush and a BB but they didn’t work as well as applying with my fingers works for me. I use it under my eyes and applying mu to my whole face takes under a minute. I took off a lippie because it needs to be touched up after 8 hours.

on 11/15/2017 1:34:00 AM

Finally found my shade after 5 different sample which I’d golden neutral. Not really loving it. At first I thought it was just the shade selection but starting to realize maybe it is just the foundation itself. Tends to age me a bit and it does settle into my fine lines. I wore golden neutral a few days ago and thought it may work but today it looks horrible. Transfers onto anything and gets oily. I wanted so much to love this but not going to happen. I love Clinique moisturizers and facial cleansers but afraid iam going to pass on yet another Classic inquest foundation. And BTY the Even Better Glow was even worse for me. Disappointing but will always love the all about eyes and there yellow gel moisturizer!!!!!

on 10/8/2017 2:23:00 PM

This is a light to medium coverage foundation.If you have blemishes that you want to cover, chose something else.If you have skin that lacks freshness with uneven tones and pores(like me)give this a try!It makes the skin look really fresh and shimmering without being dewy(I avoid dewy foundations cause they make my skin look like it is oily), you feel it very light and it gives a very natural result, but definitely so good that you can use it even for a night out make up.The duration is so so, it started melted on my face after 4 hours(but I didn't use primer or powder).What is impressive is that my blush and highlighter looked so much better on it, than on my previous foundation which was Matt and heavy.I would try other similar products but this doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it again.

This review is based on the first time I used the product today. I totally loved the effect on my skin, and where I normally need to blot (when I use other foundations), I haven't felt the need to do so for this foundation. Gives my skin a matte effect but with a slight glow (but not shiny, if you know what I mean). It says it has skin caring properties, which I hope are true. I will continue to check and will revise my review here if needed. I just love its effect on my aging skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This foundation continually surprises me. Finding foundations that work for my skin is an impossible challenge. As someone who has olive skin with neutral undertones and skin that's very sensitive and eczema prone finding a foundation that fits the bill is nearly impossible. I got tested for this foundation when I was in high school and 3 years later is still my go to.

This range has so many colours that suit any where from pink to neutral and even dark skin. It helps to even out any pigmentation and red spots which is always a plus. This foundation is probably about a medium coverage but it is buildable. If you want a light coverage mix a little bit of this with your favourite moisturiser and it will be like a BB cream.

You can use this foundation with a brush or a sponge and it blends so nicely! Whenever my skin is dry or sensitive, I just apply a moisturiser or serum before applying and voila! It looks beautiful, dewy and natural. For every day use I usually just stick to the foundation itself, but for night time/events I will usually use a powder to set it in place.

Long story short, I love this foundation. I've tried to steer away from it and try new and exciting foundations but I always come back to this because it WORKS. If you have sensitive skin, or find it hard to find shades seriously go and get a sample and try it out. It might just be what you're looking for.