4.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Just picked this up as a Christmas gift for myself. I remember when this gloss used to be popular in the mind 2000’s and it’s a pretty gloss. The formula is thin but plush and not sticky like the lipglasses. The color is really pretty and reminds me of NARS Turkish delight. The only thing that’s kinda negative is the price at $22 *edit* Won’t repurchase this since the gloss formula feels oily and greasy and thin.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

The color is a nude milky pink with a bit of peach that makes my lips look innocent but also sexy. Its not so opaque that it will erase the lips but it just adds a very beautiful shine while enhancing the look of your natural lip color, Sort of looks like if i drank lots of water. Easy to wear and does not wash me out(nc20 c1). I much prefer this to the sticky/goopey Prrr Lipglass, its a lot more comfortable and moisturizing than the other glosses ive tried(ex. glossier, nars). I would pair this gloss with a smokey eye or if i simply want a healthy nude plumped lips, it works without heavy makeup also! (Unlike Prrr). Itll work with pretty much any liner and lipstick that are nude. The only down side is the price and you get less product than a regular lipglass. I wouldnt repurchase because other formula and color are easily dupeable but Its no doubt a pretty color and will remain my fav mac lip gloss texture of all time! I also wish this lasts longer on the lips, since its so comfy and lightweight it dissapears very fast. Dupes for boy bait - +buxom white russian without the plumping, less sticky and much better smell. I looove how mac lip products smell of sweet waffles. +Colourpop fairyfloss is a close dupe also but boy bait is less milky and more flattering +Nyx fortune cookie butter gloss. This is identical to fairyfloss If you want a cheaper alternative, those are petty close.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Such a pretty pink colour with a shine that is not at all sticky. I wear this in different ways. My favourites: Whirl lip liner, Myth lipstick and this on top. Whirl lip liner, Modesty lipstick and this on top. It smells so pretty and feels slightly lighter than Lipglass, which is more sticky.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Boy Bait is in my top 10 most versatile products list. The MAC Cremesheen formula might be my favorite for gloss: perfect texture (right in between too slick and too sticky), long-lasting (for a gloss), nice smell, sleek packaging, etc etc...everything about it is excellent. This color is extremely sheer. In the tube it looks like a light pinky beige, but I have pigmented lips and it basically looks like clear gloss on me. I would not hate it if it were a touch more opaque tbh. (Those of you with unpigmented or pale lips - get this.) I still love it though. It's just that one thing you keep in your bag to slick on in a hurry: always dependable, always makes you look better, good for any situation. How I use this: on its own, Boy Bait coats your lips in milky shine, not the gross kind, just a moist, plump, illuminated halo for your lips. I know I said it basically looks like clear gloss, but no clear gloss ever made my lips look this good! Over a tiny bit of concealer, it will give you the perfect low-maintenance nude glossy lip. It looks incredible over lipstick - nudes especially, but over pinks and corals, it will lighten the color a notch and make everything look shiny and smooth without ruining your lip look. I love using it over stains. They might be discontinuing this :(

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I LOVE Boy Bait!!! It's a beautiful color.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Georgeous paired with pinky beige toned lipsticks. I love using MAC Brave then putting this on top. It looks amazing. I would never consider wearing this alone since its a pale shade with little color. I would repurchase it in the future.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

6 years ago

I'm OBSESSED, no seriously need to go to rehab for this lipgloss. That's how much I love it. I love how NARS' Belle du Jour's lipstick was a beautiful nude color, but I was looking for more of a sheer gloss to pour on my pout. I stopped in to the MAC counter and tried on several regular Glass colors but they all were super sticky and very opaque messes. Not my cuppa. So I tried on Boy Bait and was instantly hooked. The texture is heavenly...sheer, never sticky, never "goopy". The taste is perfect, a slight vanilla scent and taste but never overpowering! The color is what got me. It's a beautiful sheer nude, just the right amount of color without looking like you're wearing concealer on your lips. It has a very very slight pink to it which makes my whole face glow. It's absolutely perfect. I bought my first tube in February and just bought my second last weekend after scrapping the bottom of the tube with very sad results! Seriously this stuff is amazing.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

Absolutely love Boy Bait ..... the Cremesheen formula is my favorite (great shine and long-lasting and looks natural.) On my Boy Bait does not give much of a color, however, what I adore about it, is that it makes my lips look plump and gives enough shine that looks natural and not plastic or sticky. This looks great alone (I have used Boy Bait with both natural and smoky looks and it works with both.) This also looks great paired with other nude lipsticks if you need more color ...... today I am wearing a smoky eye and used Buxom's Nudist lipstick with Boy Bait over and my lips looks great with this pairing. This is one of my favorite lipglosses as I can use it alone or mixed with others ...... Boy Bait will always be kept in stock with me.

About reviewer (457 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

I usually don't buy high end lip glosses but I needed a good nude color. I bought the Mac Crèmesheen Glass in color Boy Bait which is a light nude pinkish color. It was the best shade ever, it is hard for me to find anything that looks good on my lips and this gloss is by far my favorite.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

So this would be the one Cremesheen Glass I WOULD purchase at full retail price....I love everything about it and I wear it on a regular basis. MAC's website describes this as a "light neutral beige with pearl." Personally I have to look hard to see the "pearl" aspect of the color and I see slightly warmer, peachy undertones in the tube and on the back of my hand when I swatch it. However, on my lips it's a gorgeous, milky, nude beige color. I love the creaminess of the formula, I don't have to apply lip balm or primer underneath which is nice. The wear is average, just like any other gloss you have to reapply every hour or two but I don't mind, you really don't need to much product to get a nice coverage. I did take off two lippies for the price because at $20 it IS very expensive. Fortunately I only paid $13 for mine at my local CCO...I'd better stock up!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age36-43