Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

3.4

Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Glycerin, Iron Oxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Water, Beeswax*, Jojoba Esters, Tapioca Starch*, Copernicia Cerifera Carnuba) Wax*, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Cellulose Gum, Cinnamic Acid, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract*, Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil*, Hydrolyzed Oryza Sativa (Rice) Protein, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 9/19/2017 7:11:00 PM

This is a great mascara. I have used and loved Great Lash for over 10 years but lately it's been leaving my lashes crunchy and falling out. I decided to try this hoping a less synthetic formula would be gentler without sacrificing the resulting lash look too much, and I'm very happy with it.

The pigmentation is solid, a soft true black shade. The wand is a rubber/plastic (which I normally shy away from in favor of big bristle brushes) with short stubby "bristles" that works really well with the formula. Grabs and coats every lash without a lot of effort, and no gunk. The formula is buildable with little to no clumping or crumbling. Resulting lash look is darker, longer, and thicker than natural lashes - but definitely still a natural, not false, lash look overall. Decent for holding curl and not at all crunchy. Lasts 8+ hours without fading, smearing or flaking. Washes off easily without necessitating remover.

Packaging/tube is a bit cheesy but whatever, the mascara within is what matters! Runs standard cost for drugstore (about $8) which is fair. I have a new go-to and I definitely recommend it.

UPDATE: 2 weeks later and the mascara became really dry. Lots of crumbles when applying and it couldn't be built up anymore without effort. Further, my eye started becoming irritated and this was the only part of my routine that changed. Tossed it.

ive bought this twice already and will most likely buy it again after making my way thru my current mascara collection. i like that it is natural, although other formulas do not irritate me. tbh i couldn't really tell you the difference between a voluminous versus a lengthening mascara. all i really look for is that, it doesn't clump, is easy to remove and is long lasting, im fine with either lengthening or volumizing

I've tried many mascaras but I always return to this one. It's of natural origin and it reasonably priced. It's not without quirks, however. It takes longer than average to dry, and if you close your eyes too soon, it will smudge. I've not noticed a lot of flakes, but there are a couple tiny ones here and there. I get flakes with most mascaras, though. Nevertheless, out of all the mascaras I've used, this one is the best in my opinion. I never have to worry about eye irritants or lash damage. I highly recommend it!

on 1/6/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only used this mascara a few times as it dried out SO quickly. It separated my lashes very nicely but smudged and flaked under my eyes, even though I only applied it to my top lashes.

on 6/29/2017 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have super sensitive eyes. This only started about a year ago. If I wear just any ole mascara my eyes get irritated and will hurt for days afterward. I will get headaches behind my eyes and all that. So I needed to switch to something hypoallergenic and this one is organic also. Plus, the tube is so cute.
I'm loving this! It gives me volume and length and holds a curl. BUT it doesn't give curl, so make certain your lashes are curled to were you want them before applying. The brush is easy to use and coats well. You can easily apply multiple coats. It has minimal clumping and I haven't noticed flaking.
I'm also not experiencing any smudging under my eyes like other reviewers. And it comes off with water & soap.
Also, this is about $10 but usually rite aid and other drugstores always have BOGO sales on physicians formula so really its $5

I liked how this applied and looked (I don't like very dramatic mascaras) but in the winter-time here in Canada, my eyes get far too teary to make this a viable option. It literally ran down my cheeks. To be fair, I usually use waterproof mascara's. Wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to give Physicians' Formula mascara another try after seeing a positive mention of this one on Lisa Eldridge's blog. Unfortunately, this mascara was another fail for me. I was happy with the applicator and how it applied. I was fine with how it separated and defined my naturally blond/invisible lashes. (The package claims "5x lash boosting." Nope.) The bummer was that within an hour of application, I had horrible raccoon eyes. It didn't flake, it just transferred in a perfect semi-circle of black smudge under my eyes. Even powdering under my eyes didn't prevent product transfer. I'm officially giving up on Physician Formula mascaras.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Luv it. So natural very nourishing, and it works for me. I wore it to a wedding people asked me if they were fake lashes, so this is a good physicians formula product deal I purchased last week. I have the green tube ones, I like how it looks like a leaf, good and shiny packaging, threres no clumps or much smudging as I have watery eyes at times which is very good news, I only bad a few costs on, I don't need much, I like the organic and mineral makeup, I'm the au natural kinda gurl. I also like the Argan Oil macaras from this line physicians formula, and the packaging, their pearls bronzers, eyeshadows, lip potion lip glosses, and more

on 11/9/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought it again despite the formula from 2 years ago being too flaky and I'm pleasantly surprised; I like that I can recycle the brush, they do not test on animals, it stays on, it curls well, it is buildable and that it no longer flakes and falls into my eyes. I think I will be alternating between this and ELF.

Pros:
- Doesn't irritate eyes
- All natural
- holds curl
- the brush is small enough too coat the baby hairs

Cons:
- little volume even after layering coat after coat
- no lengthening at all
- smudges

I'd probably buy it and wear it again during my first pregnancy since it's natural but I wouldn't use it for normal use.