wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils

2.2

Price: $

Price: $

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Esters, BHT, Propylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850)

on 4/12/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I bought this because I loved the color but was quickly disappointed when it creased only a few minutes after I applied it. Save your money and don't buy this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wow, i love these little cream pencils but i guess if you go into thinking these are just like say the NYX Jumbo Pencils, then you will prob be disappointed but overall, im pleased w/ them. I wish they'd make more of these esp in more neutral colors.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Idol Eyes Creme Pencils are available wherever your WNW products are sold. Typically can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as some Walmarts.- it will depend on your area. The price is AWESOME- these pencils will only cost you $1.99. the price is great esp considering how much product you go. Price will also vary slightly depending on location, sales, discounts, coupons.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Techno is a duo chromatic dark blue purple. It will be a bit more sheer/lighter in color once applied to the lids compared to what it looks like in stick form. Its still a gorgeous color nonetheless. It flashes purple to blue in different lighting. The formula of these is a tad off but nothing so bad that i cannot use them. Comparing these to Jumbo Pencils, these are more on the slippy waxy side as to the more dry/cream to powder finish i get w/ the NYX. If you have more normal to dry lids like myself, these are really good overall. These apply well straight to the lids w/ the pencil or even w/ fingers or brushes. I normally use the pencil & draw a few lines & then blend out w/ finger or brush to form a THIN LAYER. if you try to build up the color- it will def become a crease factory. I suggests PRIMER as well under these- esp if you have oily lids. I always use primer even w/ cream shadow bases since they can crease alone. These are great cream shadows. They work great as bases to use under shadows. If you dont want to change the color of the pencil itself, maybe a little dusting of face powder will make a difference. Alone w/ no primer or setting these, it will most def crease quickly. Ive never used them that way but w/ a primer underneath & setting w/ powder, these actually help my shadows stay put for hours as well as help w/ creasing of shadows & w/ vibrancy & pigmentation. It will help absorb any oils from breaking through. I think this make great bases & Techno is fabulous for the purple or gray looks. Its my favorite combo- either a gray or purple base w/ a gray or purple shadow, its my own little taupe concoction. Techno is such a unique color as well on its own. Too bad it goes on sheerer than id like but i still use it alot. I think these are a great find for those who like the Revlon Creme Illuminance shadows- they are similiar to those. These pencils are cheap & work!! (if you are into more neutral colors, id def suggests picking up PIXIE, its a gorgeous color, i posted a photo w/ my review after i depotted it, its my go to base of the moment & probably forever)
=PACKAGING=
The WNW Idol Eyes Creme Pencils are somewhat similiar to the NYX pencils meaning they come in a hard plastic wooden pencil. These are unsharpenable? i know its not a word. The shadow itself is somewhat loose so that you dont have to sharpen them, the product/shadow will slide down w/ use. I dont like it, but it does make it more practical since you dont have to sharpen them w/ a special one. But i have to say depotting them (i take off the plastic cap at the top & scrape out all the creme.) but these are a pain just like the NYX pencils. I can deal w/ it since theyre half the price of NYX. Im sure all the methods apply to these of depotting as well. The pencils are colored according to the color of the actual pencil so it makes it nice to decipher between all the pencils if you have more than 1. easy to find in my drawers. Metallic silver logo-labeling. The pencils are short, about the size of my hand so about 5-6 inches. There have 0.11oz so it is a decent amount of product. I like the small compact pencil so it does travel well. There is a clear plastic lid that fits tight so it wont dry out quickly. I wish they made the pencil itself either softer or make them mechanical so that we can sharpen them or not. I know these are super convienent for those who want something simple & easy to use & pencils like this are it.
Overall, these WNW Creme Pencils are a great affordable cream shadow pencil that are easy to use & perform great! i like them & i can see why some people dont but i havent had anything but good results from them. I will continue to use em, buy them, & hope they come out w/ more colors & perfect the formula a bit!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 3 of these Idol Eyes pencils as a gift for my sister because all the NYX JEPs I wanted to get here were sold out. Unlike the JEPs, these are absolute TRASH. These are my first ever 1 star ratings, and I have never been this disappointed in a product. I got them for 40% off so $1.19 each but I still went back to return these, which I rarely do, just because they were THAT bad.

I swatched these on my hand and they left a huge greasy mess. The product itself never set meaning that it always stayed creamy. This color not as pigmented as the blue shade, but that doesn't even matter because it just smeared horribly anyways. These are a huge fail by WnW and stay FAR FAR FAARRR away from these!!!

on 7/10/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I picked up both "Techno" and the black creme colored pencil in "Graphite" hoping that they would become good cheap bases for my eye shadows. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much.

Damn I hate being right.

For starters, these suckers are hard to apply. And they don't go on very smoothly, either. I had to drag these pencils across my lids like a cat being hauled into a bath tub, clinging desperately onto the carpet for salvation.

Yes. They were that bad.

But ohhh, boy. It gets better. Trust me.

The tip of the iceburg was when the color came right off, like two or three minutes after applying. It didn't stay on very long. At all.

Even with my liquid foundation and face powder combo (Tammy Fay Baker, anyone?), not to mention my powdered eye shadows that I had plied on top, these creme pencils came right off in mere seconds. In this hideous phase of the color dispersing, I also noticed how creased and wrinkly my lids suddenly looked.

Needless to say, I threw them into the garbage can. Some Wet'n'Wild products never 'crease' to amaze me. Hahaha. Get it?

Yeah I hate me too.

continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was pleasantly surprised by this product... especially coming from a brand that I generally think of as makeup for 12 year old's playing dress up (no offense!). It stayed on GREAT! I use a primer on my eyes before putting it on, and then dust some sheer eye shadow over it. I've never had a problem with creasing or wearing out, but then again I only use it on my lid or as liner. I'm gonna go get some more colors now that I know it works so well

on 1/22/2010 4:46:00 PM

this looked so pretty, i had to try it. it was only $1.50 at walgreens. unfortunately it's too greasy to use as an eyeshadow. it smudges off and creases almost instantly. works ok as an eyeliner, but i prefer thin eyeliner pencils. you have to constantly reapply. total crap. i'm considering throwing it away.