Cellex-C Advanced-C Serum

3.0

Water (Aqua), Ascorbic Acid, Acetyl Tyrosine, Zinc Sulfate, Glycine, Grape Skin (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bioflavanoids.

on 4/28/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I started using this specific serum right when it came out to the market about 18 years ago (i think it was around 1998).

i am a 48 year old mother of four Skin care junkie from israel.
i have semi-oily skin which is in an amazing condition for my age (with all modesty lol).
i have no wrinkle...no fine lines (at the exeption of some fine lines under my eyes when i smile)...and no age\sun spots.
and i have to thank this product (along with a few other staples in my skin care routine) that contributed to the excellent state my skin is at my age.
i always get compliments on my skin and this product has alot to do with the glow i feel my skin has.

every once and a while i would have the urge to try the "new best thing" but ALWAYS end up coming back.

over the years i have tried almost ALL vit-c serums.
i tried skinceuticals,skinmedica,obagi (also the Rx line),IS Cinical,PTR,Jan marini,Vivier,Etc...
you name it,i tried it!

I tried the Obagi vitamin C serum.
I liked it but never felt it was all that amazing.

i tried the very popular "c-e-furulic" by skinceuticals and HATED it.
it was oily,it smelt like bad hot dogs and i just disliked it very much.
(BTW: the founder of the skinceuticals line used to be a partner of cellex-c back in the 80's)

then i tried skinmedica's version of vit-c thats called "c+e complex" , which the form of vit-c in it is called "Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate" (instead of "L-ascorbic acid" which Is the vit-c source of the other two serums i listed prior to this).
anyway this complex made me brake out so much,
it was a disaster!

i also tried the version of dr' dennis gross vit-c serum which was fine but i felt it didnt make any change.
so that was nor a hit or a miss for me.

then i moved on to try arden's "Privage" line of serums....
anyway you get the picture lol

then a few years ago i decided to stop my search because i realized that This is THE BEST vit-c serum on the market.
this stuff is amazing.

it is the only (vit-c) product that makes a HUGE difference on my skin.
It makes it smoother, tighter and gives such a beautiful glow!.
and what i also love about it is that it is thin as water! no oily residue or nothing.
once you apply to the skin you get an amazing glow but no heavy oily feel at all.

I don't know what's in it that makes this so different but it is.
cellex-c are the really the true pioneers in vitamin-c skin formulations and that they have a track record of almost 30 years in these formulas of vit-c serums.

this serum's patented "delivery mechanism" is what makes all the difference in the world (compared to other serums).
its important to understand that not all vitamin-c serums are equal (and no...a higer percentage of L-ascorbic is NOT what makes a vit-c serum more powerfull or superior).

in order for a vit-c serum to do its magic, it needs to have (first and foremost) a SUPERB "delivery mechanism".
that delivery system will take the L-ascorbic acid Deep into the skin.
and thats exactly why i think this Cellex-c serum is Superior to all others.

listin.....dont expect "Miricales".
a great vit-c serum is only ONE "super weapon" in the battle against wrinkles.
it is only one (but an important one) of a few crucial "superstars" that fight aging skin.
but for me....Advanced-C Serum really is the best of them all.

use this serum in conjunction with the "cellex c hydra b5 complex".
just put on the c serum first and follow with 1-2 drops of the b5 complex.

also, have a really good skincare routine,
a routine which consists of retin-a OR retinol at night along with a good peptide serum underneath (such as Skinmedica tns essential serum OR jan marini peptide extreme serum),

a good Alpha-Hydroxy Acid based cream or lotion in the day time above the vit-c serum (such as "neostrata face cream plus aha 15")

and DO NOT (and urge you to not forget!) about a good high Spf sunscreen.
(i use "la mer the broad spectrum spf 50 uv protecting fluid").

if you do those things...you are on the highest road (that skincare can provide) in the battle against aging.

good luck guys.
sarai from israel.

on 1/12/2016 3:00:00 PM

This serum is amazing! Simply put, it's made my skin smoother and brighter. I use it every morning (two drops) followed by a drop of cellex-c hydra 5 b complex, which helps with absorption. It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky at all. Maybe just a slight tingle at first. Pleasant smell too. It's pricey, but you can also buy the starter kit size. Anyone giving this product 1-star is crazy. This is known to be one of *the best* vitamin c serums on the market and for very good reason. Highly recommend for glowing skin!

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/3/2014 5:28:00 PM

DESERT ISLAND PRODUCT! If I could only take one beauty or cosmetic product of any kind to a desert island, Cellex-C Advanced C is it! It does everything - clears acne, brightens, tightens, eliminates wrinkles and lines, and is NOT GREASY! It goes well under make up, primer, and sunscreen, and you can't say that about Obagi or Skinceuticals. I've tried them but I have been using this since 2001, and people think I am at least 10 years younger than I really am. I won't repeat the great things other reviewers said... this stuff is FANTASTIC! However, no one has mentioned this: If you put a couple drops on a new sun burn after showering, the burn basically disappears. It is amazing! Try it!!!

on 10/29/2011 10:03:00 PM

This is stable C-serum formulationand not as pricey as the other serums Believe me when I say I've tried many others.I've seen faster and better resultswith Cellex than Skinceticals and Obagi C serums. .

on 7/7/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only formulation with tyrosine and zinc with vit c--and patented so can not be duplicated. without tyrosine, vit c can not go deep enough to stimulate collagen remarkably. i recommend this wholeheartedly over skinceuticals, obagi and skinmedica etc. the advanced series has hydrolyzed vit c so collagen is produced faster than the original series plus it is choke full of super potent antioxidants. this product erased lines on my face--but be patient it takes at least 4 months to see results. so, while you can get brightening from other vit c out there, nothing plumps and lifts like cellex-c

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I've been a user for 5 + years and it has NEVER failed me. Yes, in the beginning, it irritated my skin, but after continual use....my face acclimated. Rosy, luminous, clear, acne free, oil-free, soft and smooth is what describes my face.

My skin has NEVER looked so good. Never. My skin feels and looks better now that I'm 33 than when I was in my early 20's.

Don't forget Hydra B5 and sunscreen.

on 6/20/2010 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought the Advanced-C serum after using the High Potency which I really liked, because I felt the High Potency exfoliated without making my skin pigmentation worse which alpha hydroxy acids do for my skin. I hoped that the Advance-C serum, having a higher percentage of vitamin C, would benefit my skin even more. However, it irritated my skin too much so I ended up diluting it it with water to use it up. I really don't like the dropper, because I frequently spill the liquid onto the floor or the sink by accident and waste the expensive product.

on 10/25/2009 9:44:00 AM

Quite simply a waste of money. Meant to review awhile ago. Did nothing at all. Don't throw your money away. Stay clear of this product.

on 11/22/2008 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this on a whim cause it was on sale after using Skinceuticals C+E ferulic. The Skinceuticals made my broken caps less noticeable and evened out my tone and moisturized and made my wrinkles less deep and this did nothing at all. In fact, I feel that it reversed the progress I had made. Cannot say enough negative things about this serum. Run, don't walk, to buy the C+E Ferulic.

on 10/16/2008 1:30:00 PM

Agree with all the negative reviews here. Waste of money. I honestly tried it for 3 months. NO change in my skin or pigmentation what so ever!