Cellex-C Advanced-C Serum

No Image

3.0

Water (Aqua), Ascorbic Acid, Acetyl Tyrosine, Zinc Sulfate, Glycine, Grape Skin (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bioflavanoids.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Want brighter skin? This serum is NOT the answer.
I've used the whole bottle and saw no improvement in my fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin. And "no improved texture, tone and overall radiance". It is lightweight, however.

on 1/31/2017 3:24:00 PM

I've been using the Cellex C Vitamin C serum for 20+ years now. I apply it every morning before sunscreen. I could not be without this serum. A lot of people tell me I look much younger than my age, and I attribute this to the daily use of this serum. What convinced me to try it were pictures of "Mr. C," a construction worker, who had very deep wrinkles on his face. Over a 7 month period, he applied the Cellex C to only half his face. At the end of the 7 months, he looked like he had a stroke! The difference it made in his skin is nothing short of miraculous! If this could improve his badly sun damaged, wrinkled skin, I could only imagine what it could do for mine. There are many Vitamin C serums on the market, but they won't do what Cellex C can do. I did try another brand, but went back to the Cellex C after a couple of months when I could see my skin changing. There's nothing that compares to this serum. It's worth every penny! It's a very watery serum. You only need 4-5 drops to cover your face. It is safe to use under the eyes. I like to keep it in the fridge to help prevent it from oxidizing. When I get new bottle, I dispense a small amount (2 week supply) into the old bottle, and then put the rest in the fridge. Refill as needed. A 1-oz bottle will last approximately 3 months.

on 1/12/2016 3:00:00 PM

This serum is amazing! Simply put, it's made my skin smoother and brighter. I use it every morning (two drops) followed by a drop of cellex-c hydra 5 b complex, which helps with absorption. It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky at all. Maybe just a slight tingle at first. Pleasant smell too. It's pricey, but you can also buy the starter kit size. Anyone giving this product 1-star is crazy. This is known to be one of *the best* vitamin c serums on the market and for very good reason. Highly recommend for glowing skin!

on 10/29/2011 10:03:00 PM

This is stable C-serum formulationand not as pricey as the other serums Believe me when I say I've tried many others.I've seen faster and better resultswith Cellex than Skinceticals and Obagi C serums. .

on 4/28/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have semi-oily skin which is in a great condition (with all modesty lol).
and i have to thank this product (along with a few other staples in my skin care routine) that contributed to the excellent state my skin is at my age.
i always get compliments on my skin and this product has alot to do with the glow i feel my skin has.

every once and a while i would have the urge to try the "new best thing" but ALWAYS end up coming back.

over the years i have tried almost ALL vit-c serums.
i tried skinceuticals,skinmedica,obagi (also the Rx line),IS Cinical,PTR,Jan marini,Vivier,Etc...
you name it,i tried it!

then a few years ago i decided to stop my search because i realized that This is THE BEST vit-c serum on the market.

it is the only (vit-c) serum that i can handle and is so lighweight so i can layer all my other "stuff" on top of it.
i love that it is thin as water! no oily residue at all.
once you apply to the skin you get an amazing glow but no heavy oily feel at all.

cellex-c are the really true pioneers in vitamin-c skin formulations and that they have a track record of almost 30 years in these formulas of vit-c serums.

this serum's patented "delivery mechanism" is what makes all the difference in the world (compared to other serums).
its important to understand that not all vitamin-c serums are equal (and no...a higer percentage of L-ascorbic is NOT what makes a vit-c serum more powerfull or superior).

in order for a vit-c serum to do its magic, it needs to have (first and foremost) a SUPERB "delivery mechanism".
that delivery system will take the L-ascorbic acid Deep into the skin.
and thats exactly why i think this Cellex-c serum is Superior to all others.

listin.....dont expect "Miricales".
a great vit-c serum is only ONE "super weapon" in the battle against wrinkles.
it is only one (but an important one) of a few crucial "superstars" that fight aging skin.
but for me....Advanced-C Serum really is the best of them all.

also, i reccomend you guys to have a really good skincare routine,
a routine which consists of ingredients such as ....

Retin-a (which is a doctor prescribed topical drug, but you can also get it online without a doctors prescription)
or Retinol (which does not require a prescription) ** Though Retin-a is preferred over retinol.**
using it ONLY at night along with some powerfull antioxidant serum underneath,

a good daytime anti-aging serum which packs high concentrations of L-ascorbic acid (vitamin-c) along with another multi antioxidant's and peptides serum on top (such as "SkinBetter Science Alto Defense Serum").

Alpha-Hydroxy Acid based cream or lotion in the day time above the antioxidant serums.

and DO NOT (and i urge you to not forget!) about a good high Spf sunscreen.

this is MY personal daily skincare routine.....
Night time:
1 - Cleanse face with Is clinical cleansing complex
2 - Swipe face with Peter thomas roth un-wrinkle peel pads (without rinsing off residue) and wait 10 min.
3 - Apply SkinCeuticals Resveratrol B E
4 - Apply retin-a (i use the gel) at 0.1 strength
5 - use the Obagi hydrate luxe cream on top after about 45min of applying the retin-a (this will help sooth skin and combat some of the harsh side effects that is associated with the usage of retin-a such as redness,peeling or and tight flaking skin that some NEW users might experience when starting to use retin-a, but anyway if you are new to retin-a start SLOW...use the 0.025 and slowly move your way up in the next coming months after that).

Daytime:
1 - Cleanse face with is clinical cleanser
2 - swipe face with the "biologique recherche p50" toner (worlds BEST multi acid exfoliating and moisturizing toner).
3 - Apply cellex-c advanced c serum (and wait 5 min).
4 - Apply "SkinBetter Science Alto Defense Serum" OR "Skinmedica tns essential serum" (both are great anti-aging serums).
5 - Apply "Neostrata face cream plus" (high glycolic acid based moisturizer) - if you are just starting with glycolic acid i would suggest to start with the neostrata ultra smoothing cream or the "Neostrata bio hydrating cream" which has PHA (poly hydroxy acid) instead of AHA and thus is considered less irritating due to its larger molecule size..
*BTW: if you are used to strong acids and would like something that is even STRONGER then the neostrata face cream plus, then try the "glytone rejuvenating cream 20" (which consists of a 20% aha acid value! yikes).
7 - Never forget sunscreen! (esspecially when using this skincare routine!!!) - i personally use the Eltamd clear spf46 or the "Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF 50" if i want a tad of a healty tint glow.

for my eye area i use both night and daytime the "perricone acyl-glutathione eyelid serum" and top it off with a super moisturizing and well formulated eye cream (such as "paula's choice Resist eye cream").

and thats about it :)

if you do follow these guidelines...you are on the highest road (that skincare can provide) in the battle against aging.

and i promise you...
you will have the most glowing skin ever.

good luck guys.
sarai from israel.

on 8/3/2014 5:28:00 PM

DESERT ISLAND PRODUCT! If I could only take one beauty or cosmetic product of any kind to a desert island, Cellex-C Advanced C is it! It does everything - clears acne, brightens, tightens, eliminates wrinkles and lines, and is NOT GREASY! It goes well under make up, primer, and sunscreen, and you can't say that about Obagi or Skinceuticals. I've tried them but I have been using this since 2001, and people think I am at least 10 years younger than I really am. I won't repeat the great things other reviewers said... this stuff is FANTASTIC! However, no one has mentioned this: If you put a couple drops on a new sun burn after showering, the burn basically disappears. It is amazing! Try it!!!

on 6/20/2010 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought the Advanced-C serum after using the High Potency which I really liked, because I felt the High Potency exfoliated without making my skin pigmentation worse which alpha hydroxy acids do for my skin. I hoped that the Advance-C serum, having a higher percentage of vitamin C, would benefit my skin even more. However, it irritated my skin too much so I ended up diluting it it with water to use it up. I really don't like the dropper, because I frequently spill the liquid onto the floor or the sink by accident and waste the expensive product.

on 10/25/2009 9:44:00 AM

Quite simply a waste of money. Meant to review awhile ago. Did nothing at all. Don't throw your money away. Stay clear of this product.

on 7/7/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only formulation with tyrosine and zinc with vit c--and patented so can not be duplicated. without tyrosine, vit c can not go deep enough to stimulate collagen remarkably. i recommend this wholeheartedly over skinceuticals, obagi and skinmedica etc. the advanced series has hydrolyzed vit c so collagen is produced faster than the original series plus it is choke full of super potent antioxidants. this product erased lines on my face--but be patient it takes at least 4 months to see results. so, while you can get brightening from other vit c out there, nothing plumps and lifts like cellex-c

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I've been a user for 5 + years and it has NEVER failed me. Yes, in the beginning, it irritated my skin, but after continual use....my face acclimated. Rosy, luminous, clear, acne free, oil-free, soft and smooth is what describes my face.

My skin has NEVER looked so good. Never. My skin feels and looks better now that I'm 33 than when I was in my early 20's.

Don't forget Hydra B5 and sunscreen.