2.2

Reviews

3.0
from

2 years ago

I look at this product more as an exfoliator than a true hair removal. It does help remove light peach fuzz, but not so great on heavier hair. Asian women use exfoliation all over their bodies to remove dead cells, encourage blood flow to the surface of the skin, making the skin rosy and soft. I think that the products does do all these things for me. Definitely read directions and some folks may need to scale down their expectations of this product. There are definitely more effective hair removal products in today's market. This one does still have a place.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this. Sure, it takes a few rubs to get the hair in the section off, but overall, it's GREAT. People keep saying after a few times, it stops working, you obviously have not read the directions because your supposed to replace the pad after it stops working. If it makes your skin red and sore due to the rubbing, I suggest you put ice on your skin before you use the product. Most of all though, READ THE DIRECTIONS PEOPLE!!!!!! Stop being an idiot and read the directions, or just stop complaining that the products doesn't work because it does. And FYI your supposed to lotion after using Smooth Always™.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

6 years ago

I have used this horrible product on my face to get rid of peach fuzz and let me tell you THIS WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! It ruined my skin! I get horrible breakouts now, before my skin was very nice, smooth, and i never broke out. After using this one time (which was 6 moths ago) the next day My face was covered with pimples and they will not go away!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlack

6 years ago

They don't work and it burns your skin mildly. Not recommended.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairOther

7 years ago

This is sandpaper. To sand the hair on your legs off. By the time I had sanded enough to get rid of the hair my skin was red and sore. Don't do it. Don't sand your hair and skin off. It will hurt.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

3.0

7 years ago

I ended up liking these, but not for their intended purpose. They didn't do very well at removing hair...I always had a few strays (on my legs, never tried it anywhere else). However, I liked it for exfoliating right before I stepped into the shower. My skin is pretty dry and this made it super smooth. I buffed in circles (a few times in one direction and then a few times in the other direction....otherwise you could really irritate your skin). Even though I liked them, I probably wouldn't buy them again. It seems like it's just super fine grit sandpaper and I don't want to keep throwing trash away.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

8 years ago

I bought these because I have super hairy " gorilla-legs" LOL the first time I used it, they worked great! My legs were smooth and soft, but the next time I used them, they did nothing... Oh well.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I actually picked this up at Dollerama in Canada for $2 and boy am i glad that i did! This was BRILLIANT, Perfect works like a charm...takes few rubs but so what? My legs are hairless and silky smooth!!!

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

2.0

8 years ago

I have a lot of extra body hair, and shaving doesn't do anything to help that. Creams smells, and waxing hurts, so I turned to the Smooth Away pads. When I was young, and didn't have enough hair to shave, but enough to notice, I used a Sally Hansen version of these. I figured they'd be about the same. I tried them first on my arms, where I have very dark and thick hair. The hair took a bit, but it DID come off. However, the skin burned a bit, and there was stubble. No matter how hard and long I rubbed with the pad, it wouldn't go any shorter. I feel as though because I shaved to get the stubble away, it made the hair thicker on my arms. However, on the other side, I used it on my stomach, back, and chest, with excellent results. No burning, no stubble, the hair came back slowly and thinner. It was a little difficult to do on my stomach, because it's softer than other parts of my body. It left my skin in those spots soft and hair free for at least a week before SOFT stubble arose. I'm only marking the rating a 2 because although I was able to use it on my stomach/chest/back, it's my arms that matter the most, and this didn't deliver.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

SANDPAPER GAVE ME BRUSHBURN HELL NO

About reviewer (311 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm