Africa's Best Ultimate Hair oil with Ginseng

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.2

Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

on 3/17/2012 8:22:00 PM

I love this product! I use it as a hot oil treatment, on wet hair or dry hair for frizz control, as a body oil. Its my super multi task product that works! It intensely moisturizes everything I use it on. Hair,body or nails. The price is fantastic 1 or 2 dollars. The ingredients are almost completely oils or extracts. It smells like baby oil which is ok for me. The only con is that the packaging makes it a little messy when pouring out but no big deal.

on 10/1/2011 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Good product. Nice formula of different oils. I can only give it three lippies because I don't like the smell and it's not an improvement over straight olive oil for me (which is too heavy). For those who like how olive oil conditions their hair but don't like the smell, this would be a good alternative.

on 7/25/2011 8:13:00 PM

I am trying to stay away from harsh chemicals for my hair. I am asian with long, wavy, dry hair. I have been experiencing a lot more fall out recently. I did a henna treatment to my hair, which helped a lot regarding fall out and coloring white hair, but my ends still felt dry and brittle. I bought this at about $2-3/bottle at Walgreen's and I love it. I only need a tsp for my hair and I concentrate it on the ends. This leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, and healthy. It smells of baby oil, which doesn't bother me much, but if fragrance is an issue, this may be a problem as it doesn't seem to go away. That said, it is great for my hair, and skin! I use a dime sized amount on my hands and they are dewy soft! I rub some into my cuticles prior to polish and my manicure looks great! For the price, you are getting a lot! I love it and will continue to use it. I will try deep hair conditioning next. Be careful w/how much you use. You can easily put too much in and will be left w/greasy, heavy hair. Try it! :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a very nice oil. It's very light, soaks right in, leaves my hair and body very moisturized, and works great as a carrier oil. The best part is that it's only $2. Before discovering this product, I would literally purchase my various carrier oils separately and then mix all my things together. I did this for my stretch mark oil, cellulite oil, hair oil, etc etc etc. It was very expensive and time consuming. This has everything in it and eliminates the need to purchase or use so many different things. While I still purchase some oils separately, I find myself using this as a carrier oil most of the time. Essential oils are expensive enough by themselves, so it's nice to have this oil as an alternative. I like the fact that it works for EVERYONE, regardless of ethnicity and hair texture. My hair is 3C, 4A corkscrew curls, my niece is 2C, 3A thick waves, and my friend is blond with Anna Kournikova type hair...this oil works for all of us..on me it's a leave-in, on my niece it is a hair softener, and my friend uses it for hot oil treatments. It's a really great product. EDIT: 12/28/10 ..... I went to Wal-Mart to purchase more of these today and discovered that they've changed to a more "new" and "improved" formulation. The ingredients have CHANGED. Along with no longer having Ginseng Extract, it now has t-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ). This chemical is in ALOT of foods, cosmetics, beauty products etc. It's very toxic to the liver and kidney's. Needless to say, I'm stocking up on the old version WITHOUT this "antioxidant."

on 2/17/2010 7:07:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I am not a woman of color. I am sicilian american with thick, but soft wavy hair. I heard women talking about this on one of the hair care forums. I think it was the longhairforum.com or something like that. They were raving about this and coconut oil for hair. I've tried both and while I love coconut oil, I find that I reach for this more often. The coconut oil does fade the color in my hair and this doesn't. It's light and natural (i.e. I can tell what all the ingredients are) doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy as long as I use the right amount. It does smell like baby oil which doesn't bother me really. It's only a few dollars for a bottle so why not try it.

on 1/27/2009 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I found this at my local Walmart in the Ethnic hair section. I don't care for the scent, it does smell like a baby wipe or baby oil. I use it on my hands and feet and it does a good job on my hands and an OK job on my feet. I also swipe a bit through the dry parts of my hair. My hair soaks it in and no greasy residue.
My hair is natually curly and very dried out. This oil along with Keratase products, make my hair feel soft and silky. It's pretty cheap and will last a long time.