4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought 4% Chlorhexidine wash under different brand as this is not sold in Australia but also has the red dye in it. I used it right away since the 2/12/16. This really surprised me that it's the least drying cleanser I have ever tried. It leaves my skin soft and clean, not stripped yet I can't feel a film coating my face. It hasn't had effect on my clog pores as of yet. But even for 2x daily, it feels very gentle. Don't get it in your eyes or ears though! I will keep using this. I transferred it into a smaller bottle to make it easier to control the amount coming out. Hopefully it'll become my HG! I use tretinoin cream at night afterwards but nothing in the am as my skin doesn't feel dry

Update 13/1/17
This face wash and a facial buffer (I use from The Body Shop) is heaven!! Literally clear up my skin. I still use tretinoin 0.05% only 1-2 x a week. Since adding in the buffer, it has made a significant difference. HG combo! Thank you Makeupalley, I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you! This product is so underrated!!

Update 24/1/17
I have forgone tretinoin completely and any other chemical exfoliation as well as "purifying" mask. It surprisingly has kept my clog pores and acne under control. I use it 2x a day (or more depending on if I'm sweating heaps - it's summer here- or just feel "gross") with the body shop facial buffer. I used it with foreo luna mini before and the result was ok but the buffer is more effective in exfoliating. I used to think that I need a foaming cleanser that rinses super squeaky clean as I had terrible breakout using a cream cleanser (Neutrogena acne cream cleanser, I'm looking at you!). This one has proved me wrong, with the elimination of the harsh surfactant (SLS) and addition of bacteriacidal agent (Chlorhexidine). Now I'm not entirely sure which one that really resolved my problem. Maybe both as my acne could be caused by bacteria and the harsh surfactant did not help with protecting my skin barrier either. The physical exfoliation from the buffer also helped tremendously, more so than from silicone material exfoliation (foreo).
Ps. This also saved me from a GP who insisted me to take an oral minocycline for an indefinite period. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against antibiotic when absolutely necessary. Since this is acne rather than internal problem, I figured that applying topical anti-bacterial should be just effective on the targeted area (face) and less harmful. I don't want to risk upsetting the balance of gut bacteria with oral antibiotic and the resistance that comes with it.

on 9/28/2016 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used, its work, but not so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I suffer from conditions which I don't care to discuss that necessitate me to shower w this after my bath&bodyworks or VS shower gel I use a travel sized spray bottle (shake it up) to mist this into a more frothy lathery foam. It does not easily lather; it is a runny thin liquid. The trade name product has a bright red dye. Rinse it all down the drain to avoid staining fiberglass shower stalls. Not sure how this would react to porcelain. Use caution it staining ur tub or tile or shower it could I'm just warning you. It will come out with bleach on linens. That is why it is why it is prudent to use white wash rags/towels. After I spray this all over in the shower, I let it sit a couple mins & then I rinse it all off. I was rec'd to shower w it by 2 physicians or if u want it more frothy u can mix half dial anti back liquid soap w this. Do not get it in ur ears--potentially causes deafness! & do not get it in ur eyes, nostrils, nor mouth neither althou they use this as an irrigation sanitizer in root canals at dentists offices so I guess it's not totally poisonous but they have the techs rinse it off (combo this & chlorine it smells like the pool from dear sweet Hades every time I've had my root canals.) You could use this as a small spot treatment but it is meant to be washed off. It is the exact same thing used in institutions as what surgeons scrub in now with instead of bedadine. Exercise extreme caution w this around your face or lovely lady parts/if you are a boy your junk; ...& the rear end. Sorry I don't meant TMI but you need to know this if you plan on showering w it. It is kept behind the pharmacy counter sometimes you have to ask for it althou it is non prescription (OTC). It is some serious stuff, don't play around w this stuff. It's common sense too type precautions but do a bit more research on it than a few MUA reviews b4 u try it. Consult w a health care professional is what I suggest. Don't be afraid of it but do use it judiciously & be diligently reverent about it not meant for casual use but soaking a hang nail in this a couple of times a day will keep the staph out of it sounds trivial but this is a really good use for it we all know how much we hate hangnails/paper cuts buy it just for those if only for nothing else! Every house should have this as a first aid agent. You know those hang nails & paper cuts can be wicked painful. I also healed my feet up from an overzealous pedicurist who scraped off too much callous kept me from getting a bad MRSA bout n my immune system is weak u can pick up all kinda things from salons I learned my lesson I coulda gone sepsis without Hibclens! I'm sworn off pedi manis at salons this really shook me up too it scared the mother load out of me badly! My feet are red & throbby but it never spread past my heels up my leg it's been a couple of weeks I heal very slowly but I can tell ya it may have turned out to be a serious infection w/o Hibclens. It does dry ur skin but to be expected. A large bottle is about $18. I pour it into a small spray trigger travel bottle I keep refilling. I keep the big bottle on the side of my sink & after I've been in public ESP church Christian Meetings shaking hands or shopping touching anything first thing I do when I come into the house is liberally lather my hands w hot water & Hibclens then I can prevent things like colds, flu, etc coming in contact w the public. I lather for a couple of mins then rinse n dry my hands w a paper towel. I didn't have any bad colds this past winter much. I didn't get gastroenteritis nor influenza. So that's something I'm very diligent I insist on washing up good w Hiblcens after being in contact w the general public. It's my OCD kicking in lol!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was diagnosed with impetigo a few days ago and have been prescribed antibiotics orally and systemically. I read about using and antibacterial soap to wash the area to wash away both strept and staph infections... I did not kow that this was sold at regular stores (I've only seen it at my job at the nursing home)..... I figured ibshiukd try it out for my infection and boyyy did I make the right choice..
My face improved and cleared big time with this cleanser... No irritation.. I mix this with water and washed my whole face 2-3 times a day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For over 9 years I have been battling with atopic dermatitis in my scalp that continues to get infected with staph. I have been back and fourth to the dermatologist and my physician (A total waste of time). I've done countless hours of researching the Internet, trial and error, hundreds of dollars wasted, and sleepless nights (ever tried sleeping with fluid leaking from your scalp?) Nasty! Finally I ran across a site and someone suggested using hibiclense on the scalp. So yesterday I tried it (I know it says not to use on head), but this stuff is heaven sent. For the first night in months I could sleep peacefully. It has dried up all the runny sores in my head (eww) or should I say (yay). It's only been 1 full day and I am definitely happy with the results. If you suffer with atopic dermatitis or folliculitis give this stuff a try, you won't be disappointed.

on 11/24/2015 10:39:00 AM

Had the worst acne of my life after using clarasonic. It literally looked like my skin was burned off and every pore was clogged. I literally cleared it by using noxema bacteria clearing cleanser, this wonderful cleanser, and cure zone silver gel as my moisturizer. This literally made all my pimples disappear overnight. This will be my new regimen.

on 9/1/2015 7:18:00 AM

I feel very odd writing a review for a sanitizing wash, but this has made a difference in my life.

I actually first heard of this on MUA, someone had mentioned that washing with this after a shower can help to reduce odor especially if you are prone to sweating. Without getting into too much detail, I have had a problem with sweating all of my life. My sweating has always made me self-conscious of wet patches on my clothing and also made me hyper-aware of odors.

With diligent use of very strong antiperspirants applied in areas prone to the most sweating I can control it somewhat, but I am still conscious of odors which are more difficult to control and impossible to mask without a change of clothing or shower. It is not about hygiene, I shower obsessively, use cleansing wipes while at work and other methods of sweat control and odor removal/masking. It was getting to the point where I would have to bring a change of clothing to work with me just so I could wear fresh clothing and feel less self-conscious.

When I tried Hibiclens it was a night and day difference in my life. Yes, I still sweat profusely, but I can no longer detect any odors, and it is so relaxing being able to go about my day knowing that there is no smell. I apologize if this is all a bit TMI, but for some people who are affected like this, it can be life changing to have the confidence to walk past someone closely without worrying about whether they can smell anything. I shower, dry myself off, then apply a very thin layer of Hibiclens (being careful exactly where I apply it, this stuff is strong!) I find that if I rinse it off then its effectiveness is lessened although not reduced entirely.

Hg. After 10 years of dealing with breakouts I finally found a product that ended it all. Been using twice daily for 4 months. Skin hasnt broken out once. Cleared up clogging too. I get the cvs version. Wash first with regular cleanser then put a thin layer of hibiclens on face and let sit for a couple mins. Then rinse and go about my day. Changed my life.

on 9/21/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is just good to have around the house for any injuries, especially little boys with constantly scraped-up knees LOL. This doesn't hurt fragile or sensitive skin and kills germs. There is a red dye added, and this is useful because it's not a product to trifle with. You must keep this away from any mucousy areas - eyes, nose, mouth - and you don't want to let little kids use it without supervrsion. There's a slight medicinal scent, but it's not overwhelming or lasting. It's a very thin liquid, so a pump applicator would be really nice - I could only find the huge containers with a pump.

My acne has really improved lately, but I use this to wash my face once a week as a preventive measure. Also, I'll use it if something crops up, especially if there's any draining. Even after rinsing off, this continues to kill germs for hours. I've also heard of using Provodine (iodine) as a mask but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if Hibiclens would prove irritating to skin if used daily, but I've never experienced irritation/pain/dryness.