Filtered by age: 36-43

4.9

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason commercial antiperspirants and deodorants make me smell sour once I start sweating. I have tried everything and am constantly paranoid that I stink. The other day someone raved about hibiclens on cafe for underarm issues so of course I went right out and bought it. I use it in the shower and use a nickel sized amount. It is really liquidy so is easy to waste if you're not careful. I leave it on my underarms while I wash my face and then rinse well. Ever since I have been using this I don't get any funky smell. I have used a different deodorant everyday just to see how it reacts and I haven't had any issues. This stuff is wonderful and has helped me get some confidence back

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I suffer from conditions which I don't care to discuss that necessitate me to shower w this after my bath&bodyworks or VS shower gel I use a travel sized spray bottle (shake it up) to mist this into a more frothy lathery foam. It does not easily lather; it is a runny thin liquid. The trade name product has a bright red dye. Rinse it all down the drain to avoid staining fiberglass shower stalls. Not sure how this would react to porcelain. Use caution it staining ur tub or tile or shower it could I'm just warning you. It will come out with bleach on linens. That is why it is why it is prudent to use white wash rags/towels. After I spray this all over in the shower, I let it sit a couple mins & then I rinse it all off. I was rec'd to shower w it by 2 physicians or if u want it more frothy u can mix half dial anti back liquid soap w this. Do not get it in ur ears--potentially causes deafness! & do not get it in ur eyes, nostrils, nor mouth neither althou they use this as an irrigation sanitizer in root canals at dentists offices so I guess it's not totally poisonous but they have the techs rinse it off (combo this & chlorine it smells like the pool from dear sweet Hades every time I've had my root canals.) You could use this as a small spot treatment but it is meant to be washed off. It is the exact same thing used in institutions as what surgeons scrub in now with instead of bedadine. Exercise extreme caution w this around your face or lovely lady parts/if you are a boy your junk; ...& the rear end. Sorry I don't meant TMI but you need to know this if you plan on showering w it. It is kept behind the pharmacy counter sometimes you have to ask for it althou it is non prescription (OTC). It is some serious stuff, don't play around w this stuff. It's common sense too type precautions but do a bit more research on it than a few MUA reviews b4 u try it. Consult w a health care professional is what I suggest. Don't be afraid of it but do use it judiciously & be diligently reverent about it not meant for casual use but soaking a hang nail in this a couple of times a day will keep the staph out of it sounds trivial but this is a really good use for it we all know how much we hate hangnails/paper cuts buy it just for those if only for nothing else! Every house should have this as a first aid agent. You know those hang nails & paper cuts can be wicked painful. I also healed my feet up from an overzealous pedicurist who scraped off too much callous kept me from getting a bad MRSA bout n my immune system is weak u can pick up all kinda things from salons I learned my lesson I coulda gone sepsis without Hibclens! I'm sworn off pedi manis at salons this really shook me up too it scared the mother load out of me badly! My feet are red & throbby but it never spread past my heels up my leg it's been a couple of weeks I heal very slowly but I can tell ya it may have turned out to be a serious infection w/o Hibclens. It does dry ur skin but to be expected. A large bottle is about $18. I pour it into a small spray trigger travel bottle I keep refilling. I keep the big bottle on the side of my sink & after I've been in public ESP church Christian Meetings shaking hands or shopping touching anything first thing I do when I come into the house is liberally lather my hands w hot water & Hibclens then I can prevent things like colds, flu, etc coming in contact w the public. I lather for a couple of mins then rinse n dry my hands w a paper towel. I didn't have any bad colds this past winter much. I didn't get gastroenteritis nor influenza. So that's something I'm very diligent I insist on washing up good w Hiblcens after being in contact w the general public. It's my OCD kicking in lol!!

on 9/1/2015 7:18:00 AM

I feel very odd writing a review for a sanitizing wash, but this has made a difference in my life.

I actually first heard of this on MUA, someone had mentioned that washing with this after a shower can help to reduce odor especially if you are prone to sweating. Without getting into too much detail, I have had a problem with sweating all of my life. My sweating has always made me self-conscious of wet patches on my clothing and also made me hyper-aware of odors.

With diligent use of very strong antiperspirants applied in areas prone to the most sweating I can control it somewhat, but I am still conscious of odors which are more difficult to control and impossible to mask without a change of clothing or shower. It is not about hygiene, I shower obsessively, use cleansing wipes while at work and other methods of sweat control and odor removal/masking. It was getting to the point where I would have to bring a change of clothing to work with me just so I could wear fresh clothing and feel less self-conscious.

When I tried Hibiclens it was a night and day difference in my life. Yes, I still sweat profusely, but I can no longer detect any odors, and it is so relaxing being able to go about my day knowing that there is no smell. I apologize if this is all a bit TMI, but for some people who are affected like this, it can be life changing to have the confidence to walk past someone closely without worrying about whether they can smell anything. I shower, dry myself off, then apply a very thin layer of Hibiclens (being careful exactly where I apply it, this stuff is strong!) I find that if I rinse it off then its effectiveness is lessened although not reduced entirely.

on 9/21/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is just good to have around the house for any injuries, especially little boys with constantly scraped-up knees LOL. This doesn't hurt fragile or sensitive skin and kills germs. There is a red dye added, and this is useful because it's not a product to trifle with. You must keep this away from any mucousy areas - eyes, nose, mouth - and you don't want to let little kids use it without supervrsion. There's a slight medicinal scent, but it's not overwhelming or lasting. It's a very thin liquid, so a pump applicator would be really nice - I could only find the huge containers with a pump.

My acne has really improved lately, but I use this to wash my face once a week as a preventive measure. Also, I'll use it if something crops up, especially if there's any draining. Even after rinsing off, this continues to kill germs for hours. I've also heard of using Provodine (iodine) as a mask but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if Hibiclens would prove irritating to skin if used daily, but I've never experienced irritation/pain/dryness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been battling what I thought was cystic acne lumps on my face for years now. I've always been prone to skin infections but I thought it was just my hormones or thyroid acting up. Tired of dealing with this crap on my face, I sought out a holistic doctor who finally correctly diagnosed me with a chronic staph (not MRSA thank god). My nose was colonized, likely from spending a lot of time in hospitals with my mom who had battled cancer for 4 years.

My doctor told me to use this on my face twice daily plus on my body to decolonize myself. the soap itself controls infection for about 6 hours. I have to say, it's been a lifesaver for me, my skin, my confidence. I'm supposed to continue using this for 6 months to a year to prevent recolonization which is common among those who get staph infection very easily. I went on amazon and bought a huge jug of this for less than $20 that I can reuse to fill up smaller bottles. Walgreens and CVS both sell a version without dye if you have problems with dyes.

If you have adult cystic acne that wont clear up using traditional acne medications or seems resistant to antibiotics, get your nose and lesions swabbed and cultured for staph. Everyone has it on their skin but immune diseases (I have Hashimoto's) make you much more susceptible to infections. I use this soap in conjunction with providone iodine as a mask on my face and my skin looks amazing, I feel good about myself and now I know my mystery is solved so if I have another infection, I know what to look for. I think I will continue using this cleanser for a long time. It doesn't dry my skin out and is now my first line of defense against getting another infection.

Ladies, stop stripping your skin of much needed oils and protection it needs. I see so many women overusing exfoliants and then complaining about acne. It a vicious cycle. If you already have a staph infected acne lesion scrubbing your face and Salicylic/AHA acids will actually make it spread and get worse. It definitely did in my case.

My Holistic doctor prescribed this regimen for me:

Wash twice a day with hibiclens
Provodine iodine as a mask, must leave on until its completely dry (It dries out lesions and prevents infections from spreading from other parts of the face. Iodine kills every pathogen known to man and even MRSA is not resistant to it.
I wash off the iodine with a Gentle non drying cleanser, I do not scrub use anything with beads, granules etc, no sulfates.
Apply diluted mix of Lavender oil, tea Tree oil, Calendula oil mixed with a carrier oil. I use Hemp seed oil/argan oil mix or if I feel really dry I use Jojoba oil.

At night and in the winter I use a barrier cream to protect my face.

I've eradicated pretty much all infections and acne on my face. I keep my skin moisturized at all times. I use nivea cream or in the warm months I use Alba Green tea and aloe moisturizer.

I was told to never exfoliate with harsh scrubs again or I could get it to come back .when you exfoliate you open up your skin to infection. Instead I use hemp oil and put it on my face and then using a hot soft cloth I steam and most of the dead skin comes off without ever scrubbing a thing. I know its hard to get out of the exfoliation habit as its pushed on us beauty queens but I think its done far more damaged to my skin then helped. Im just happy I found Hibilclens and I believe I may be using this forever now!!

hibiclens is used in hospitals for a reason and for many medical professionals it is the first line of defense against infections spreading in clinical settings. I also understand it's a cure for bacterial vaginosis according to websites and I've used it safely as a feminine wash during that TOM when you have that not so fresh feeling. Now that Im decolonized finally, I am still using this on my body once a week for prevention.

on 6/15/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't know how you can give a bad review on Hibiclens (active ingredient is Chlorhexidine, you can get generic form or in lesser concentrations). Hibiclens ts a necessity in clinic/hospitals. Great and gentle cleanser for those who are prone to skin infections--bacterial/fungal/and some viral. Regular use prevent recurring infections. It doesn't sting at all on wounds. All drugstores have the generic form which works the same, few dollars cheaper and doesn't have the red color additive Hibiclens add.

on 5/13/2011 1:57:00 AM

I have very sensitive armpits and can't even use a typical deodorant, not to mention antiperspirant. I'm currently using Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant with good results, but ever since the weather warmed up, I start to stink by the end of my workday.
I bought Hibiclens at Target, applied it for 2 minutes under my arms in the morning, rinsed off and applied Kiss My Face. 12 hours later still no stink. I'm impressed. I'll repurchase, definitely.

on 11/28/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I originally bought this to try on my face but haven't tried it for that yet. I had a cesarean over 15 years ago and every now and then the scar itches. I use this in the shower on the scar, then wash it off immediately and itch is gone. Also, sometimes under my breasts itch and I'll use this for that also and itch is gone. I get crazy back itch (but it's not bacne) and exfoliating helps but I tried Hibiclens on it and it worked great. I will not use it every day but maybe once a week. Have been using it for a few months now and so far so good. I can't recommend it for face acne (since I haven't used it for that) but for random body itches, this is HG. :)
Also great for keeping stinky feet under control. I highly recommend. I picked it up at CVS for about $11. A little goes a long way. It's very liquidy but I poured some in a foam pump and that works fabulously.

on 1/14/2009 2:22:00 PM

Long review, sorry~

Background: 40 yrs old with highly acne prone, sensitive, combo skin(what a mess). I was extremely oily for the first 39 1/2 years of life. I've always had light to moderate acne. In the last 4 to 5 months I've become combo skinned with moderate jaw line acne. Additionally my pores have become clogged all over, ecspecially on my chin. I am allergic to BP so I must use salicylic acid. Ok so lets cut to the chase..I've tried many many acne washes and wipes. I've always been scared to death of anything with oil or that has any form of moisturizer (oily skin). I'm careful of my foundation (oily skin) as it always slides right off and/or turns a lovely shade of orange. I have very fair, pink skin. So I read the reviews for hibiclens here and on a few other sites. I figured why not? I've been using it twice daily for a week and a half. The results are not AMAZING but they are great. My skin is clearer, pores are most certainly less clogged. My acne is healing MUCH quicker and I'm less red faced all over.

I use this twice daily. First I use a bar of sulfur based soap for a general wash. Then I pour about a teaspoon of hibiclens into my hands and spread carefully over my face. I rub it in for about 30 seconds, then I add the same amount again and use a drug store brand buff puff single to lightly scrub my face. I use the buff puff singles with no medication on them. I get about 3 days per single. The trick after this is to let the foam sit on your face for at least 2-3 minutes before rinsing. Do not get this in your eyes. I find it does actually foam pretty good.

At night I follow this with the walgreens 8% AHA cream, which I started at the same time (thank you mua reviewers). Just a small dot on my cheeks, nose, chin and jaw line. In the morning my skin looks WAY better. Still an occasional blemish but the cystic acne is gone for the most part.

I will continue to use this as long as it helps. It was about $10.00 for 8ozs. The flip top lid makes it a little hard to dispense as the product is very very thin and pink (think kool aid). This has made great improvements to my skin. If you have acne prone skin this won't make it worse and it might help.