3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Demeter fragrances are surprisingly "life-like" and angel food smells like a sweet vanilla-ish cake. Foody, sweet and lasts a few hours (on me.)

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

This is a mix of sugary sweet and vanilla with sonething else that lifts it so its not sickly at all but - enchantingly feminine. Can be overpowering so spritz lightly! Gorgeous utterly amazing!

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I'll start this review off by noting I'm biased towards lighter spray fragrances that may not linger as long as say, a Clinique fragrance. I say that because fragrances which linger too long and have a high alcohol content to make the scent last longer, will give me the worst headache to the point where I will feel physically ill. With that said, this is one vanilla scent that I've gotten compliments on (all from guys) because its not too strong. You do have to get pretty close to smell it. The scent is true to angel food cake, a sugary vanilla smell. It doesn't last very long...maybe a couple of hours, but then again that's what I like about it.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This is just a very mild vanilla scent. It's not overpowering or offensive. If you like vanilla and you're looking for something mild and basic, this might be the one for you. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and went through a phase where I wore pure vanilla extract as perfume. If you want to wear a simple vanilla scent, this is probably a better choice. I guess it costs about as much as some bottles of pure vanilla extract, anyhow, so if you've been wearing baking supplies in place of perfume, give this one a try.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

10 years ago

I received it today. I was so happy. Until I smelled it and my sister said it smelled like alcohol with merthiolate =(. I tried to like it but it has no staying power. Anyway I will use it. I dont know if the other fragances have the same chemical smell.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

10 years ago

i dont know if this smells like angel food cake (which is light and airy and smells sweet but not that discernible) or just like "something sweet and vanilla-like", but i love it. i know the scent sticks to my clothing, but i am not sure about how long it lasts on skin. okay, it is not the most sophisticated scent on the block, but every man that comes close enough to smell me isnt complaining about that. (read: men love this)

About reviewer (408 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

I'm so intrigued and appreciative of the neat and unique thing that Demeter does with fragrance, however, I did have the expectation that this one would smell like angel food cake! To me, it does not at all. It made me wonder if they are eating different cake than my grandmother used to make.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I had high hopes for this scent, since it's one with better reviews and is one of their top 30 scents. However, for me it only smells like Angel Food Cake when I'm sniffing out of the bottle. Once on my skin, it smells kind of chemical-y and dusty. Really not nice at all! I'm sure it's my own body chemistry, but still. Not good. I highly recommend buying a bunch of "minis" directly from the company and sending back the ones that don't work for you. They have an awesome return policy and you can swap scents out that didn't work for you.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

This is a great scent from Demeter. It smells of vanilla, cream and sugar. Since this is such a light scent, I usually wear it at bedtime to smell delightful after my evening shower. I believe this has been discontinued because I purchased it from Sephora for $5! It's usually $19. SCORE!

About reviewer (717 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

if you like sweet vanilla-y scents you will love this. it comes in a bottle just large enough to be used up :) this is a nice replacement for a weak vanilla body spray.. it smells very natural, not too strong, and indulgent.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age19-24