Lipstick Queen Medieval

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip color, and I've found that (for me) the best way to apply it is to lightly dab it onto the lips until you build up the shade you want. The first time I applied it, I smeared it all over my lips in a heavy coat and was horrified when it came out looking hot pink and patchy. However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly, it looks lovely; it's hard to describe the color. It's definitely not a true red, or a coral, or a pink; it's kind of a mixture of all three. It's not too bright; it's muted, which is what I prefer in lip colors. It has a very similar texture to Frog Prince--light, balmy, moisturizing, and sheer yet pigmented. However, it doesn't stain your lips like Frog Prince does, so after a few hours you have to reapply. For that reason, I think it's slightly overpriced, but the unique color and formula make it worthwhile for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

I love this! I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it as a staple unless LQ reformulates it!

If you buy it expecting a "lipstick," you'll be disappointed. I'd really call it more of a tinted balm--it's VERY sheer on me. It's so sheer that I don't need a mirror to apply it; I just use it like a chapstick. I love it for no-makeup days when I want to look like I didn't just roll out of bed, and I love it with full eyes also.

It has what I consider the perfect balance of sheerness and moist texture. Some sheers are too slippery/oily, but this stays on my lips without sliding around or collecting in weird globs like some glosses can.

It is also very moisturizing on me. Many lip products make my often-chapped lips worse.

It's on the expensive side, but I've never found anything like it.

My most recently bought tube says "Made in Canada," which I like. (I won't pay premium prices for makeup that's made in China.)

The packaging could be sexier, I guess. It's a basic lipstick tube. The box it comes in is gorgeous, though!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing Medieval for too many years to count & I love it just as much as I did the day I discovered it.
It's a gorgeous sheer red that is easily buildable to a deeper red. This was the first true red I ever felt comfortable wearing & it looks just as perfect with a full face of makeup as it does with No makeup at all.
It's moisturizing and while it is NOT tenacious at all, it does leave behind a soft red tint. Like Hello Sailor, I do have to reapply this often, but that is the only negative...well, I also wish it was cheaper but I love Medieval & will continue to purchase this forever. Highly recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're reading this to influence your choice to take the plunge and purchase this lipstick, my goal is to make you feel great about spending a little more than most of us are comfortable with for such an item.

I own more lipstick than I care to admit, and I think that's likely because I'm always in search of that ONE that I can't live without. I think this is the one!

Obtaining natural-looking lips is always a challenge, one that seems should not be so hard. Lipstick Queen has done it. This is a beautiful, natural, sheer red tinted lipstick with a medium degree of shine. For me, one coat was hardly noticeable. But with two more swipes I was in love! The ability to easily control the degree of pigment during initial application is a treat.

Also, I think it would be an excellent top coat for a darker pigmented lipstick if desired!

Not for those wanting a traditional lipstick look. But if you're a natural looking kind of person, buy it asap!

For a little longer last, use with Sealed with a Kiss Lipstick Fixator. I'm having great results!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant to spend the $$$ on this because I was afraid I would like it too much...and I do. Now I am going to have to hunt it down and repurchase when I run out, and I am going to HAVE TO try some other Lipstick Queen lippies too. Sigh.

Poor wallet.

This is a wonderful sheer, but moderately buildable, subtle red. It feels soft and luxe on the lips. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but leaves behind a lovely, even, reddish flush as it fades. For me it is the absolutely perfect daytime red, but sheer and subtle are the key words here.

This is "only" USD$25 but I got it recently highly discounted for Ulta 21 Days of March 2016 beauty. I loved it I got lucky I guess ordering Medieval & FrogPrince never having even heard about (blind buy off Ulta.com FrogPrince was full retail $25 & Medieval was half priced), wish I had picked up another Medieval I put yes to rebuy but wow $25 is up there w my most expensive lippies eg Chanel, Urban Decay, EL, Clinique & MAC are my fave HE lippies & now these! I've started a LQ addiction ...go me!). This is dupe able by Bonne Bell Dr Pepper lipsmacker but LQ has a better color pay off, better color & is my "grown" self's Dr Pepper lipsmacker! It was an extremely satisfying blind buy, buy a Dr Pepper for your kid sister & a Medieval for yourself & ur mother. This does not have a long last to it, u will guaranteed have to reapply so make sure u pack it in ur purse for the day ur wearing it! I'm a sucker for mood lipsticks like medieval/FrogPrince LQ, Smashbox both "O" versions, LA Colors makes a gloss dupe for Smashbox; I had a generic mood lipstick for a $1 buck from dollar free I lost :-( , & have on order a Sephora mood gloss. I know it's not really the mood it's body chemistry & I'm easily amused but I love these kinda products. I get a real a real kick out of getting my own personalized color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.