CLINIQUE 3 Step System

CLINIQUE 3 Step System
Clinique 3 Step

2.8

on 10/4/2018 6:56:00 PM

There are cold creams that do all the above, clean , and moisturize and smell better

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have two polar opposite experiences of the 3 step system: one is my own and the other is of a relative who swears by it. My 3 star rating takes both into consideration. My experience first...

I got this many years back in the No.4 clarifying lotion, soap and DDMG. I instantly ditched the soap as it made my skin feel tight. The lotion was too harsh for my face so I used on the back of my neck as a cleanser/toner at the end of every day - this actually helped reduce acne in that area! Other than that it was good for nothing!

DDMG was the only product from the set that I stuck with as it seemed to be agreeing with me. It was only after years of usage that my skin began to develop what appeared to be some kind of rash and flakiness that no amount of hydrocortisone could keep in check. Turns out it was the 'Dimethicone' in this product (a type of silicone) that had built up over time until my skin could not tolerate any more. Within weeks of discontinuing use my skin gradually returned to its normal state.

The SA did give me a mini sample set of the 3 step system with my purchase in I think the No.2 CL and with DDML as I mentioned I had someone in mind who might want to give it a try. She picked out the combination after I explained this persons' skin type and concerns. For reference, this person was related to me and in her late 30's with what appeared to be adult acne. For the life of me I did not expect this to work for her, in fact I thought if anything it would make her acne worse and she'd probably add me to her hit list! Funnily enough though it cleared her face up in a matter of days. Once the sample set was finished she actually went and purchased the 3 step system in full size and never looked back. She still uses it to this day.

Talk about two completely opposite experiences!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It works perfectly for sensitive skin

on 6/10/2018 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I only liked the mild liquid facial soap, I was not so happy with the other 2 products. I actually hoped for a better quality with these products. It's not one of the Skincare Set that I would buy again, it needs a lot of improving and it seems just too basic.

on 5/26/2018 12:36:00 AM

The less gentle and less interesting skincare regime ever. Soap is acceptable ok, but there are far nicer ones. Lotion is a crime against skin, no matter which strength; a bottle of alcohol and witchhazel sold as something fancy and dermatology approved... yes sir! Then comes this yellow stuff referred to as DDML. Maybe sociology could explain wtf kept humans for decades even remotely interested in this stuff. There are for sure dramatic differences between this system and other really good skincare, but not in the sense the brand for sure wants us to take the names in...

Little background about myself.. I have been on Diane 35 for 14 years, came off of it about two months ago to give my body a rest.

I went with this system around the same time has my previous skin care regime was not combating the extremely oily skin I was beginning to get( I’m assuming because of hormonal imbalances). Now on Diane 35 I only got a few pimples here and there but otherwise was clear. My skin was always on the oily side.. but manageable. The first week my skin was completely fine, minus the oil. But did not have any pimples even after being off the Diane 35 for almost two months. Mid-end of the two week mark I began to break out. Each day after this I would wake up with 2 or more pimples. One day I counted and had 20 active spots :(. The three step( I was using number 3) started the burn my skin and almost make it more angry. I brought it back to the clinque counter and the woman told me this is normal for this to happen in addition too the pimples. Now I get that there is a purging phase, but I don’t think it’s “ normal” for your skin to burn ( which was happening with both the wash and toner). That same day I went to Sephora and got a brand called boscia . I am on my third day, which may be a tied with the fact I went back on the Diane 35 this week. And I am beginning to clear up. This is a all natural brand with willow bark which is the natural form of salyic acid. I have read the reviews on this line( its the clear complexion- similar to the clinque 3 step). There has been zero burning while using this.
In summary I will definitely be trying to return the clinque and continuing with this new brand!

Also will not be going off Diane 35 until I’m ready to have babies :)

on 4/16/2018 4:43:00 PM

Within a few days of using this, it gave me FULL-ON DERMATITIS, to the point where it got so bad I had to see a doctor and get a prescription for oral steroids. My under-eye and cheekbones were covered in a thick, scaly, painful, and very swollen purply red rash, and I looked like a monster. I've never had this bad of a reaction to anything; I have no known skin allergies and my skin isn't particularly sensitive.

Like many of the others who've had bad reactions, I suspect that the "Clarifying Lotion" was the main culprit. I don't know why they market it as a lotion because it is not. I assumed it was a lotion since that was what it said on the bottle, until I realized too late that it was actually a harsh, exfoliating toner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm new to the Clinique line and have had great experiences and BAD ones with the brand. This particular product is a great experience.

I gave up on a regular skin care routine for many years out of discouragement, all of the products I tried just wasted my money. Nothing I tried made my skin any better and I decided I just had bad skin. So I focused on makeup.

My bathroom cabinets are much more organized now, considering the graveyard of failed products is gone. I also don't spend as much on skin care because the products last and not much on makeup (I don't have as many skin problems to hide.)

I purchased a foundation from Clinique and got a sample size 3 Step system kit. I tried it because I had it, not because I thought it would work. In about a month, it truly changed my skin. After 30 years of crappy skin, I look great and see makeup as optional now. I feel much more beautiful because I see natural beauty in the mirror. It's important with this line to know and find products for your particular skin type. I have started to use other products in the brand, but the 3 Step system got my skin under control.

I've heard many stories about how Clinique was crap and how some said it was gold. I should of tried it sooner. Not everyone can use the same thing. I'd take the chance, just to see. It is worth the price because it works for me, even on aging skin.

on 12/22/2017 3:38:00 PM

I have a very long history with Clinique! It's a journey that began with me as a oily skin teenager in the late 80 s & as a typical teenager I had acne with my very oily skin so as a teenager during that time my only remedy was to use all those harsh & horrible pimple products from the drug store to try to kill my acne & dry up my oil ! Think 💭 noxzema, sea breeze toner , clearasil & oxy 10 ! Stridex pads ! Omg 😲 LOL very retro 80 s& while using these harsh products on my face I noticed my face being very sensitive & red allergic!& I finally figured out that I was very allergic to all the perfume & fragrance from those drug store products! & I had seen my aunt @ that time using Clinique 3 steps for her skincare regime! & so I decided to go to the local Clinique counter Bc it was fragrance free @macys & I asked the nice Clinique lady "can I buy a bar of soap for my oily face?!" LOL & she was very nice & sold me only the bar for oily skin to me & she wasn't pushy & try to sell me the entire 3 steps system to me to buy!& when I began using just the bar of fragrance free soap for oily skin I noticed my skin was getting better & clearing up & felt very fresh & clean & from that point on I Always bought the Clinique soap originally in the oily version & then the mild version & always during the bonus gift 🎁 time Bc it's a better deal 👍 Clinique stuff is expensive though less expensive than the other department store brands & Bc of the bonus they always give you their free yellow lotion which I never used Bc I have extremely oily skin! But eventually I got my mother into using Clinique Bc she has a very dry skin type! She's like Sahara desert 🌵 dry & so she loves the yellow lotion the # 3 step & before that she was only using oil of Olay from the drug store! it's perfect 👌🏿 for her sensitive dry skin type & the bar soap was perfect for my oily acne skin type & therefore ever since then our go to skincare line Bc it's fragrance free & doesn't cause skin issues with sensitivity!
the negative 👎🏻 part of the Clinique 3 steps system is that it can be harsh especially with their bars of soaps & even their liquid soaps & their harsh alcoholic laden toners 👎🏻I personally think 💭 everyone probably has tried @ least one ☝️ of the steps in the Clinique 3 part routine & probably has @ least one of their 3 steps in their home 🏡! LOL! In conclusion I think 💭 Clinique is a great 👍 line of skincare products Bc they are fragrance free but I would be careful using the 3 steps together Bc it would be harsh & especially back in the day! They didn't have the liquid soap & oil free yellow gel available yet!

on 9/24/2017 11:43:00 AM

I started using clinique 3steps on July 25, this year. Basically I used it for almost two months, but now my face has terrible break outs, what do I do continue or stop. I'm oily face and I'm getting married in December, need to do something

Popular Face Skincare Products