4.4

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Not a fan of the Tangle Teezer brush. The lack of handle makes it very hard to hold and the short bristles make combing hair too time-consuming. It also caused a lot of breakage. I couldn't swipe it through my hair even just once time without seeing several broken hairs on the brush. I quit using it months ago but I still find mid-shaft splits in my hair from the short time that I did use it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best brush on the market. I used to struggle brushing through my hair after washing it and those pesky combs just left more knots in my hair. When I use this, my hair is brushed through and tangle free with ease in under a minute.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First off, I didn't pay for my brush because my sister gave me hers since it didn't work for her. She said it made her hair feel more greasy, and that it wasn't any more special than a regular hairbrush. I've had a very different experience and my Tangle Teezer is absolutely essential in my hair routine.

I have thick, coarse hair that can get frizzy and some brushes really make it puff out, but the Tangle Teezer smoothes it down and makes it look more shiny than usual. I do already have naturally shiny hair, so it's not working any amazing miracles, but it does work really, really well for me. It never causes any breakage, which is important because I take medication that causes hair loss. It has helped me feel a little better when I see that less hair comes out when I brush my hair. It doesn't snag like other hairbrushes I've used, and the teeth in the comb don't feel harsh against my scalp. It doesn't have a handle, but that doesn't bother me at all, as I find that it's still very comfortable to hold.

Granted, I do have a really minimal hair routine and always have. I wash my hair and deep condition it, and I am currently growing it out so I only use heat on it once or twice a week. It hasn't been freshly dyed in about a year, so it's generally healthy. I take vitamins for my hair and trim it every few months. My hair is a bit wavy, but can also be straight, so I can't speak for the Tangle Teezer's effect on wavier or curlier hair.

The Tangle Teezer is pretty expensive, but I would buy it again. I recently lost it and I didn't realize how much I used it until I had to resort to using another brush. I've found it, and that's why I decided to write a review: this brush has truly become one of my essentials and I have been impressed and satisfied with the results.

My hair can be quite unruly after it's been tied up, but I have no problems brushing my hair out and I never have to deal with split ends or other breakages. I think the Tangle Teezer is really good for those wanting to grow their hair out, as it's helped me with minimal damage. I don't use it when my hair is wet (I part my hair and let it air dry usually), but for all other uses, I think it's a really good buy. I definitely recommend trying it out.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The bristles on this are so short that it takes forever to brush a whole head of hair. My hair is super tangled and i dont have the patience to brush 10 hairs at a time with this thing. I highly recommend the Wet Brush over This, which is way more quick and effective and doesn't rip out as much hair as this brush does.

I have to come to rave about this brush. it's everything that all reviewers said here , so I'm just going to compare it with my wet brush that I have for more than 1 year. after I detangle my knots with this tt , I style my hair with the wet brush. I can not use my usual wet brush for detangling my hair bec it will just give me a breakage. but it's faster and so much easier to style my hair with wet brush. if you have an extremely healthy hair , you probably will like the wet brush more . but who have healthy hair this days. if my tt broken , I will definitely buy it again and again and again (not so so with the wet brush). I have thin fine hair that easily have breakage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've had a couple of these and have been using them over the past few years. I am not dying my hair and I think it looks like a mess, I wonder if these brushes are doing damage because I have a lot of split ends. My hair type is fine, wavy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I need to say I was skeptic about this. I actually got it because everyone in my hubby's office was talking wonderful about this brush. Well I need to say it makes my hair smoother & untangles very well my wavy hair, I can make my swirl disappear bit.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite brush and the best I have ever used! In fact it is so good I haven't used anything since! My hair is fine but I have lots of it and this is the only brush I can use when my hair is wet or dry that doesn't give me split ends or break my hair. It brushes through knots and tangles pretty well without damaging my hair and it leaves it soft and silky afterwards. It has rubber bristles instead of plastic ones so it doesn't pull the hair or hurt your head like some brushes do. I love the size of the brush because it is ideal for travel and doesn't take up too much room on your vanity. The only downside is the fact that it doesn't come with a handle so it can drop from your hands easily, but this isn't a issue. I like the cover it comes with because it protects the bristles, there are also plenty of colours and styles to choose from. The price point is good, I paid about £10.00 for mine and its well worth it!

I like the Tangle Teezer Original brush which I own in the color black. My hair is very fine, but I have lots of it and it tangles severely after wash or during the night, especially in the back.This brush is so gentle that it tends to fix the outer layer of my hair perfectly, while it leaves the inner layers tangled and untouched. It does take effort to work through all the layers in my hair to get a good result. But besides that, it's so gentle that it doesn't hurt or get stuck and I like the result. For my niece who is 4 years old with fine and delicate hair, it takes seconds to detangle without tears, whether the hair is wet or dry. She refused to use her old brush after I gave her this one in the color hot pink - so for children this is especially recommendable! I like that you can wash it and I'm getting used to the shape and lack of handle which works fine for me, I get less exhausted in my hand. I will recommend and the price is fair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have two kids with tangles and I personally have a rat's nest on my head, so I was thrilled to learn of this product. In the past I have used detangling sprays (don't work) and leave-in creams (weigh my + my daughter's superfine hair down). This was the answer to our tangled prayers. It's cute (we have the hot pink one) and we all use it ever morning and every night to stay as tanlge-free as possible. We also use it on wet hair right out of the bath/shower. Love it!

Popular Hair Styling Tools