Essie Allure

Essie Allure

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful milky sheer white nail polish. I use just one coat. Two coats is too opaque for my taste. I'm on my 3rd bottle. Lovely neutral. Long lasting.

on 12/19/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have two bottles of Allure - one is from years ago before they changed the look of the bottle (has a raised E on the top of the bottle handle) and then a current bottle. I can say that the color has changed a tad since a few years ago. The older bottle is more neutral, and I think the newer is a bit more sheer and pink? Either way - once applied they look identical, but in the bottle, they look like two different polishes.

This is my hands-down favorite nude/natural polish by Essie. I pretty much wear this when I dont' want to just wear a clear polish. One coat of this is clear, 2 gives a nice natural white sheen. Not as white as waltz, but enough that it makes your nails stand out from your skin. I love it.

on 3/29/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Allure against my pale slightly warm skin is a milky semi-sheer off white color with hints of warmth.

Upon first coat looks clear, after the second coat my nails look a bit cleaner and shinier but still very natural. I usually use three coats for french manicure or four coats on its own for some decent color payoff.

Application and durability are good. The brush is still not my favorite but this shade is forgiving compared to more saturated colors.

Overall Allure is very nice if you are looking for this kind of sheer nail polish or get bored with bright colors and want to switch to something more professional looking but not quite nude.
As for me, I don't have the patience for french mani or 4-coat nail color plus top and base coat often so I might not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite neutral! I wear this when I want to look natural and polished. Light milky color, 2 coats looks nice and sheer and you can still see the whites of my tips. Formula is good, not streaky. Dries quickly. I use this with no base or top coat and lasts well (about 5 days on me with minimal tip wear). A bit pricey but worth it :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I generally love Essie shades but I am clearly in the minority here with Allure. I really don't like this shade. Frankly I don't know how some ladies see pink in Allure. For me it is white with a hint of beige and loads of yellow. The worst of all is that unfortunately the yellow hue is the one that I see the most on my nails while I wear Allure. Four coats (hardly any colour with less than this in my case) and trashy yellow nails. Horrible. The only positive is that it is very easy to apply and doesn't streak but I will most definitely never buy this shade again.
UPDATE: Not only does it look yellow on the nails. It also turns my nails yellow. The worst nail polish ever.

on 1/12/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes! HG sheer white!!! No streaks! Typical thin, flexible Essie brush. This polish is an absolute dream to apply.

on 9/11/2014 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Such a pretty polish. I used four coats to build to a sheer white, and can still see the whites of my nails. This polish gives my nails a clean, well manicured look. It applied perfectly with no streaking at all and dried quickly. I love Essie's small brush~it allows me to be very precise with the placement of polish without flooding my cuticles or getting polish on the skin next to my nails, so I rarely have a lot of cleanup to do. Adore it!

This is one of my go-to polishes. It's sheer, but buildable. Three coats usually gives me full opacity, which is perfect because more than three coats makes it very thick (but that's usually with any polish). It's a beautiful, classy color. The formula is really good as well, providing minimal streaking that could easily be polished away with another coat.

I love this color with my skin tone; it's white enough to not give me "mannequin hands", but doesn't look like I've painted my nails with white-out. It's milky and beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I can see how this polish might be underwhelming. Think of it as a clear polish with a hint of white, which acts as a brightener. The result is shiny nails which are ever-so-slightly brightened. I haven't worn nail polish in over 5 years so this was the shade I chose to ease back into wearing it. It is very feminine and suble. I could see myslef wearing this all the time.

Allure is great when layered 3-4 times. That makes drying time a pain, though. It gives your nails a nice neutral white glaze effect that looks very classy and chic. It's hard to find a neutral that compliments very pale skin (most are too beige), but this one fits the bill.

Though I like it a lot, I've noticed it can look gray in some lights - which isn't too flattering. I love this maybe paired with a sheer pink, like Essie's mademoiselle, but if I'm looking for something creamy pink that has color payoff with just two coats, I turn to L'oreal's "how romantic".

Popular Polishes