Acne.org Moisturizer

Acne.org Moisturizer

3.1

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 8/5/2016 11:47:00 PM

I have oily, acne prone and really really sensitive skin. But i still a student so i can't buy a expensive product, that why acne.org moisturizer that my choice. Actually this product not cheap, but it not expensive too, i think if you buy full size, it will saving your money. When i apply this product on my skin, it make me feel burn a few seconds, just a few seconds, but when i massage this mois all around my face, feel burn is gone. Acne.org moisturizer didn't make my skin see shiny or sticky at all. It make my skin soft and smooth. I think this product fit for who have skin type like me, but dry skin shouldn't use this because i think it will not moisturizing enough for your skin if you have a dry to very dry skin. Highly recommend for oily, sensitive and acne prone skin.

I absolutely love this product. It did wonders for my skin. I know some people are hesitant to try this regimen because they are scared to go without makeup. I figured out how you don't have to! :)

I hope this video helps someone.

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/8/2016 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this because it was cheaper for me to order the whole regimen than just the Benzoyl Peroxide. I figured I'd try all three together. The moisturizer is total poop. Like. Total poop. First, read the ingredients. There are a few that people are allergic to. I got bug bite type welts because my dumbass didn't read the ingredients. Second, this stuff will just sit on your skin. Even overnight with oil, it doesn't keep my combo skin moisturized. It caused terrible break-outs and the second I switched to my normal moisturizing routine (Ren EverCalm Day Cream mixed with Jojoba Oil in the AM, and Maracuja Oil in the PM), I was good. The rest of the system is pretty decent, though! Just be careful with the moisturizer.

on 5/26/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org Moisturizer alone.

I didn't like this moisturizer at all. I tried to like it but there were just too many cons for me. I wouldn't recommend it. The only good point of this moisturizer is that it's fragrance-free.

What I didn't like:

1) It does leave a tan color on your face after you have applied it, which is due to the ingredient Licochalcone. If you have really fair skin, the color would be very noticeable during the day. I have an olive skin tone and I could still see the tan color on my face. It didn't match my neck color at all.

2) I believe the moisturizer is calming (maybe), but it made my skin look greasy/shiny even when it has absorbed. You can see and feel a layer of oil on your skin.

3) I have combination skin and it was too heavy under my sunscreen and even at night during the summer time. I had more clogged pores (whiteheads...) But it's not moisturizing enough if you have dry to very dry skin or parts of your face that is dry or when it's winter time. So for me, it didn't work, my dry parts were not moisturized and my oily parts (t-zone) were too much moisturized. Maybe if you have normal skin, this will work.

4) The moisturizer was just 'slipping' down my face, it doesn't stay put on my face. For example, while I was working on my computer, I could feel the moisturizer sliding down my neck, mouth... When I touched those parts, there was some 'oil' on my fingers. Same when I went to bed, the moisturizer goes into my hair, the next morning my hair around my face is oilier than usual. I think it's the Jojoba Oil in this moisturizer that does that. You have to use blotting sheets to remove the oil so that it doesn't do that.

5) I also think this moisturizer causes some acne or have contributed to it. I have since removed this moisturizer from my skin care routine and I haven't experienced any breakout or clogged pores.

omg it just makes my skin break out and get tan in color which i really hate cause it makes my body color differentfrom my face's.!ehat a waste of money!

on 11/17/2014 11:45:00 PM

This was OK during the summer when I was on the regimen but as soon as weather got a bit colder here (I live in Michigan, winters are HARSH on delicate skin) I found out this was why I was suddenly flaking all over the place and actually getting worse break outs from Dan's Regimen.

The Regimen itself is good. It clears breakouts like a bosssss! However, I don't really think Dan's advice about "when in doubt use more benzoyl peroxide" is the answer. For me at least using more and more BP on top of already naturally oily skin that soon became dehydrated.. well that created a HUGE cystic break out for me. I was so discouraged because I've been clear on Dan's Regimen for about 4 months (maybe a couple pimples in there but nothing bad at all!) and then all the sudden as it got cold my skin became irritated from the drying BP. So right now I've had to cut down to one glob of BP at night only and layer on lots of Lac Hydrin 5 and CeraVe moisturizing cream. I was only using Dan's lotion during the day and I was wondering why my skin was flaky throughout the day. Well I think this is why! It's just not moisturizing at all! Especially if you are already drying your skin out with BP. The only positive I guess is that I really enjoy the smell of it and it didn't break me out (not directly at least).

Anyway I'm gonna try the CeraVe lotion during the day and see if that helps with flakes and dryness.

on 10/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

I have dry to combination acne-prone skin. I have tried the entire acne.org Regimen line once before, only to end up giving up because of uncontrollable flakiness that I thought the Benzoyl Peroxide was causing.
I am back on it again, this time being very careful about how much BP I use, how I handle my skin, etc. yet the flaking is still uncontrollable. I am now at Week 8 (2 months) on the Regimen and I FINALLY, FINALLY realized that it's the moisturizer causing all of my problems!!

PROS of the acne.org Moisturizer: It glides over the skin

CONS of the acne.org Moisturizer: It feels oily, it does NOT sink in, it does NOT moisturize my dry-combo skin, it creates a shiny-filmy substance on my face

I can't believe it took me this long to realize the moisturizer was the problem, not Benzoyl Peroxide! I have switched over to Cerave's moisturizing lotion + jojoba oil and after ONE DAY my skin feels a little better. (It doesn't hurt to move my face).

Buy the acne.org BP, but skip their moisturizer.

on 9/17/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I need to start by saying that I am a HUGE fan of the regimen on Acne.org. Before I was cured of acne, it was the one and only thing that, when used religiously, kept my acne under control. I used the moisturizer from Acne.org for roughly 10 years. At first I really loved it. But somewhere in there, they changed the formulation. This new formulation did not moisturize for me as well AT ALL. The smell is.....strange. Yucky. It did not break me out, but I was definitely not happy with the change.

This is a review of the entire regimen because it is sold this way, plus some specifics about each step.

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend out of the kindness of this blessed heart (translation: he was sick of listening to me complaining every day about my acne and having various episodes of depression over it). I have been using it for a couple of months now (with a period of time when I stopped to see if my skin would return to its original grossness). FYI, my skin did improve after a month of use. When I stopped, it got worse, and when I started using it again, it has improved within the week.

Before I used this product, I read all the information provided with the package, but I did not watch the instructional videos. All the instructions ring to the tone of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS EXACTLY HOW WE TOLD YOU THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME IT ON THE PRODUCT". Okay. I can limit myself to washing my face only every 12 hours and bring gentle with my skin blah blah blah. But I'm not going to sit in the bathroom and rub treatment on my face for 3 whole minutes then wait for it to dry, then sit there and rub lotion on my face for another few minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that. So needless to say, I did my best to follow the suggested directions to the best of my ability and within the confines of making it to work on time every morning. Please also note that I have been using the clarisonic brush once a day with the acne.org cleanser. I was also clarisonic-ing my face in the shower with the Mineral Fusion Ultimate Moisture cleanser and Shiseido Perfect Whip foaming cleanser (I was washing my face 2-3 times a day rather than the every 12 hours recommended). I was also using make up wipes or DHC cleansing oil to remove make up prior to using the acne.org cleanser. The creators of this regimen apparently do not recommend using any makeup while on the regimen for best results, and my response was PFFT, I can't just show this face around with nothing on it. So yeah, I used a bunch of different BB creams during the day with my other make up while during the treatment.

Pros:
-By George, it worked. Pimple count down. Redness down. Skin looks great. This actually surprises me given how much I didn't adhere to the recommended directions. /shrug
-The BP treatment Easily absorbs into skin with a minute-ish of drying time and goes under makeup just fine.
-The cleanser is scent-less and works great without over-drying.

Cons:
-During the first few weeks of treatment my face was SUPER dry on my cheeks and neck. Weird, because I never put this NEAR my neck and somehow my skin was dry all across the front of my neck, extending almost past each ear. Had to use Burt Bee's intense hydration night cream day and night. As time progressed however, my skin seemed to adjust and I no longer have dry skin. I would definitely start small and have a really good moisturizing cream at the ready when you first start. Note: with my second initiation (after a period of not using this for a while then restarting), my skin did not get dry on my neck, only the skin around my mouth and a little on my cheeks. The lotion was NOT sufficient moisturizing for me during the first weeks of treatment. Currently however, the lotion seems to be fine and feels like an oil-free moisturizer type consistency after drying on the face.
-The lotion STINGS SO BAD, especially on broken skin and the eye area. I feel like my face is on FIRE. I've started to rub the lotion in my hands first to evenly coat my hands and then press them on my face without any rubbing, letting the burning and stinging occur and then subside, then lightly pat the rest of my face. I have no idea why it does this, but it sucks. Sometimes if my skin is not dry at all, I will skip the lotion entirely more so out of fear, haha. This could be the acne.org lotion's fault, or also the BP treatment's fault I suppose for making the skin more sensitive? The stinging only seems to occur at the lotion application step though. I think I will try a different moisturizer to see if the same thing happens.
-I think it's kind of expensive. I believe the whole kit was $40 some dollars. BUT the size of the everything is huge. It looks like it'll last at least a year or something.

Overall
The regimen works. Hail Mary. But I'm not head-over-heels ONLY because of the horrendous burning sensation of the lotion. I don't seem to have any issues with the lotion or the BP treatment though.

on 7/20/2014 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I received this in the Regimen kit and at first I thought it was the BP that was destroying my skin (huge cystic pimples, scaly alligator rash, tiny bumps all over my face beneath the skin)...

So, I decided to experiment and use the cleanser and the BP on it's own for a few days with a different moisturizer (CeRave Facial Moisturizing Lotion) after taking a break from the entire program for a few days just so my skin could look decent enough again to go in public slathered in makeup that still didn't help much (it was that bad!).

While my skin is not back to normal yet (it's been two weeks), it is also no longer red, scaly, irritated and burning upon application of either my moisturizer or the BP (The Regimen moisturizer literally burned my skin upon application and made it itch).

I really like the cleanser, (although CeRave Oily Skin Cleanser is just as good or better), and now I can finally see the BP doing it's job...

Sadly, now after all of that, the Regimen, minus the moisturizer, is clearing up the horrific mess that the moisturizer left on my face (which I'm sure will leave some horrible Hyperpigmentation marks from those cysts on places I've never had real pimples before for many moons to come). So, it does work, but I wish I could have learned this through my skin only getting better from the very mild occasional, hormonal breakouts I bought it for, not a thousand times worse than ever while leaving scars on my once almost completely scar free face...which took a lot of work...:-().

A VERY painful lesson.

Do yourself a favor and skip this one... The BP is great...the cleanser is good...this moisturizer is the devil!!!