Acne.org Moisturizer

Acne.org Moisturizer

3.1

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 7/8/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought the whole Acne.org regimen, but I'm still not convinced that a regular moisturizer is called for if my skin doesn't feel dry.

This comes in a huge container, as do all of their products, making it very reasonably priced. it does have a slight yellow change due to the liquorice extract it contains that is meant to calm your skin. It doesn't absorb quickly or completely, so I recommend using this as a last step at night, not using it before you try to apply make up.

This is one of the very few moisturizers but hasn't irritated my skin or caused me to break out, and is helpful for balancing dry areas or settling down redness if I've overdone it with exfoliators or treatments.

on 3/20/2017 9:01:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

The moisturiser may not be as good as the AHA+, treatment and cleanser. It does moisturize the skin however you will have to be generous with it especially after you applied the treatment. When it comes to a day where my face is dry, I will use it twice (one after the treatment and once the moisturizer has fully absorbed into my face). It came with the kit so I continued using it until now. It is a little watery in opinion. It works but I believe the moisturizer can be improved.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely buy the Kit again but not the moisturizer :)

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

My son is 17 and in a rather desperate state with his acne. I was so hopeful with this regimen. After a week his skin did look better, but then it got much worse. After 7 weeks, I had him go to his doctor. Now he has a prescription, a new SLS free cleanser and an oil free moisturizer. This seemed to really irritate his skin.

I absolutely love this product. It did wonders for my skin. I know some people are hesitant to try this regimen because they are scared to go without makeup. I figured out how you don't have to! :)

I hope this video helps someone.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think the whole acne.org line works great and would recommend to anyone struggling with acne. If you are following the entire regimen, definitely mix an oil (they recommend jojoba) into this since the BP can be quite drying and this is pretty lightweight. This is a good basic moisturizer. And it's vegan and cruelty free!

on 8/5/2016 11:47:00 PM

I have oily, acne prone and really really sensitive skin. But i still a student so i can't buy a expensive product, that why acne.org moisturizer that my choice. Actually this product not cheap, but it not expensive too, i think if you buy full size, it will saving your money. When i apply this product on my skin, it make me feel burn a few seconds, just a few seconds, but when i massage this mois all around my face, feel burn is gone. Acne.org moisturizer didn't make my skin see shiny or sticky at all. It make my skin soft and smooth. I think this product fit for who have skin type like me, but dry skin shouldn't use this because i think it will not moisturizing enough for your skin if you have a dry to very dry skin. Highly recommend for oily, sensitive and acne prone skin.

on 5/26/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org Moisturizer alone.

I didn't like this moisturizer at all. I tried to like it but there were just too many cons for me. I wouldn't recommend it. The only good point of this moisturizer is that it's fragrance-free.

What I didn't like:

1) It does leave a tan color on your face after you have applied it, which is due to the ingredient Licochalcone. If you have really fair skin, the color would be very noticeable during the day. I have an olive skin tone and I could still see the tan color on my face. It didn't match my neck color at all.

2) I believe the moisturizer is calming (maybe), but it made my skin look greasy/shiny even when it has absorbed. You can see and feel a layer of oil on your skin.

3) I have combination skin and it was too heavy under my sunscreen and even at night during the summer time. I had more clogged pores (whiteheads...) But it's not moisturizing enough if you have dry to very dry skin or parts of your face that is dry or when it's winter time. So for me, it didn't work, my dry parts were not moisturized and my oily parts (t-zone) were too much moisturized. Maybe if you have normal skin, this will work.

4) The moisturizer was just 'slipping' down my face, it doesn't stay put on my face. For example, while I was working on my computer, I could feel the moisturizer sliding down my neck, mouth... When I touched those parts, there was some 'oil' on my fingers. Same when I went to bed, the moisturizer goes into my hair, the next morning my hair around my face is oilier than usual. I think it's the Jojoba Oil in this moisturizer that does that. You have to use blotting sheets to remove the oil so that it doesn't do that.

5) I also think this moisturizer causes some acne or have contributed to it. I have since removed this moisturizer from my skin care routine and I haven't experienced any breakout or clogged pores.

on 11/17/2014 11:45:00 PM

This was OK during the summer when I was on the regimen but as soon as weather got a bit colder here (I live in Michigan, winters are HARSH on delicate skin) I found out this was why I was suddenly flaking all over the place and actually getting worse break outs from Dan's Regimen.

The Regimen itself is good. It clears breakouts like a bosssss! However, I don't really think Dan's advice about "when in doubt use more benzoyl peroxide" is the answer. For me at least using more and more BP on top of already naturally oily skin that soon became dehydrated.. well that created a HUGE cystic break out for me. I was so discouraged because I've been clear on Dan's Regimen for about 4 months (maybe a couple pimples in there but nothing bad at all!) and then all the sudden as it got cold my skin became irritated from the drying BP. So right now I've had to cut down to one glob of BP at night only and layer on lots of Lac Hydrin 5 and CeraVe moisturizing cream. I was only using Dan's lotion during the day and I was wondering why my skin was flaky throughout the day. Well I think this is why! It's just not moisturizing at all! Especially if you are already drying your skin out with BP. The only positive I guess is that I really enjoy the smell of it and it didn't break me out (not directly at least).

Anyway I'm gonna try the CeraVe lotion during the day and see if that helps with flakes and dryness.

omg it just makes my skin break out and get tan in color which i really hate cause it makes my body color differentfrom my face's.!ehat a waste of money!

on 6/8/2016 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this because it was cheaper for me to order the whole regimen than just the Benzoyl Peroxide. I figured I'd try all three together. The moisturizer is total poop. Like. Total poop. First, read the ingredients. There are a few that people are allergic to. I got bug bite type welts because my dumbass didn't read the ingredients. Second, this stuff will just sit on your skin. Even overnight with oil, it doesn't keep my combo skin moisturized. It caused terrible break-outs and the second I switched to my normal moisturizing routine (Ren EverCalm Day Cream mixed with Jojoba Oil in the AM, and Maracuja Oil in the PM), I was good. The rest of the system is pretty decent, though! Just be careful with the moisturizer.