Johnson & Johnson Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion

Johnson & Johnson Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/13/2008 5:11:00 PM

This smells so good I can't stand it. Light creamy oatmeal with a touch of vanilla thats on the floral side. There is a touch of the baby scent at the end, but its very very slight and just adds a touch of sweetness. Mixes well with summer scents. The lotion is pretty thick and creamy, soaks in well but does take about 15 minutes to soak in completely. Once it does it leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day without getting sticky in the hot humid summer weather. The scent become very subtle after about an hour and continues to fade throughout day, lasting softly about 4-5 hours. Comes in a large 15 oz plastic bottle with a flip cap for about $4.50. Wish it had a pump with a smaller size for travel. Love this!

INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth 6, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Tocopheryl Acetate

I just bought this today, and so far I like it more than the original Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion. The scent of the original can be overwhelming after awhile, to me personally. But the scent of this is very light and non offensive. It's very fresh and subtle, and just makes you smell clean.
The lotion itself is creamy and sinks in pretty quickly. Overall, I am really pleased with this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I go through this stuff like it's candy. It has the most pleasant vanilla fragrance, not offensive at all and since it is made for baby's it does not irritate my slightly sensitive (it reacts to some things and not others) skin. I slather this all over in the morning and my skin stays nice and soft and non-itchy all day long. I love the HUGE bottle for a teeny price (approx. $4-5 in Wal-Mart) and when people get close to me they always tell me how nice I smell. This just is one of those inexpensive, but very good quality products that gets the job done. I have also tried the Shea Butter and Aloe Vera & Cucumber scents. This is by far my favorite scent. Since I can't go a day without body moisturizer (my skin feels like it is way too tight), this product is truly marvelous. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality, inexpensive product for a medium moisturization. ***Please see SaraLee2 review for ingredients.

on 10/20/2008 7:50:00 PM

I love the way this product smells!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me feel clean and others have told me "wow you smell clean" lol. Some might not like the "clean" smell but I do. Its nice knowing you are getting the baby soft skin with such a pleasant scent that others appreciate. I will definitely keep buying this!

on 12/24/2008 10:16:00 AM

This is a great drugstore find. Got a huge bottle for like $5. It smells so incredibly good that I find myself slathering it on for no real reason other than I am addicted to the scent. Not a heavyduty moisturizer, but does an admirable job of keeping my winter-ravaged skin soft and itch-free. Will definitely repurchase and will probably check out the matching bodywash as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This smells so pretty. It isn't a straight vanilla, it is rather floral, but still soft and clean. It has a sweetness that fades to a warm lushness. It moisturizes pretty well, nothing spectacular as far as that goes.

on 1/25/2009 5:21:00 PM

The best thing about this lotion is the smell! The description of the fragrance is accurately described by the other reviewers, so I won't waste time reviewing it myself. I tend to have oily skin and I still would not consider this product to be moisturizing enough for the fall/winter months. So, if have very dry skin I would stay away from this product.

I used to be a fan of the Johnson' night-time lavender baby lotion, however they changed the formulation of the scent. I might keep this product around as a replacement. Use it once in a while when I need to relax. I wish this scent came in a baby oil formulation, that way I could use it more often. Its cheap, so money isn't really issue but with all the lotions I have I'm running out of space in my bathroom.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I adore this lotion and the body wash for their amazinly soft non foody vanilla scent but also this is just like regular baby lotion in formula (which I love). I usually use the lotion for my feet and just shaved arms and legs, its really nice to be able to wash and shave with this in the shower and then apply the lotion. The best part is the smell but I love the way this lotion is so not greasy and yucky.

This smells SO good. I just bought it at Target for $3.14! What a steal for such a lovely smelling creamy delicious lotion! It goes on very smoothly, even though it's pretty thick. The scent is very soothing and not too strong. I have somewhat dry skin, and so far, it seems pretty moisturizing. I will probably be purchasing the shower gel soon!

I bought this lotion and the body wash because my skin had been feeling very itchy and dry lately. I was trying to think what would be really gentle and non-irritating to my skin. I figured that if its gentle enough for baby then it should be good for me.

I had been using Philosophy products, as well as trying some new natural soaps and it was just not working well for me. I was scratching my legs all the time and no amount of moisturizer would help. I have only been using these products for about a week and already my skin feels hydrated and I haven't been scratching at all.

These products are dirt cheap for the amount you get and they are on sale a lot at different drug stores. It is definitely worth every penny.

The lotion itself is pretty thick and absorbs easily.

The smell is wonderful! My husband was skeptical and was afraid I would end up smelling like a baby, but he even comments on how good it smells. It isn't overpowering, but it is a very soft vanilla. It goes great with my fall HG scent, Burberry Brit.

Popular Lotions / Creams