Isehan KissMe Heroine Make - Mascara Remover

Isehan KissMe Heroine Make - Mascara Remover

4.7

on 2/28/2016 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I had seen an Amazon review where someone stated this only works to remove the KissMe brand of mascara. I've never worn that mascara.

This product works with EVERY brand of mascara I've tried it with. It's a unique product and I had my doubts but it's great!! I just brush the wand across my lashes a few times, wait about 30 seconds., and wipe off with a cotton round. I'm surprised by how WELL this works!! Highly recommend.

I prefer waterproof mascaras, especially the bomb-proof Maybelline Sensational Full Fan Effect, waterproof version (my favorite mascara ever) and this remover actually works with it!

Every couple of days a run warm water on a q-tip and put 1 drop of Baby Shampoo on the moist tip, close my eyes tightly, and rub the warm water/shampoo on my lashes to get all traces of mascara, to make sure no build-up. My Opthalmologist thinks that my eyes get a little red from using waterproof mascaras and suggested the baby shampoo clean-up)

on 2/27/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this free with my KissMe Heroine Make Long & Curl (which is a review for another time) and I didn't use it for the longest time, because even though I'd read an excellent review from Drivol About Frivol, I wasn't really sure where this would fit into my cleansing routine.

I knew it was inexpensive but also I'm tired of buying things "just cause," even if it's a few dollars and I love trying new things, I'm so conscious of how easy it is to be wasteful.

So... 5 stars? Why?

My evening routine used to simply be a double oil cleanse, which I suppose was technically more of a triple cleanse, as my first task would be to apply an oil cleanser gently to my lash area before removing the rest of my makeup with oil, and then using the cleansing oil for a normal cleanse. Every other cleanser I've ever tried has been too harsh or stripping.

I thought - why would I buy this when cleansing oils already do this job?

But then I gave this a whirl. Holy crap!

This is a clear gel remover in a mascara-style applicator. One side of the applicator is a comb, the other is more like a shallow comb that holds a lot of product. I use the shallow side to apply, then the other comb side to make sure it has been evenly applied.

For one thing, in hindsight, it seems SO obvious to me that of course a wand shaped like a mascara wand is going to do a great job at removing mascara.

This is extremely gentle, yet manages to really cut through and "break up" waterproof mascara so it's easy to remove. Rather than waiting for oil to do its thing and break up the binding ingredients, I can swipe this on from base to tip of the lashes and then go immediately into my first oil cleanse.

I only use Japanese or Korean mascaras these days, and they can be a real hassle to take off, and there is always a risk with stubborn mascaras that you'll damage your lashes if you are impatient. This has made a huge difference to me!

It may be my imagination, but my lashes have been looking longer and healthier than ever. It's likely because i don't need to rub or wipe at them as much anymore when I take off my mascara.

I'm planning to stock up big time when I'm in Japan next, although it's still very reasonably priced to buy online too.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not sure if Kiss Me sell this product separately because I've only ever seen it as a free gift along with a mascara purchase, but this is a damn good mascara remover!

The applicator is like a regular mascara brush but there are no bristles, just the stick itself and little indentations on the end of the stick that hold the remover to the stick so you can brush it through your lashes. The remover makes it SO much easier to remove mascara! Kiss Me mascaras are ridiculously hard to remove with regular eye make up removers (but a small price to pay in my opinion and it holds my curl in place) and this remover makes such a light job of it all.

The remover doesn't sting my eyes at all nor does it leave my eyes blurry. If they sell this separately, I will definitely keep purchasing them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those products which has changed/simplified my every-day routine so much that I'm left wondering why I haven't been using mascara remover for the last 10 years.

I think what mascara remover is etc. has been adequately covered in many previous comments, so I will stick to relating how this fits into my life.

Way back when, I used to use a separate eye makeup remover and then wash my face. I always found eye makeup removers an annoying extra step, blah blah blah. For the last ummm 8 years? I've been using an oil cleanser instead, because I find this is much more easy and thorough in removing makeup and sunscreen gently. However, some of the most stubborn mascara sometimes isn't easily fully removed even by a good oil cleanser - this meant that I never used waterproof mascara or super long-wearing Japanese mascara, because it would be a pain to remove, and I'd risk losing lashes if I was impatient.

With mascara remover, even the toughest, most long-wearing, waterproof mascara comes off very easily, in a step which takes only seconds to do, and thus saves me time. This completely changes what mascaras I can use on an everyday basis.

What I do is use the wand to sweep mascara remover through my lashes, let it sink in for a minute or two (do something else useful, like tooth-brushing), and then wash my face (including eye area, to remove other eye makeup) with an oil cleanser like usual (oil --> dry face --> massage gently --> emulsify with a little water --> rinse & remove with cloth).

There seems to be some misconception in other comments that this is intended to function like an eye makeup remover, but in truth this is a different product niche, and personally I think it works more easily and naturally alongside the use of an oil cleanser to remove makeup all over the face. Then makeup removal doesn't feel like a 2-step process (remove eye makeup + wash face), but more like a pre-step (put on mascara remover) before regular cleansing (wash with oil cleanser). This really is easier and more gentle than going at your eyes with cotton pads. After letting the mascara remover sink in for a minute and adding my oil cleanser, a little gentle massage around the eyes with fingertips is all it takes to get everything off.

on 12/15/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OH MY GOD. I really wish I had purchased this remover earlier, instead of trying to make do with Vaseline. I adore and at the same time hate the extreme waterproof qualities of the Heroine Make mascaras, but this remover lets the mascara glide right off into my cotton pads in only a few swipes.
The packaging is simple and cute; a light pink tube the same size as a mascara. The wand isn't really a wand; it's more like a stick with ridges that lets me easily coat my lashes. Its convenience makes it easy to travel with. Its ingredients are all in Japanese, so I can't tell you what exactly is in it, but its consistency reminds me of Cetaphil, except more watery, which doesn't bother me but may bother others.
What I'm not a fan of is its price in the US. I got my remover+mascara pack from eBay for $18 which was the cheapest i could find, but seeing that Heroine Make is a drugstore brand, I'm pretty sure it's marked up from what it actually is in Japan. There's also the fact that you have to wait for it to deliver, but perhaps the wait makes it even more exciting to recieve.

Pros:
+ Convenient packaging
+ Wipes the Heroine Make mascaras off in only few swipes
+ Wand shape ensures product on every lash
Cons:
- No English on packaging, so ingredients are a mystery
- Price is usually marked up online
- Watery consistency (may not be a problem)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm not being very generous with the lippies because this product, while it works, is of absolutely no use to me without using a biphase eyemakeup remover AFTER using it. I've just found it an unnecessary step in removing my mascara... which all adds up to extra tugging around the eye area and spending money on excess products.

Yes, it does melt away the top layers of WP mascara but, after using a cotton pad to gently wipe the oil/liquid, it doesn't get rid of the gunk left behind at the lash line & leaves smears of oily, panda-eye residue which you definitely need another cleanser to get rid of. It also doesn't remove eyeliner or eyeshadow so, if you wear primer underneath your eyeshadows & use eyeliner, you're still going to have to get it off separately.

Note, also, that the formula has dimethicone in it therefore, if you have any problems with silicones, you probably shouldn't even try it out of curiosity.

WHO MIGHT FIND IT USEFUL: If you wear a lot of mascara (and I'm talking about quite a few coats!!!), it would probably be a good way of loosening the spiders up before swatting them with your usual remover. At my age, I don't use more than a couple of coats, especially with fibre building mascaras: 3 coats would be my maximum before I look as if I have a couple of tiny, wrinkly currants with hairy caterpillars crawling around them instead of eyes. It could be handy if you wear lashings of mascara to go out and want a faster way of removing it when you get home too tired to put a lot of energy into removing your makeup. Just remember to wipe the wand between coats!

There's no way of getting rid of bits of mascara on the wand other than wiping it, which means you're going to get through the tube very, very quickly. I wasn't really paying attention to the fact that I was plunging the comb/wand back in with remnants of mascara. I only got a week's worth of usage out of it before I realised that a LOT of mascara was going back in and dissolving in the solution after my eyes stung shockingly when I used it. I checked a bit of the liquid and it looked like sump oil instead of being relatively clear so I've had to toss it. I won't be repurchasing because I really don't need it with my HG biphase eyemakeup remover.

on 5/17/2013 7:03:00 PM

I got this mascara remover with the Heroine Make mascara. It came as a promo pack. I also tried their eye makeup remover that comes in a bottle but I prefer this one. I actually only wear eyeliner and mascara on a daily basis, so a mascara remover is perfect for me because it gets both off.

I really enjoy this product because of the wand. It's basically a mascara wand but instead of bristles it has grooves so it's really good at coating your eyelashes with makeup remover. This is the first step I take when starting my makeup removal - I apply it to my lashes and allow it to melt away my mascara while I remove the makeup on the rest of my face. Then I gently hold a cotton pad to my eyes and slide the mascara off. It takes about 2-3 swipes to get everything off and it works really well.

I don't have easy access to this product where I live so I found a sneaky solution. Once the tube is finished, I refill it with my Shu Uemura cleansing oil and its just as good. To do this, just pull the stopper out, wipe the inside clean if necessary, refill, and put it all back together. In fact, you can probably use a regular empty/clean mascara tube and fill it up with a good makeup cleanser the same way to make a DIY version of this product.

This is the product that would put my mind to ease. I always have a strange idea that my mascara is never thoroughly removed, though it's probably just my imagination. So, with the comb-like wand, I'm assured that each of my lashes are coated with the make-up remover. Apply the remover on mascara, remove the rest of the make up from your face and wipe-off the remover off from your eyes at the last step. Ta-da! All is gone, perfect for waterproof mascara!

on 10/24/2012 6:51:00 PM

I tried this remover in Japan. While it works as described, it's not easy to take off eyeliner and mascara if you wear both because this wand is specially designed for removing just the mascara. The only advantage is if you are traveling and do not want to bring a bottle of liquid makeup remover.

Otherwise I found it much easier to just use a liquid eye makeup remover. Heroine Make actually sells a good liquid eye makeup remover in Japan. But since I live in the U.S. I have found several good American eye makeup removers that removes Heroine Make mascara (Sonia K at Target and American Beauty at Kohl's). Since those are much easier to find in the U.S. and does a great job of removing waterproof mascara, I don't think it's worth the extra money to buy this remover which costs at least 2x more here than in Japan.

It removes all my (very) waterproof mascaras. It's a lifesaver for my lashes!