Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

4.1

Sponge

on 4/14/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not a Beauty Blender dupe, I repeat not dupe. I had to toss my Beauty Blender as the humidity caused it to never dry and then grow mold, gross, not touching my face. I wanted a new one but have been working pretty much everyday for the last three weeks. Stopped by Target and though I would get the Real Techniques, they didn't have one so I got this. The packaging is very difficult to open, I had to mutilate both ends of the package to get it open. The sponge itself is dense and heavy, it feels nothing like a Beauty Blender. Water does nothing to soften this, it feels hard against the face. Performance wise this is also pretty lack luster, it sucks up a lot of foundation, and takes more work to get the same effect as with a beauty blender. This help diffuse makeup a bit, but also has a tendency to cause makeup to be streaky or patchy Waste of money, pass this up if you are thinking about it.

on 12/2/2016 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this years ago and regretted it. It was so hard feels like a rock is hitting your face. Doesn't blend makeup at all. That thing is still roaming around in my home i though i threw it away but my kid found it i let him play with it. Reminds him of a bouncy ball. Anyway. Please people dont waste your money on this seriously. I have used beauty blender is amazing, but let me tell you that the real techniques sponge is amazing as well. So dont get sucked into buying an expensive sponge. Try the real techniques orange sponge $5-$7 depending where you buy. Its is soft, blends amazing and feel like heaven on your skin. Your face will thank you.

on 4/23/2015 3:08:00 PM

SK sponge very dense and does not grow big or soften up once it's damp. It stays the same shape and absorb a lot of liquid foundation. It's hard to tell if any foundation is blending onto your skin since it absorbs a lot of it into the sponge. I was dissatisfied with this product.

on 2/16/2015 7:13:00 PM

I purchased SK at Target, and like other reviews, i bought this because BB is pricey..
I like used it, because it made my makeup flawless and more even especially at that time i am beginner to make up.. I like used the pointy to the side of my nose, and the round to even up my make up..
But after i bought BB, SK is nothing compared it.. BB so soft, and make my face look more flawless.. I still used the SK though if my BB get washed because sometimes the densed sponge is better than softer one and SK is still make my makeup flawless, until when at time i like to play with brushes rather than sponge.. My SK and BB lying untouched..
After a while, i begin used sponge again, and i washed again BB and SK before used it.. BB is like first time i used it, still soft and easy to clean.. But SK now too hard and rough, and also i noticed my SK get broken a little bit when i washed it..
So BB is much better investment in my opinion because it still in its original shaped and soft after a long time and rewashed many time and do not get broken either.. SK is okay, but i am really dissapointed, when i found out my SK get broken after didn't used a long time and get hard and rough..
I have my BB for 3 years now, and its still good.. But i only used my SK for a few months, keeping it for another few months, and i cann't used it again.. Very disappointed..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

If you've tried the beauty blender, you will know that the Sonia kashuk sponge comes nothing close to it. Yes, $20 is pricy for a makeup sponge but the beauty blender is worth it!

The SK sponge is much more dense and it doesn't feel good on my skin when I apply makeup to my face.

well... this does not compare to Beauty Blender in even a 1 % (regardless the price- I am talking use here).. It is much more dense, does not expand when wet, and it feels more hard on your skin- which means it is not pleasure to work with at all!!! if I would want to slap myself I would do it without the sponge!!! so fail for me here.. I actually really want to compare it to sponge from QUO ( I am in Canada and we have this brand is Shoppers drugmart- no idea if US have it to).. but let me tell you this- Sonia Kashuk sponge ( failure to BB already), costs 10 CAD here, QUO sponge ( purple color- only one I saw)- costs 5 CAD..and if I would compare apples to apples I can tell you right now that the QUO sponge is absolutely amazing- it is the same density as BB ( I have both), it applies foundation same way, it is soft and bouncy.. shaped different- actually shape is exactly like Sonia Kashuk one- personally I could not care less.. and price is absolutely is a steal! so long story short- Sonia Kashuk sponge-NO, BB-YES, QUO-YES, and extra point for price!

on 5/26/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never used the BB so cant review from that perspective BUT that doesnt stop me from raving about this product. Im not usually one to jump on the bandwagon but im fairly dissapointed in myself for not doing so earlier with the makeup sponge!

To make your foundation last (both in the bottle and on your face) dab a small amount on your face (little dabs around your face) then use the damp sponge to blend it in. This way the sponge isnt sucking in all the foundation but rather dabbing it around the face evenly.

on 3/2/2014 1:23:00 PM

I am of the opinion that every woman who wears liquid foundation should have a decent quality cosmetic sponge. For many women, myself included, the original Beauty Blender is very cost prohibitive. The Sonia Kashuk sponge is not only more affordable, it's more accessible as well. I can pick mine up at the local Target, whereas the BB is a little harder to find. One big difference, besides the shape, is the density of the foam material. The SK sponge is very dense and when wetted doesn't expand anywhere near as much as the BB.

The pointed tip is excellent for blending foundation around the creases of the nose and for blending concealer around the eyes. While everyone has a different method for using this sponge, I like to squirt some liquid foundation on the back of my hand and tamp the flat bottom end of the SK sponge into that dollop of foundation and then roll the bottom of the sponge across my skin. I use the flat sides of the pointed tip to blend out around my eyebrows and into my hairline. Then I just roll it around to even everything out. This gives me a nice even finish. This brush also cleans up nicely using Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Miracle Liquid Castille Soap. I use the peppermint version for its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. Plus it leaves my brushes smelling nice and refreshingly clean.

My only complaint is that this sponge soaks up a ton a product and does't deposit all of it onto the skin. Maybe that's because I use a light hand, or maybe it really does suck up that much foundation. I find a go through about a third more foundation using this sponge than when I use my Eco Tools flat foundation brush. But the trade-off is a flawless application, which the Eco Tools brush cannot achieve.

on 2/14/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I tried this out before investing in the BB. It put on the foundation just fine, but definitely did not leave it super blended/airbrushed. The sponge is a bit hard and feels less soft/bouncy than the BB. Overall, it does the job but it doesn't do it particularly extraordinarily.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this sponge and it was nice but was so hard, even when wet.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools