Ecotools Bamboo Flat Foundation Brush

Price: $

on 2/20/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great brush for a small price. I really like Ecotools products AND values, so I won't fault them for me not loving this brush. It's just that me and flat foundations brushes don't get along. I just can't apply foundation with this type of brush without it looking streaky. But I 100% vouch for the quality, as I used mine for many years as a teen (when the streakiness of the foundation was the least of my many makeup problems) and it held up beautifully through wash after wash and use after use. I actually still have one of these in my collection, and I use it to apply face masks. I like to use different masks for different areas at the same time, and since the brush is really dense it's easy to just pat the masks onto where I want them without the brush soaking up half of the product.

So if you like this type of foundation brush, I'd definitely recommend it.

on 11/20/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have joint issues and this was the first foundation brush that I purchased. I like the fact it was cheap and soft. It is easy to clean. It does a decent job on applying foundation, but since the brush is too small it does take some time to apply to your whole face. I purchased two of these brush since I liked it so much. But, then I discovered the Sigma F82. OH MY GOODNESS, it is more money but worth it. You can apply your foundation in less than 2 minutes. But I still use EcoTools brush to apply concealer.

To Read all 232 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/21/2014 12:42:00 PM

Really cheap price but good quality! (I got mine for 5$)

The brush is really soft, easy to apply liquid foundation with it. I have sensitive skin and didn't have any problem with it :)

For the price it's a great foundation brush. It was the first one I'd ever used. I just couldn't justify paying thirty or forty dollars for one. With the great quality of these brushes and the great quality from Real Techniques I still don't feel the need to pay outstanding prices for a foundation or face brush.

This little brush gets the job done. It was recommended to me by a co-worker and I'm really glad I listened to her. It applies my B.B. cream flawlessly and there are no streaks and no shedding. The bristles are very soft, and the brush is not hard to clean which is always a plus. I'm very happy with this little brush, and can't wait to try more from Ecotools. I've even just recently purchased their B.B. cream brush and I'm very excited to try it out. I highly recommend this brush.

on 1/19/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this brush after a trip to clinique recommended I started using brushes instead of my fingers to help prevent blemishes. And I do love this brush, pricey for me because I am a student on a tight budget, but I have had it for about 2 years now and its still works great. I try my best to clean it every week and the brush hairs never fall off. Like never. And it is super soft and does a really god job of evening out my foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a good, affordable brush. Ecotools brushes are usually very good quality, easy to find, and great prices. I found this at Rite Aid and it's great for concealer, mineral foundation, tinted moisturizer, or liquid foundation with no bristle fallout. It definitely better than the E.L.F. $1 foundation brush and it's comparable to higher end brushes. I usually use this in small spots to touch up foundation or with concealer. I find that it will leave streaks if I use it all over my face with liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. Overall, a great quality brush for an excellent price. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/31/2013 1:44:00 PM

I do not see the point of this brush. All it does is make my foundation streaky and uneven and then I have to buff it all out. I heard from a professional makeup artist that this type of brush is much better for slapping on primer. Another complaint is that it is hard to clean. All the foundation bunches up in the inner bristles and does not want to come out. Not the best brush from Eco Tools.

on 11/29/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All the bristles came out the 3rd time I washed this brush :-( my concealer brush bristles fell out after a few months, too. It's really sad too b/c they were beautifully soft- I loved all the EcoTools brushes, but now I don't trust them and I'll be replacing anymore that crap out on me with a different brand. I EXPECT BRUSHES TO LAST ME AT LEAST A YEAR, ESPECIALLY WHEN I HARDLY USE THEM- WTF?!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product this is my favorite brush will buy again if I either lose it or gets broken by another family member so far it hasn't. I like how soft it feel on my skin, because it's sensitive.
Thanks ecotools.

on 6/25/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It's a good brush. Then again, all foundation brushes are kind of the same.... I do adore it's softness, but rarely use it as I use my e.l.f. Powder Brush most of the time. Ecotools products are among my favorite brushes. I got this brush in the mini version at Big Lots in a set (five dollars for four brushes and a carry case, great deal), and they had a couple more of them, so go to your local Big Lots! It includes a powder brush, small foundation brush, small blush brush (my favorite brush of any brush I own), and a small eye brush. All in all, good brush, and good deal too :)

Popular Makeup Brushes