Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

2.7

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 3/4/2013 10:54:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. But Laura Geller, your products leave too much shimmer. I have a bronzer/blush that leaves a lot of shimmer on my face.
This is meant to be a primer. It leaves a very light shimmer across my face, when you put on foundation, you hardly notice it. But you will notice it on your hands and on your clothes and makeup if you are like me- I use my hands for applying concealer and foundation. I don't feel that it really smoothes out my face or "primes" meaning that it doesn't feel smooth like that silicone feeling. It is very light, so you hardly know that its on your face and absorbs into my skin well.

I received a sample size of this in a birchbox and I've been using it for about a month now. I was afraid it would make me look orange becasue I'm very fair (nc20) but it doesn't at all. It adds a warmth to my complexion without being too bronzy or orange or changing the color of my foundation. This primer is very lightweight and doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. I've experienced no breakouts from this either and I'm acne prone. It doesn't make my foundation last any longer than other primers I've tried though. Overall I really like the warmth it adds, especially when my skin is sallow in the winter from not being out in the sun. I would most likely repurchase this if I can find it in stores. It's a tad pricey but I don't mind investing in my face products if they work well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this product in my birchbox and was skeptical at first because the color seemed so dark for my paler skin tone. But when I tried it out I found that I really loved it! I wear it alone without foundation, because I hate foundation, and it feels like there is nothing there. It gives my skin the hint of a tiny glow. The thing I love the most about it is that you can't feel it on your skin like with foundation. This is a good product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Got this in October's Birchbox. Don't like it. It is thin, runny, and does nothing. It goes on dark, but is clear. Does not hide pores, which is not a lot to ask of a primer.

on 8/28/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off i am very oily and i am still on the search for a primer that makes my makeup stay put for the day. This was not good for me at all. I really felt as if this was making my makeup slide off even faster. It goes on nicely and feels good on your face but does not help!

I have a tiny tube of this from a try-me kit and I'll definitely buy the full size from QVC come summertime. I love the regular spackle and this version has the added benefit of a touch of colour for no-makeup days ( so I don't look so dead!). I find that my foundation does not stay colour-true or last the day without a primer and Laura's primer are among the very best for me. Highly recommended, HG status!

on 2/1/2009 2:51:00 PM

I recently purchased this because I was looking for a primer and liked the idea it was tinted as I could use a little extra color right now. I used it for several days but ended up returning it. It did not help my makeup last any longer than when I did not use this and it made my skin oily.