Bobbi Brown Corrector

Bobbi Brown Corrector

4.1

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, oxokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007), carmine (ci 75470).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'll leave the performance review to the last. My complaint for this corrector is firstly the packaging. If it wasn't for my curiosity prompted by the good reviews I would never get a corrector in a jar. I wear make-up once a week or less so for me a corrector will last for a long time. Which makes jar packaging extra problematic because it will get exposed to air, dust and all for a longer period of time. It's extra extra problematic that I'll use it on my eyelid area, the most sensitive part of the face. AND, since we will use an eye cream/primer first, I need to wash my hands, wait for it to dry so I won't pass cream or water to the corrector if I'll use the product with my hands which I personally prefer over a brush at first. Another thing is I wish the product came with a little brush instead of a mirror inside or not had any mirror at all. The mirror is so small I doubt anyone would find it useful. Presumably the price would be a little cheaper if there was no mirror.

Now the performance...

I read some users found this drying but I didn't. My eye area is on the dry side too but not THAT dry. I have fine lines as well. This didn't fill in the fine lines and when I use a good eye cream, there was no problem with blending the corrector nor it dried my skin.

As a corrector it's kind of difficult to make a strong comment for me because to be honest as someone with very fair skin and dark circles, I'm still not sure what to expect from a corrector. I watched a lot of videos from make-up bloggers and on those who have darker skin tones, a good corrector + concealer totally cover their dark circles. It gets tricky when you have very fair skin and your dark circles are really dark. I used only two other correctors before this one. One of them was orange and did the best work at covering my dark circles but to match that with the rest of my skin tone, I need to apply full-face foundation, significantly darker than my natural skin tone and obviously it doesn't look natural at all. When I go with shades more suitable for my skin tone, my dark circles don't get covered fully. This is what I did with this product as well. The BB's make-up artist told me Extra Light Bisque shade would be the right choice for me and indeed its color and shade suit the best for my general skin tone. But it was too light to cover my dark circles. Even with concealer and foundation on top, you could still see some purpleness under my eyes.

Obviously this is an expensive product especially compare to how small it is. In my opinion if it will cover your dark circles alone or only with a concealer/foundation, it might worth the price. My advice is don't purchase this online without trying first. Go to a store, try different shades and ask for techniques. But unless there's a way I don't know yet and for those of us with very fair skin and dark circles, there's no way to cover our annoying purple/blue circles with this product alone or with corrector + concealer alone, I don't think it's worth the price. While I'm willing to spend extra money on the products that will stay on top, if a product will only be a 'step' and not be visible on top, I don't see the point in spending this much money.

on 2/10/2018 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've always had dark circles, and age has exacerbated them. Of the "flaws" I want to cover up, it's always on the top three. But covering effectively when one has dry skin and is older? Tricky. If one piles on enough to camouflage, it looks cakey and worse than nothing, at least to my eyes. A reasonable amount helps some, but not nearly enough.

That's where I'm coming from; had heard this is an amazing, revolutionary product; that the specialized colors worked miracles, yada yada. Already had a lot of different correctors and concealers, never entirely happy with any of them, at least for this usage. Finally decided to give this a go; what did I have to lose?

So I dropped by my local Bobbi Brown counter, just wanting to test the colors and get more info. A lovely young gentleman was helping me--he was so cute, surprised I knew anything, I don't think he was a BB person, but very nice and helpful--and he was digging and digging, trying to find the color I wanted to test (Extra Light Peach Bisque). He FINALLY found one, but an unopened product, no tester. Sigh.

So along comes the BB rep, and she's nice if a bit businesslike; saying, "Oh, we've got a 15% off sale right now," and subtly steers me into purchasing. WTH, it's Nordstrom, can bring it back if I don't like it, right?

Took it home, gave it a whirl. Tried in several different techniques, and guess what? Just fine... but not revolutionary. Not even close. No better than the other correctors I have laying around, and for the price (nearly $30 for a TINY pan), I expect more/better. So yes, I returned it. NOT because it was bad, but because it did not do what I bought it for. I would have preferred that it worked; I would have sung its praises, I would have repurchased over and over again. But not to be; the search continues.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had very high hopes for this mainly because I don't like to pile the product and the fact that the only tiny amount is needed to conceal everything sounded awesome.
In reality, you really need only a tiny-tiny amount of the product to cover up everything you want to cover. Correctors work 10 times better than concealers if the coverage is what you're looking for.
My issue with this particular product is that all shades are pink based, very pink and somehow it doesn't flatter my under eye area.
The other issue is that it looks very dry, even with a moisturizer under. Just a dry flat matte aging product.
I think it will work wonders for people with combo to oily skin, but for mine, somehow dry is a pass.

on 1/6/2018 12:09:00 PM

One of my best ever beauty purchases.
It has completely transformed how the area around my eyes looks - especially the far inner corners next to my nose - they are usually blueish and make me look tired Now they just look kind of glowy and somehow make my nose look better too.
It is very 'barely there' and natural looking - which I love. I have avoided concealers because they usually make me look older and more tired somehow, and I don't like the heavy makeup look. This has an amazing creamy texture - if you blend it with fingers it helps to warm it up and blends better, and just sort of brightens everything up.
I bought the light peach bisque - I wanted this colour, even though it's a bit too 'warm' for me as I wanted the peach to counteract the blue/purply colour around my eyes. That approach seems to have worked, but I can't say whether the extra light bisque would have been better, even though I tried it in the store I was put off by how light ivory pink it was. So maybe just try before you buy! I wasn't offered the lighter shades in store - the porcelain bisque and porcelain peach - I only found out about them when I checked the website later. So make sure you have a good idea of the shades available too.
It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

on 12/22/2017 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very complicated feelings about this product. It does really correct under eyes but it doesnt suit well with the concealer I m using on top of it. And also you have to moisturize before applying it, if not it looks like desert :D I like it but Im finding it so overwhelming when using it. I have to pick perfect eye cream + concealer on top and blend well to make it look good. I think I ll pass

on 11/19/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have very fair ‘translucent’ skin, so the area around my eyes can appear very dark and blue-ish, with the addition of many visible veins. I prefer to cover this and Bobbi Brown’s corrector is the perfect product to do so. It takes minimal product to completely erase, cover and correct the discolouration under my eyes. The texture and appearance on the skin is so natural, I’d go as far to say it’s traceless. There is no need for concealer after using this, it does the job without. The packaging is sturdy and secure. Small and convenient to take with you for on-the-go use. Only reason I have marked down the price is because it tends to get used up fairly quickly. A typical pot with last me 2 months max - which is quick for me. I truly cannot recommend this product enough, it’s all I’ll reach for now. I LOVE it!

on 11/15/2017 11:03:00 PM

I'm NC41 or Bobbi Brown 'Natural Tan' or 'Warm Natural'. I got this in 'Peach'. This was my first corrector or concealer product. I have never used a concealer/corrector before I got this. However, I tried many over the counter and I found them dry and ashy for my skin tone (LM, MAC and Maybelline Age Rewind). I tried the much hyped MUFE HD concealer but I still didn't like my concealer like a lighter veil of color on top of pigmented under eyes. This issue I had with the finish of most concealers kept me from using one for a long time. I got the shade 'Peach' and I used my fingers to apply it. At first I used to drag the product under my lids. However, it does not work well this way. The patting motion works well. Also, if you find a skin-tone correct color, you can go without concealer. I always did. Please note that I'm a light make-up wearer (no foundation or light dusting of powder foundation by MAC). Also my make up application skills are quite minimal and that is one reason I stayed away from concealers or liquid foundations fearing I may not be able to make them work. For this reason, I am also uncomfortable going very light under the eyes. If you are like me, begin with this corrector. It brightens up your under eyes but you don't feel like you've gone uncomfortably light under the eyes. It works well with minimal face makeup.

Pros:
- creamy and very easy to blend.
- finish is creamy/dewy (looks beautiful and natural)
- if you find a right shade, you can skip concealer too. I always do and don't have a concealer yet.
- works reasonably well when applied only with fingers. I have purchased the full coverage touch up brush after I see it being used for this product. But I don't have it yet and I used fingers to apply this product with good results. I will update once I've used this with my brush. I wanted to make the application better and that was the reason for purchasing this brush.

Cons:
- does slightly settle into lines over the course of the day but not very obvious

on 10/29/2017 12:44:00 AM

This is a god send for those looking for a no makeup makeup look. On clear skin days all I need is this on my well moisturised eye area rubbed between the fingers and then patted on with a brush topped with some touché eclat and I’m showered with compliments on my glowy/dewy skin. I’m NC 25-30 with bluish dark circles and the shade peach bisque is perfect for me. Give it a try and you’ll be a convert for life.

I have a extremely fair complexion, and often have issues with finding concealer (and foundation) that doesn't make my face orange. This product is the best match thus far. I also have some acne scarring, as well as dark circles. I find this does a great job in covering everything up. It's also buildable, but a little goes a long way. The texture is creamy and smooth. Just all around favourite concealer of all time.

on 9/14/2017 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This. Stuff. Works! I am very fair with cool undertones, and my problem is bluish discoloration underneath my eyes, mainly confined to the inner corner. Porcelain Bisque is the shade I use. I had been using By Terry's concealer/highlighter product, similar to YSL's Touche Eclat, the product she created. It worked just okay: the brush was far too large to be practical, and it was difficult to dispense the right amount of product, either too much or too little. So I began my quest for a new HG product, and this is it! I do prep my under eye area with a very light application of a lightweight eye cream (currently Bliss) first. It takes the smallest amount of product to correct discoloration. I place the product with a small brush and blend with my ring finger. It blends beautifully and takes so little to achieve so much! It is recommended that you follow up with a light touch of concealer, but I find on most days concealer is not necessary provided I blend it very well. An absolute staple for me.