Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

3.3

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 2/18/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite beauty product, HANDS DOWN!! I paid $25.00 for it, but it comes in a large bottle so it lasts forever...I tend to have dry skin (AND getting up there in age) so the light creamy texture does wonders for my skin! Any kind of foundation I use tend to look cakey, but this just smooths out the appearance of my skin, but looks very natural. It almost adds a glow I guess you could say to my face- I get compliments all the time about how great my skin looks when I wear this! I just apply the primer, a little loose poweder, and I'm good to go!

on 11/11/2011 1:24:00 AM

I used to use the reg version of spackle in the past. I have normal / dry skin and found it to be somewhat moisturizing. It worked well for me, but purchasing it was always a pita as no stores carried it. I have always wanted to try the bronze version.

Well I was @ Ulta the other day just browsing as I was bored, and low-and-behold behind me were LG products. I was surprised to see a few shelves dedicated to LG as I though since she was out of Sephora, she was basically out of all brick and mortar stores.

Needless to say when I had seen the bronze spackle I knew I had to try it, rather buy it. My first impression was "wow" the bottle is huge. It carries 2 oz, comes in a pump bottle which is good for hygenic purposes. The cost was $20. Not bad at all!

To begin, I am NC30 w/ normal/ dry skin. I have redness around my nose and cheeks for the most part. I always loved a tinted primer as it helps to even out my skintone. I pumped out about 1 1/2 pumps of this spackle onto my fingertips and applied it all over my face like I would a moisturizer. At first I tried a reg foundation brush, but I felt that it absorb my spackle, as I really couldn't feel it on my skin. Fingers work best for this primer. It felt good on my face, almost cool sensation, and it evened out my skintone slightly ( no orange color) while giving me a subtle glow. Heaven knows I need to glow as I am getting older, my skin looks duller :(

It didn't feel tacky, but moist...it did dry down after a few minutes. This is fine for me as I prime my face, then do my eye makeup, then my fndtn. My fndtn glides on my face, blends easily, and works well with this spackle. I don't have huge pores, so can't really comment on this reducing pore size, but for me this foundation really works well. It does help my fndtn wear longer, even out skintone, gives me a subtle glow, adds a tad more moisture.

Just from the texture of this primer, I honestly don't think it would be all that beneficial for oily skinned ppl, as there are no mattifying ingredients. I would recommend it to ppl w/ the same skin type as me. I am happy with this primer, and will repurchase as long as it's easily available. I do alternate between this and my MAC P&P :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Got this in October's Birchbox. Don't like it. It is thin, runny, and does nothing. It goes on dark, but is clear. Does not hide pores, which is not a lot to ask of a primer.

on 2/1/2009 2:51:00 PM

I recently purchased this because I was looking for a primer and liked the idea it was tinted as I could use a little extra color right now. I used it for several days but ended up returning it. It did not help my makeup last any longer than when I did not use this and it made my skin oily.