La Roche Posay physiological micellar solution

La Roche Posay physiological micellar solution
La Roche Posay Solution Micellaire Physiologique

3.9

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Dihydrocholeth 30, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/12/2017 3:39:00 PM

Had to go through about 3 large cotton wool pads of this stuff to get my make up off. Not worth it.

on 2/21/2017 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was given a sample of this product and have been using it for a few weeks. It does a great job removing dirt and make up. I pour some on a cotton pad and swipe across my face. Even without wearing make up, the cotton pad becomes brown with dirt. However, a drawback for me is how dry it leaves my skin. A moisturizer is a definite necessity when using this product.

I found this micellar water lacking. I got talked into this by a lady at Shoppers Drug Mart and I wish I hadn't strayed. The fragrance is fine, it goes away...but the drying sensation after is not something experience with Bioderma. There's a reason it has the reputation of being the cat's meow. La Roche Posay removes face makeup well enough but I find myself having to use way more rounds fully saturated with product. My non waterproof mascara will not yield to this fully, and i have to rub and let it sit for too long. I've tried other cheaper brands such as the Garnier and Simple and would recommend those two way before this product they are almost dupes for bioderma.

It's one thing to pay less and not get as good a product...i get that.

But paying equal or more to Bioderma...this should be on the same level at least.

on 10/10/2016 10:38:00 AM

Pros: Took off my makeup with ease No harsh rubbing, the fragrance dissipates, left my skin soft. Cons: Left my skin a bit tight & on the uncomfortable side (sensitive skin here) & irritated my eyes :(

I've used this to remove face makeup before I cleanse. It works well but I wish it had no fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This micellar water would rank right up there with Bioderma's and Marcelle's, in my book, if it didn't contain fragrance. For those with sensitive skin, there are better options.

PROS
- Cleans skin and removes makeup as well as other micellar waters.
- Pretty decent bottle/dispenser. (Bioderma's and Marcelle's are better, though, offering more control and less waste.)

CONS
- Light fragrance that irritated my sensitive skin, leaving it mildly red, dry, and tight. It's not as bad as Avene's micellar water, all the same.
- Like other micellar waters, it cannot remove waterproof mascara.
- Expensive. There are more affordable products that perform equivalently...or better, if they are fragrance-free!

on 12/11/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm convinced that micellar water should be used to remove makeup before you start your skin care routine, not in place of cleansing your face. I use two cotton rounds to remove makeup, but a separate eye makeup remover for tough mascara, color tattoo shadow, etc as this micellar water isn't too effective on the eye area. It does a good job of prepping the skin for my cleanser but I don't know that it's truly any better than any other micellar water on the market. I do love LRP, it's always been kind to my skin and I would recommend all of the LRP products I've used, including this one. This is a fantastic brand, one of a select few worth the cost.

on 9/23/2015 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Been using this about three weeks now and I'm quite pleased with this. It's easier for me to use than oil based cleansers, as I don't need to rinse and thus it is quite portable and easy. It takes off the makeup I wear....no foundation but I do wear some tenacious silicone like sunscreen/Bb creams...like COTZ skin tone. It takes it off with two cotton pads. It also removes my color tattoo eyeshadow. No irritation or breakouts either!! Quite the accomplishment on my acne, rosacea, seb derm prone extra sensitive skin.

on 8/8/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good micellar water, but the price is a little ludicrous for what it is - a simple, straightforward cleansing water.

I use this solution daily to remove makeup and cleanse my very dry skin, which has a tendency to flake. It is not harsh and does a good job of removal. As with any micellar water, this won't cut it if you're trying to remove heavy duty eye makeup like waterproof mascara or eyelash glue. The water will make a dent in it, but I keep jojoba oil on hand for additional cleansing power.

In the six months I've been using this product, I have had no breakouts or irritation from it. I've even converted to this water from cold cream. They're both equal in terms of being gentle on my skin, but using the water is much more sanitary than dipping into the giant tub of cold cream.

The one con of this product (other than price) is the FRAGRANCE. My skin doesn't get irritated by fragrance, but if yours does, don't waste your money on this product.

I don't plan to repurchase because there are other micellar waters at a fraction of the price with which I get identical results (i.e. the Simple micellar water and the Boots one). But I'd recommend this product to anyone curious to find out what all the micellar water hype is about.

on 12/17/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this was the third micellar water Iíve used, although I confess to not using it in the way it recommends (i.e. to cleanse your skin without the need to wash your face). I always question the effectiveness of using just a cleansing product without the need to wash your face afterwards, as from personal experience (for example when using cleansing wipes) my skin doesnít take too kindly to it and thatís when the breakouts start to occur.

So, how did I use this? Well, mainly as a makeup remover before continuing on to my regular skincare routine. And as a product that claims to eliminate impurities and excess sebum, whilst effectively removing your makeup, I have to say this didnít live up to the claims. I had to work really hard to get even the simplest of eye makeup off and eventually found the best way was to soak a cotton pad in it, then leave that to Ďrestí on my eye for a few seconds before attempting any kind of removal process. Sadly though, even this process wasnít fool proof and I still found remnants of mascara and eye shadow after using upwards of 3 soaked cotton pads on each eye. And I wasnít frugal with the stuff either!

Of all the micellar waters Iíve used to date, I have to say this goes down as the worst one. Although thereís a lot of hype around Bioderma, thereís no denying it works and itís the one Iíve seen the best results from. The La Roche Posay Micellar Water costs £12.00 for 200ml, but at £20.00 for 500ml Bioderma is much better value for money and works way better too, meaning you wonít be left with eyes and a face feeling stripped and sore.