La Roche-Posay physiological micellar solution

La Roche-Posay physiological micellar solution
La Roche Posay Solution Micellaire Physiologique

3.9

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Dihydrocholeth 30, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Fragrance (Parfum)

It's a great product, does exactly what is expected from it. Doesn't strip off the natural oils, doesn't sting or give irritation. Quite happy about it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's my favorite micellar water cleanser thus far and I have tried several. I feel it does a better job of removing my makeup then the other micellar waters (drugstore and high end). It doesn't break me out and I feel like I have actually seen less monthly break outs since I started using it.
Con, it's drying. I have oily skin so this suits me fine. Just need a little moisturizer after to get rid of the tightness.

on 3/12/2017 3:39:00 PM

Had to go through about 3 large cotton wool pads of this stuff to get my make up off. Not worth it.

on 2/21/2017 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was given a sample of this product and have been using it for a few weeks. It does a great job removing dirt and make up. I pour some on a cotton pad and swipe across my face. Even without wearing make up, the cotton pad becomes brown with dirt. However, a drawback for me is how dry it leaves my skin. A moisturizer is a definite necessity when using this product.

I found this micellar water lacking. I got talked into this by a lady at Shoppers Drug Mart and I wish I hadn't strayed. The fragrance is fine, it goes away...but the drying sensation after is not something experience with Bioderma. There's a reason it has the reputation of being the cat's meow. La Roche Posay removes face makeup well enough but I find myself having to use way more rounds fully saturated with product. My non waterproof mascara will not yield to this fully, and i have to rub and let it sit for too long. I've tried other cheaper brands such as the Garnier and Simple and would recommend those two way before this product they are almost dupes for bioderma.

It's one thing to pay less and not get as good a product...i get that.

But paying equal or more to Bioderma...this should be on the same level at least.

on 10/10/2016 10:38:00 AM

Pros: Took off my makeup with ease No harsh rubbing, the fragrance dissipates, left my skin soft. Cons: Left my skin a bit tight & on the uncomfortable side (sensitive skin here) & irritated my eyes :(

I've used this to remove face makeup before I cleanse. It works well but I wish it had no fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This micellar water would rank right up there with Bioderma's and Marcelle's, in my book, if it didn't contain fragrance. For those with sensitive skin, there are better options.

PROS
- Cleans skin and removes makeup as well as other micellar waters.
- Pretty decent bottle/dispenser. (Bioderma's and Marcelle's are better, though, offering more control and less waste.)

CONS
- Light fragrance that irritated my sensitive skin, leaving it mildly red, dry, and tight. It's not as bad as Avene's micellar water, all the same.
- Like other micellar waters, it cannot remove waterproof mascara.
- Expensive. There are more affordable products that perform equivalently...or better, if they are fragrance-free!

on 12/11/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm convinced that micellar water should be used to remove makeup before you start your skin care routine, not in place of cleansing your face. I use two cotton rounds to remove makeup, but a separate eye makeup remover for tough mascara, color tattoo shadow, etc as this micellar water isn't too effective on the eye area. It does a good job of prepping the skin for my cleanser but I don't know that it's truly any better than any other micellar water on the market. I do love LRP, it's always been kind to my skin and I would recommend all of the LRP products I've used, including this one. This is a fantastic brand, one of a select few worth the cost.

on 9/23/2015 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Been using this about three weeks now and I'm quite pleased with this. It's easier for me to use than oil based cleansers, as I don't need to rinse and thus it is quite portable and easy. It takes off the makeup I wear....no foundation but I do wear some tenacious silicone like sunscreen/Bb creams...like COTZ skin tone. It takes it off with two cotton pads. It also removes my color tattoo eyeshadow. No irritation or breakouts either!! Quite the accomplishment on my acne, rosacea, seb derm prone extra sensitive skin.