Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For someone that has very oily skin, this is a HG!!

My skin starts to get oily less than half an hour after washing my face and shiny oily after an hour, but when I used this to set my makeup my face was matte for at least 3 hours + sweating!! I'm not sure if it would stay matte for longer than that as I used it when I was out at a party and I didn't stay long. It however still impressed me because I haven't found a product which kept my oily skin at bay for longer than half an hour. My face was very smooth as well when I used this.

However I didn't give a full 5/5 as I looked slightly pale in photos with this powder on, but it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Basically,
pros:
-keeps oily skin matte. highly recommended for people with oily skin
-makes skin velvety smooth
-product lasts long
-makeup stayed on well
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't feel heavy/make my skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gave a pale complexion

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Just purchased my second container of this today (my last was bought in March 2016, so it lasts nearly a year). It is the most silky, flawless powder I have ever used. I don't use it to bake, only to set foundation (MUFE Ultra HD or Nars Sheer Glow). It truly prolongs the wear of my foundation and while this is expensive at $42 (in Canada), it is so worth it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.