Ardell LashGrip Adhesive for Strip Lashes

3.2

on 12/4/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after using that HORRIBLE Duo adhesive. I love this glue, it holds my lashes in place all day & removing them is so easy no tugging & pulling like with the Duo. When I wash off my makeup at night there is no residue. The Duo was impossible to remove. It smells pretty bad but hey most lash adhesives have a weird scent. I purchased the clear & unlike the Duo it really is clear the Duo left white spots. Like another reviewer mentioned I don't apply the adhesive directly to the lashes I apply a small drop on my lash case & I use a clean toothpick & pick up some glue and apply it to the false lash making sure to concentrate enough product on the inner corners. I love this & I will keep repurchasing!

on 8/30/2016 11:20:00 AM

I'm a newbie to applying false eyelashes (falsies) and now I'm obsessed! Ardell LashGrip Eyelash CLEAR Adhesive was the first glue I picked up because it was cheaper than Duo at Wal-Mart and I didn't want to yet splurge as a beginner who is just getting used to applying falsies everyday.

First of all, do NOT put the glue directly on your falsies. The opening is a bit too big and your falsies will get messy with globs of glue on it UNLESS you have super precision skills (which I don't). So what I do is I pinch out A TINY DOT of glue out of the tube on a piece of paper (any clean surface works, really) - JUST A DOT. A LITTLE of this glue goes A LONG WAY. Then I take an OPENED SAFETY PIN (yes, you read that right - an OPENED safety pin) and dab the PIN PART ONLY into the dot of glue so a spot of glue is now on it. With my falsies already laid out and face-up, I then use my other free hand to hold a blackhead remover tool (the one with two loops on both ends) OR a tweezer (OR whatever precision tool works for you) to hold my falsies in place so they don't move around as my other hand dabs the safety pin with glue onto the lash line! I've found this is the most effective way of putting glue on my falsies with this particular tube (since the opening is too big). OR alternatively, you could use one hand to hold the falsie and use your other hand to dab glue on it with a safety pin. And oh, don't forget to wipe your safety pin once in awhile to keep the glue from building up from the previous dab.

Does this method take a long time? NOPE. It literally takes me 5 seconds to put glue on each falsie (two in total) using this method. Does the glue ever smudge? Not at all. A safety pin is small enough to use on the bends of the falsies - I've successfully put glue on my falsies on the lash line ONLY. You may also ask, what if I accidentally scrape glue onto the lashes themselves with the safety pin? First of all, this won't happen because you're using a safety pin for precision. The most that will happen is that the glue (with your shaky hand at first) might go a little over the lash line, but it's not a big deal because once the glue dries, it becomes clear and it's not going to touch the rest of your lashes - only the ones closest to the lash line. Your other hand is still holding down the falsies with a blackhead remover tool/tweezer/etc. or with just your fingers so it won't move around so much as you apply the glue, remember? Once the glue is on both falsies, I just use my tweezers/fingers to pick it up and paste it onto my eyelid/lash line and adjust as usual so they look 'natural'.

Finally, this glue comes out WHITE but dries CLEAR so they didn't lie about it being a CLEAR adhesive! As for the staying power, I've found it can last me the WHOLE DAY without my falsies falling out. It has a great stronghold! I even accidentally fell asleep with them on and my falsies were still on my eyes when I woke up five-six hours later (I sleep with the back of the head on the pillow and I don't move around too much). I also fell asleep again with them on (I'm not a wild sleeper) and they were still on my eyes when I woke up seven hours later so this Ardell LashGrip Clear Adhesive has a LONG staying power for holding your lashes! Best of all, it's SO EASY to take out at the end of your night! It WON'T rip at your eyelids or eyelashes or hurt them in any way at all. As easy and smooth as it is to stick on your real lash line and stay there, it is just as easy to peel off smoothly (I use a tweezer to help me with this). I was impressed with all the great things this glue could do!

P.S.: If I need to make any adjustments on my falsies once they're on my real lash line, I take the same safety pin to poke at it to move it around or dab some glue on again to make sure the ends of the falsies are actually glued down. Make sure you're looking directly into the mirror doing this so you don't accidentally stab yourself, lol.

/Edit: Banjos, a member here, kindly messaged me to let me know that an open paper clip (instead of a safety pin) works just as well and it's less dangerous! Thanks for the tip! :)

I've been wearing false eyelashes almost everyday for 4 years and this is the worst eyelash glue I've ever tried. The one I usually buy was sold out so I got this instead. This glue is soooo thin and runny almost like water and it takes a few minutes to because tacky or else it won't stick at all. Also when I use this the glue doesn't dry clear it dries white. Once you get the glue tacky enough it will go on but by the end of the day I have one edge or the other peeling off and my lashes never feel secure.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am going to be the odd ball here and say that I prefer the Ardell glue . I am a newbie to lashes (and am addicted) and I've bought all of these : duo clear, duo black, duo brush on, Quo , and Ardell lash grip . I swear EVERYTIME I use duo my lashes fall off its horrible I've thrown out $30 lashes twice because I kept reapplying and was a dummy and didn't practice on cheap ones so between reapplying fiddling and cleaning they were garbage. Anyways. I kept trying cause duo is #1 reviewed . Starting with clear, then black then brush on and I did everything like apply and let dry a bit till it's tacky , not too much not too little more on the ends blah blah ! Today at work one of my lashes was 3/4 off before I noticed (humiliating) yet when I use Ardell and let it sit for a min or two. I have no issues I also had started fixing my duo fall offs with Ardell. I just gave up and bought an extra Ardell lash grip. Duo sucks.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've noticed a lot of bad reviews on this lash glue and I get it, but this works for me!
I had bought my first good quality false lashes to wear to a Christmas party and after purchasing, I realized it didn't come with glue, so I had to quickly buy a cheap glue and I grabbed this one. I got home and tried it and it worked great. That's basically it. It held my lashes in place for the whole party (6 hours).
It doesn't specify that it's waterproof, so if you have watery eyes or are gonna be crying, yeah, don't wear this.
Which is kinda why I like this because removing is a breeze; I can literally just pull them off of my eyes without any pain and it makes cleaning the lashes a whole lot easier.
This isn't greatest lash glue you can buy (def look at Duo), but for the price, it does the job.

on 8/22/2015 10:31:00 AM

Its like a disaster.You have to be really really really careful when u squeeze the glue on the strip on lashes.If not u will end up glueing your fingers instead:p and it leak!!!!

on 5/23/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's not comparable to the adhesive I have that was purchased from the mall or a beauty salon, but the price is affordable and if applied correctly then the lashes stick. A good thing about it's weak grip is that when it comes time to remove the lashes it doesn't hurt as much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this lash glue every time I run out/lose it only because I know it does a pretty decent job. I'm still on a hunt for the perfect eye lash adhesive but lash grip by ardell is good for now. I just came back from a day at the carnival, spent nearly 12 hours there and this lash glue has impressed me! Despite me sweating combined with the humidity, It managed to keep my lashes on all day. Just make sure you get a "perfect application" of the eyelashes, so no smudging of the glue, no putting the lash on and taking it off to readjust. I find that if you get a "perfect" application of the eyelash then it will definitely have a better staying power! I tend to fiddle and pick at my falsies throughout the day but I find that today when I didn't, it obviously lasted much longer. Just some tips! :)

Packaging is pretty basic. I would have preferred a wand that you can use to apply the glue onto the lashes. This squeeze packaging tends to form bubbles almost every time..so annoying!

on 7/23/2013 5:07:00 AM

For years I had been using Ardell lash glue before I started being more conscious about the stuff I put on my face. When I read the ingredients I was shocked that their lash adhesive contained formaldehyde! I don't know how companies can get away with adding formaldehyde to their ingredients,but Ardell did and so does the ever so popular DUO! I don't care if it's a small amount or big amount, formaldehyde should never ever go on your face! Especially near your eyes! And for this reason I don't buy their lash adhesives anymore. There are other better ones out there like the adhesive from the Brand KISS. I noticed that Ardell lash glue doesn't last very long and isn't exactly waterproof.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have tried a few different adhesives. Personally i LOVE the lashgrip. i have mine in clear, and i agree with everyone that, it does take a little longer to dry, it does seem a little more runny, and you CAN use more product with the way the hole is sized (which i wish was actually smaller) but if careful, i always usually get the best amount onto the lashes, and i let it dry and attend to something else on my face, whether its, apply lipstick, cheeks, eyeliner, and then when i geto to my lashes they are pretty good to go... i mean i def would buy this again, i actually need more right now . =) i want to try the dark this time since its gettiing great review.