4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Canola Oil, Palm Glycerides, Amla Extracts in Canola Oil, Fragrance, t-Butyl Hydroquinone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing stuff. My hair is as dry as straw (50% fine and straight, 50% coarse and kinky) so it has a tendency to frizz big time, although it is desperate for moisture. I wash my hair about 1x every 4-5 days and used to put on an overnight treatment from ears to tips every other night. It was just always so. dry.

Read about this product and had to try it. Saturated hair with this oil, rubbed into scalp, braided hair, watched tv for 1 hour. My hair absorbed most of the oil (not surprised) and I found it easy to wash out. I used Lush purple bar shampoo (2 wash-throughs) followed by 1 pump of regular everyday conditioner. Let my hair towel hat/air dry for 30 minutes and blow dried the rest of it once it was 50% dry.

My hair is so smooth the following morning and I didn't have to put in any leave-in conditioner, or any other product! Really excited about this product. Even the ends of my hair are shiny and smooth.

The scent *is* a little "baby diaper" ish but it's no big deal. It washes out. Wonderful product! I will continue to use it once a week whenever I wash my hair.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ive been using this since high school and it never fails to amaze me at how soft it makes my hair feel! one use per week (often less) is pretty much enough to keep me happy. Ive recently bleached and died the ends of my hair, and through the re-dying to keep the purple alive, its gotten dryer than id ever liked. I use this oil to give a little bit of moisture and softenss back into it and one use brings my hair back to life.
Ive also recommended this to a friend who has been lightening her hair over a few years and even she was amazed at how well it worked! A definite must-have in my hair care collection.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/28/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay, so i am bangladeshi from my father's side and half indian and iranien from my mother's side so i am quite familiar with this oil. First, it smells awful, not even herbal. However the results are great. I think that it isnt even the amla but the mineral oil. Since childhood my mom has been using baby oil for our scalp massages ans that's been my secret for long, shiny hair. Its an indian brand, i dont want to hurt indians, but i doubt the amount of amla in it. In general, i like it but id rather stick to natural oils or just plain old baby oil.

P.S sorry for my english, i'm a french canadien

My mom always use this oil on me when i was a child. So growing up people always compliments my hair, they were long, dark and very thick.
I stop using it when i was in 7 or 8 grade and the result looks like it is permanent, hair is still growing long and strong. Rarely had hair fall. Not even a single strand when i was in the shower or my brush.
But now the nightmare begins. For some reason my hair starts to fall off like crazy, It is devastating because the drain always got clogged by my hair everytime i wash 'em!
Tried everything and nothing works.
Dont know why i forgot about Dabur Amla, so i hope this will work. Use it every 2 days, and ive been using it for 3 times now. Deffinately going to give an update.
Wish me luck

on 8/27/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After I had my first baby, my hair went nuts. I ended up with a frizzy crown of baby hairs around my scalp that wouldn't lie flat no matter what I did. And the hair fall. Oh, the hair fall. I'd end up with handfuls of hair in the shower and my husband blamed me for the constantly clogged drain. After baby number two, I did some research on products that might help with the hair fall and stop the frizzy dryness - that's when I came across amla oil.

For the past few weeks, I've been putting it through my hair an hour before my shower. The smell is horrible and my husband hates it but I'm going to keep going because it really is doing good things to my hair. My hair is much shinier and there is only a tiny bit of frizz around my scalp. The colour also seems richer and I'm not getting nearly as much hair fall as I did after my first baby.

You need to shampoo really well at least twice to rinse it out - I made the mistake of only doing it once the first time and had to rewash the next day. I would really recommend this product and it has definitely improved the condition of my hair.

on 4/17/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because a coworker who is from India recommended it to me for my thinning hair due to PCOS. I hand been using it for 3 weeks now, and I must admit I am very impressed. My hair is literally stopped coming out in clumps, no joke. Before I began using this oil the amount of hair that would fall out whole brushing would bring me to tears. I swear no where near as much comes out now. I don't know about regrowing hair because I have not been using it that long, but I will keep you posted. I also will continue to use this product religiously. The smell is pretty potent, but I dilute is down with half amla, and half coconut oil. I use it almost everyday. A little goes a long way. I also saturate my hair twice a week with it, and let it sit for an hour or more. Since I have very, very curly hair I only wash it once with shampoo, and then condition it. ♡

I've used this twice now in conjunction with other Ayurvedic hair products and I'm amazed at how quickly I saw results. I have long, straight, thick hair that is dyed black. Usually I have a lot of hair fall in the winter. I've seen a significant decrease in that. Additionally, my hair is taking half the time to air dry. Yes, this does have a very medicinal smell, but I don't find it bothersome. I use this and shampoo it out with Vatika Black Shine, and treat my ends with the amla leave in serum. Extremely impressed with all of these products, and the prices are so low.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ah.. my good old amla oil by dabur. You know--at first I didnt like it much---mostly because of the strong herbal smell(don't let that put you off!!).... So i didnt like it UNTIL I had a patch of hair gone from my temple probably because of post pregnancy hormone craziness..
anyway, a neighbor girl from Pakistan noticed my hair and bought me a bottle---then I kept using it. And it grew back quickly.
Now I use it daily after I shower every time to keep my hair in check and to ward off frizzies. I no longer use any hairspray or mousse. Maybe on rare ooccasion, but that's it... but now I just use this AS WELL as the hair oil collection I have slowly amassed, I have 3 other types of Dabur hair oils, as well as one made by Khadi, another by Parachute which is a non sticky coconut hair oil-- I could go on and on! Hair oil, shampoo, and a comb/brush is all I use now. Not even conditioner.
I Will say the smell, as I said earlier, is a bit strong and herbal/medicinal (as others have said) BUT don't let that put you off from the great benefits!!! The smell does dissipate. I am a perfume junkie, so smelling nice is important, and I know that I want my hair smelling nice as well or like nothing...so I can assure you, the smell does dissipate. But, I really don't mind the smell. Others, including family, have either not liked the smell, some have said they like it :-)
But, once again, My hair is once again in GREAT condition AND NOW I even put it in my 12 yr old son's hair after he showers in place of hair gel (we Are full blooded native american--Navajo & Pima so his hair is past his waist, and so is mine.)
Anyhow..... I think I ll use this forever!!. It works well and costs next to nothing!!. I am now all about middle eastern and Indian (from India) hair care.. that's why their women have such long beautiful hair in great condition :-) they are definitely on to something!!!!! I think a simplified hair care regimen that includes a good hair oil is all many people need, ESPECIALLY people of color!! I've tried doing LOTS OF products that promised to give me better hair and during that time, when I was piling on the products (Chemicals!!!) my hair was probably in the worst condition ever!!!!! Now that I have simplified everything, my hair loves it. I am learning that many hair problems and issues in our society are caused by our hairs' "addiction" to all the chemicals in everyday hair products we use nowdays :-(
***FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIGHT COLORED HAIR : I would not use Dabur Amla hair oil...INSTEAD I would suggest to you to try Parachute Jasmine Non sticky coconut hair oil.
The reason is that the Dabur Amla Will darken your light (blonde, light brown, ect) colored hair and I think it might take a while for it to return to normal coloring again...
Try the Parachute (available on eBay,) it is my other HG hair oil! I always have 2 bottles of this oil around because I have to purchase it off ebay. It melts right into your hair and smells divine!!!!!

on 8/10/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wasn't too impressed when I first started using this oil, until I realised that I wasn't applying the right way. I used to put some on my roots straight from the bottle and let it sit for 1 hour, but washing it off was a hassle and I always ended up with greasy hair. What I now do is this:

- heat the oil up by leaving it out in the sun for a few hours
- apply to roots and massage for 10mins so that it gets to the scalp
- comb it to spread the oil evenly along the hair
- braid it and let it sit for 1-2 hours
- wash it off with lukewarm water only first, massaging the hair and scalp under the running water - this helps avoid oily hair afterwards
- shampoo gently. You must remember that this is an Ayurvedic oil so for best results you have to use it with other Ayurvedic remedies. I use a neem-based shampoo and I'm always blown away by the results.

Yes, the whole thing is time-consuming but a hot oil hair treatment is the perfect excuse to enjoy some 'me' time.

I used to have lush dark brown hair but I started experiencing massive hair loss and thinning. After 1 month using this oil I can definitely see that my hair is getting back into shape. After one year of hair loss I'm starting to see growth around the temples, also my hair looks definitely healthier and the shine is back. And it's not just me, people have remarked on how much better it looks without knowing that I was using this oil. So my advice is be patient and persistent and you'll see the results!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Last week I've visited a local Asian food store which also sells cosmetic products. The lady there recommended me the Dabur Amla Gold Hair Oil for hair growth.
What the package says: For long, soft & strong hair. Amla, helps strengthen hair from root to tips. Almonds, helps moisturize and soften hair. Henna, helps condition hair.

My experience. First I used this as a leave in, but it left my hair greasy, so I decided to use it as a pre-shampooing. It contains mineral oils and silicones, so I was a bit dissapointed, I expected it to be more natural. I apply it about one hour before shampooing and I plan to use it once a week (I wash my hair twice).. It leaves my hair shiny and silky, but it is difficult to wash out. It is goof if you have very dry hair, it really moisturizes, but otherwise, I would recommend you a more natural product without silicones.

I will probably repurchase it, or, it there are any, another product of Dabur which is silicone free.

Love Emi <3